Added on time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Been a theme this season that added on time makes absolutely no sense at all.

First half we had 2 goals, 1 penalty where VAR took about 30 seconds to check it, and one injury to Onana which again lasted around 30 seconds. He added on 6 minutes, how its 6 minutes is beyond me.

Second half, we had another goal, 6 subs but only 5 minutes gets added on.

I'm not sure how any of these were accurate amounts of time added on per half. Are refs just making up as they go along? Would it have been 5 minutes if the score was 1-1?

Don't know if you saw the thread I started on introducing a stop clock.

Take the timekeeping out of the referee on the field hands. Still punish for timewasting, but just keep a more accurate timing.

Been a theme this season that added on time makes absolutely no sense at all.

First half we had 2 goals, 1 penalty where VAR took about 30 seconds to check it, and one injury to Onana which again lasted around 30 seconds. He added on 6 minutes, how its 6 minutes is beyond me.

Second half, we had another goal, 6 subs but only 5 minutes gets added on.

I'm not sure how any of these were accurate amounts of time added on per half. Are refs just making up as they go along? Would it have been 5 minutes if the score was 1-1?
They wasted at least two minutes standing around on our right getting ready to take a free kick. Also Evans went off injured and multiple subs were made.

Don't get me wrong, I have little confidence in us scoring and I know people are bored with conspiracy theories but you can't deny unconscious bias is a thing.

I mean, the nudge on McAtee, after a pen had already been given was never going to be awarded against Man U, but Maguire didn't play the ball at all, he just used his arm to lever him out of the way.

They wasted at least two minutes standing around on our right getting ready to take a free kick. Also Evans went off injured and multiple subs were made.

Don't get me wrong, I have little confidence in us scoring and I know people are bored with conspiracy theories but you can't deny unconscious bias is a thing.

I mean, the nudge on McAtee, after a pen had already been given was never going to be awarded against Man U, but Maguire didn't play the ball at all, he just used his arm to lever him out of the way.
Anywhere else on the pitch and we get a free kick. So it's a pen, all day long.

Probably wrong thread but was it me or did GCB at start of match go tits up ? I swear we were singing it and kop was miles behind so it didn’t seem loud after all which I was gutted about cos I felt we had to get behind em
From off and that was the starting point. Thought atmosphere was flat especially compared to the 3-3 other season. But thought man United fans were crap aswell and they are imo the best away fans in country by a mile. .. strange atmosphere tbh all night. And I know we are bad but that’s a bad bad Manchester United side

The first couple of weeks there was regularly 10 minutes in games in the second half

And managers and players came out and kicked off I would assume that has led to the referees and Howard Webb bottling there stance

There is and was absolutely nowt wrong with adding 10 minutes on a game it punishes time wasting and time management like it did with us at spurs

It appears the refs have bottled it again like they do every possible decision they can

I'd like to know how the entire Manchester team were allowed to hound the ref when the own was awarded.

I thought that was not allowed anymore..or is it just small clubs like us.
I thought the same, especially when you consider McBurnie was sent off for it. And we all saw what happened the week he served his suspension.
He is easily our most important player, as shown from the performance before and after he went off last night. There’s no way he should be sent off if the whole Man U team can hound the ref like they did.

The first couple of weeks there was regularly 10 minutes in games in the second half

And managers and players came out and kicked off I would assume that has led to the referees and Howard Webb bottling there stance

There is and was absolutely nowt wrong with adding 10 minutes on a game it punishes time wasting and time management like it did with us at spurs

It appears the refs have bottled it again like they do every possible decision they can
I really don’t think we were that bad at spurs. I think we’ve already come out and shown that other teams take equally long when deciding whether to play suicidal short passes to their defenders before deciding to boot it.

The only way to do the management of it if a person in the stands paused the clock though. A clock all the players and fans can see. Clarity is needed about what is a legitimate time to take over a free kick/goal kick/throw in and then if someone goes beyond that, say 30 seconds for a goal kick, then everyone can see that has happened and the clock is paused.

Also, do they round up or down if say, three and a half minutes is the actual added time?

Probably wrong thread but was it me or did GCB at start of match go tits up ? I swear we were singing it and kop was miles behind so it didn’t seem loud after all which I was gutted about cos I felt we had to get behind em
From off and that was the starting point. Thought atmosphere was flat especially compared to the 3-3 other season. But thought man United fans were crap aswell and they are imo the best away fans in country by a mile. .. strange atmosphere tbh all night. And I know we are bad but that’s a bad bad Manchester United side
sorry have I read that right, Man U fans best away fans by a country mile !!

I really don’t think we were that bad at spurs. I think we’ve already come out and shown that other teams take equally long when deciding whether to play suicidal short passes to their defenders before deciding to boot it.

The only way to do the management of it if a person in the stands paused the clock though. A clock all the players and fans can see. Clarity is needed about what is a legitimate time to take over a free kick/goal kick/throw in and then if someone goes beyond that, say 30 seconds for a goal kick, then everyone can see that has happened and the clock is paused.

