About to pass 30,000 tickets sold for Wembley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Given this is our 4th time of asking and 5th play-off nightmare, that's really pretty good.

UTB

Actually it is pretty shite for a club from the UK's 4th city

...in the third division, for too many asks...

We'll have to beg to differ, though I'll always be suprised ay how many have chosen not to go either way.

UTB

Strange that a team from Sheffield needing one win for promotion can't sell 38000 tickets for the game ............................ oh hang on :(

Strange that a team from Sheffield needing one win for promotion can't sell 38000 tickets for the game ............................ oh hang on :(

I remember a team from Sheffield who couldn't shift 20,000 for an FA cup final, when it was REALLY worth winning. It's all about circumstances.

UTB

Well, have a word with the FA and ask them to move it to the Sty then.

Enjoy bigging up the pigs? Slightly different traveling 340 miles round trip (plus the expense) as opposed to turning up at your own ground. And that would be the same pigs that couldn't average 30,000 even when they qualified for Europe - something we managed under Warnock despite being relegated. Given the number of play off finals we've been to & the massive disappointment each time - plus the way we faltered at the end of the season - 30,000 is decent. UTB FTO

30,000 Blades, average 170 miles each way round Trip = over 10 Million Football Miles, Green as Fuck.

Who has the Shortest Journey ?

Who has the Longest Journey ? - and I bet that fucker from LA is on here Saturday wanting a Stream

What's the parking like at your place Bushers?
If you are not congested if you know what I mean?

The Servants Car Park will be Full, so no go there, I think there is an NCP somewhere in London

BuckinghamPalace.jpg

place

The Servants Car Park will be Full, so no go there, I think there is an NCP somewhere in London
Alright Worky, I have a cunning plan and, unlike Kevin Blackwell, a back up plan.
Last time, as an M40 meister, we parked at Ickenham and tubed it in but that was too long a journey and the queue for the tube back after the game was a 'mare. This time I plan to drive in further and see if I can get some street parking and walk the rest of the way.

Alright Worky, I have a cunning plan and, unlike Kevin Blackwell, a back up plan.
Last time, as an M40 meister, we parked at Ickenham and tubed it in but that was too long a journey and the queue for the tube back after the game was a 'mare. This time I plan to drive in further and see if I can get some street parking and walk the rest of the way.

Have a look at Alperton-ish, Hanger Lane, there is a Bus Service to Wembley, but you can Walk it. Hanger Lane is one or two Junctions past Wembley on the North Circular, Look for a Pub called the Fox and Goose.

Have a look at Alperton-ish, Hanger Lane, there is a Bus Service to Wembley, but you can Walk it. Hanger Lane is one or two Junctions past Wembley on the North Circular, Look for a Pub called the Fox and Goose.
Plan C - cheers Worky
It's a fair walk from there though - I have customers in Park Royal

Plan C - cheers Worky
It's a fair walk from there though - I have customers in Park Royal

Yep at least 40mins, very Cultural though, did it Vs Burnley, the Walk got it out of my System before Landing in the Pub, the rest is just a blur .....

Actually it is pretty shite for a club from the UK's 4th city
I never know where this fact comes from. Are we talking in terms of population, postal area, or actual land mass covered.
According to Wiki, its the 3rd largest district in terms of poulation but that is slightly deceptive given that Manchester is smaller but maybe thats because of Salford?
I dont think many would have put Bradford above Liverpool Bristol or Manchester either. London comes in with a population of 11700.

Back
Top Bottom