Also, do they round up or down if say, three and a half minutes is the actual added time?

We time wasted to fuck at spurs at every opportunity

That’s just what you do all teams in that situation would do that

I think they need to use a stop clock but then when do you stop the clock If you stopped the clock every time the ball went out it would be 4 hours a game

Don't know if you saw the thread I started on introducing a stop clock.

Take the timekeeping out of the referee on the field hands. Still punish for timewasting, but just keep a more accurate timing.

I agree, I've been saying this for some time. It happens in other sports.

I think they need to use a stop clock but then when do you stop the clock If you stopped the clock every time the ball went out it would be 4 hours a game
I must have a greater tolerance for it. We didn’t reach Norwich under Farke or Forest under Billy Davies shit house standards.

I don’t think the clock should be stopped if the ball goes out. That would be a farce. I’m saying if they are going to do this then everyone needs to know what constitutes too long for a start and then if say 30 seconds or less is deemed the correct time then we all know the clock gets paused at that point. Same for every team. The more I think about it though the less I like it. I just don’t like someone making a decision with no explanation for how that time was accrued.

it’s inconceivable that the ref could elect to eventually replay one third of a half against us in that Spurs game, yet afford just 5 minutes yesterday. Two of which were used whilst Man U stood around at a free kick with the ball not in play, so it should have gone up to 7 to even get the full 5. Add in Spurs having a man sent off at Luton and then only having to play 5 more just shows the inconsistency.

We got 13 minutes at Fulham due to Basham’s injury, a long pause in play and paramedics on the field. Yet this was still eclipsed by that second half at Spurs. Surely just like Lundstram’s toe that’s the point at which that ruling ‘jumped the shark’.

It wouldn't be a 4 hour game though would it? Reduce the time played to 60mins (30 each half), and still penalise for blstant time wasting. Best of both worlds.

Id even go so far as to say of you are awarded a corner or throw in and you take too long possession goes to other team. Similarly if a a goal kick isn't taken quickly enough, you concede a corner.

We need to get out of the mentality that every rule change is going to ruin the game, it isn't, there are simple changes that could actually make the sport more entertaining.

It wouldn’t have mattered if it was 55 hours injury time last night. We still wouldn’t have scored in that second half.

Just using your post as an example Hillsboro Blade nothing personal.

But let's stop getting hung up on whether we would have scored if any additional time was added on, and focus more on having the time keeping be consistent and fair. At the moment, I don't feel it is.

If the game was 1-1 no way would it have been 5 added on.
And did anyone notice Wes been told to get on with it by Michael Oliver at 1-1.
Onana took the same time at 1-1 and at 1-2 and nothing, bar a brief wave of the hand from Oliver in the 93rd min.
Pre judgement from referees.

If the game was 1-1 no way would it have been 5 added on.
And did anyone notice Wes been told to get on with it by Michael Oliver at 1-1.
Onana took the same time at 1-1 and at 1-2 and nothing, bar a brief wave of the hand from Oliver in the 93rd min.
Pre judgement from referees.

Wes got moaned at for not kicking within milliseconds after fetching the ball himself…

Onana lobbed the ball forward 6 yards in an attempt to nick 6 yards more than they’d already stolen at a free kick and was surprisingly asked to move it back a bit… which action wasted more time?

Don’t get me started on how it can take so long for a penalty to be taken from award 🙄

It wouldn't be a 4 hour game though would it? Reduce the time played to 60mins (30 each half), and still penalise for blstant time wasting. Best of both worlds.

Id even go so far as to say of you are awarded a corner or throw in and you take too long possession goes to other team. Similarly if a a goal kick isn't taken quickly enough, you concede a corner.

We need to get out of the mentality that every rule change is going to ruin the game, it isn't, there are simple changes that could actually make the sport more entertaining.
They tried the 30 minute halves in an American lower league years back. The clock would stop for free kicks, corners, injuries etc. And what happened each half lasted about 45 to 50 minutes. So all you pay for is a 60 minute game with a lot of time outs.

They tried the 30 minute halves in an American lower league years back. The clock would stop for free kicks, corners, injuries etc. And what happened each half lasted about 45 to 50 minutes. So all you pay for is a 60 minute game with a lot of time outs.
Which is more game time than we currently get, and we're in the same situation we are in now, but with more accurate timekeeping.

I'd like to know how the entire Manchester team were allowed to hound the ref when the own was awarded.

I thought that was not allowed anymore..or is it just small clubs like us.
It's been an MUFC tactic since forever, thirty years ago Giggs , Hughes etc hounded refs.
On Saturday not one of their fucking trollops got booked for hounding the ponce in black.

Wes got moaned at for not kicking within milliseconds after fetching the ball himself…

Onana lobbed the ball forward 6 yards in an attempt to nick 6 yards more than they’d already stolen at a free kick and was surprisingly asked to move it back a bit… which action wasted more time?

Don’t get me started on how it can take so long for a penalty to be taken from award 🙄
Someone said VAR check, I saw no sign of that, just a crowd of wankers in Juventus kits hounding the ref.

Back
Top Bottom