CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As a friend of the family and knowing Aaron as i do and knowing he is not in the loop as when he was sold to Bournemouth,( knew nothing of the deal,when he was sold On chris wilders wedding day).The lad reads and nows whats being said.
His focus is on being the best he can the rest is irrelevant.

Not disputing any of that, I only asked as it appeared you are closer to Aaron and may know.

For the record - I think he's a very good young goalkeeper and want him to stay. No axe to grind here.

Not disputing any of that, I only asked as it appeared you are closer to Aaron and may know.

For the record - I think he's a very good young goalkeeper and want him to stay. No axe to grind here.
Swindonbladejnr, thankyou for that,no he isnt gutted! The reason being there was no deal, so Aaron cannot be upset over the aleged break down of the deal! Cus there wasnt one!
That make sence!
By the way he isnt in the loop!

Arsenal look like the newly promoted team here

By. All. Accounts. Yeah you were really using an even hand. If only there were people on here close to him telling you he was happy to stay?
You don’t rate the lad, fair enough, and you have to point it out continually but now you’re happy to try and perpetuate a story that he’s gutted he has to stay.
You’re wrong about him, and one thing that can no longer be doubted is his mentality, but you aren’t going to change your mind and will continue to snipe at any misstep or mistake he makes. I just think using that claim in a further attempt to undermine him shows poor form on your behalf.

Bloody hell mate, numerous media sources have said it & I repeated it. I didn't claim it to be fact. In my opinion, he'd be mad not to want that move for all of the aforementioned reasons; career progression, living location, salary. They're probably the main three considerations in any job move & Arsenal wins out majorly on all three.

You keep banging on about this personal vendetta I supposedly against Ramsdale... not sure I understand it? I thought he was really poor in the first half of the season & then average-to-good in the second half of the season. I don't think my view differs that much to most others'. I've a lot of respect for the way he turned it around and was pleased he got to go away with England.

But as stated, I think his market value is inflated (at £25-30m if that's what's being offered) and it's a great move for him. I don't think we should step in his way as the potential NET gain for us in selling (& addressing the squad imbalance with the leftover) is too great.

Apologies if this has already been said as I don't have time to read through all the recent pages. But I do think this so called "breakdown" in negotiations is a ploy by Arsenal. We've heard from multiple sources that Aaron has no plans to push the deal through but we'd be daft to think he wouldn't jump at it for a stature of club such as Arsenal. I believe this is a ploy to change Aaron's view on it by talks intentionally falling to a halt by massively missing our valuation. Think about it. Get to personal terms agreed as has been claimed in the media which leads our brokers to believe Arsenal are serious and will hit close to our valuation only to at the last minute after personal terms are agreed to mess us about and offer an amount no where close. That way Aaron might get frustrated with us as we get blamed for it *somehow. He then tries to push it through a bit more maybe? Who knows. I'm just spit balling but I don't think this is the last we'll hear of this.
No time to read previous pages.....You need to so the full facts of what we believe/think/manipulated/social media swayed and those ITK'ers and not so much ITK'ers post. That's all. If he starts tomorrow that's positive, if not....😎

Bloody hell mate, numerous media sources have said it & I repeated it. I didn't claim it to be fact. In my opinion, he'd be mad not to want that move for all of the aforementioned reasons; career progression, living location, salary. They're probably the main three considerations in any job move & Arsenal wins out majorly on all three.

You keep banging on about this personal vendetta I supposedly against Ramsdale... not sure I understand it? I thought he was really poor in the first half of the season & then average-to-good in the second half of the season. I don't think my view differs that much to most others'. I've a lot of respect for the way he turned it around and was pleased he got to go away with England.

But as stated, I think his market value is inflated (at £25-30m if that's what's being offered) and it's a great move for him. I don't think we should step in his way as the potential NET gain for us in selling (& addressing the squad imbalance with the leftover) is too great.
well arsenals offer of 18m is derisory as well for an england squad member personally think 25/30m is about the right price and if arsenal dont come up with the readies they dont get him

Numourous media sources........come on.....show us a few......I've seen one from a London based sun journalist. You are talking shite....as per.

It’s all relative. Berge absolutely is exceptional in the Championship
That may be true but can we afford to keep him and not buy other players. Selling him would give us more options to strengthen and balance the squad. With all the money we have spent last season its Berge or Rammers or both that may have to go. Nobody is bidding for Mousset and McBurnie or Brewster. I can't see the club buying without at least balancing the books with sales.

I'm very firmly in the "reports that he's gutted stink of agent/journalist shit" camp.. Why would he be gutted? He's right at the beginning of a career in a position that typically gets a lot more time than outfield. He's a footballing babby who's stock is high. This isn't his big chance missed, if he did go to arsenal he'd likely warm the bench for a team who will finish around 9th again. He's fine here, and maybe I'm naive, but I'm sure he knows that.

That may be true but can we afford to keep him and not buy other players. Selling him would give us more options to strengthen and balance the squad. With all the money we have spent last season its Berge or Rammers or both that may have to go. Nobody is bidding for Mousset and McBurnie or Brewster. I can't see the club buying without at least balancing the books with sales.
If we have to sell to buy then I agree. However, as I’ve said previously, if that were the case then the club, Slav in particular, are putting out conflicting messages. If the transfer kitty is empty, I’m not sure we would have held so firm in our negotiations with Arsenal.

Buying and selling footballers is high stakes poker, we are at the moment playing our hand very well. ( for a change )

Numourous media sources........come on.....show us a few......I've seen one from a London based sun journalist. You are talking shite....as per.

Or, you know... numerous. As I said...

They’re all sharing the same story. It’s not a group of individuals who all interviewed him at the same time. It’s people who’ve found the same story online and are sharing it. Not one of them has ever spoken to Aaron Ramsdale.

Besides, if he watched that shower of shite last night…thinking he’d have to bale out that awful defence and those pathetic centre backs...he’d be gutted that he even thought about moving to the Arse

Isn’t “understand “ a journalistic phrase to avoid litigation. A bit like allegedly

What a load of bollocks....at least 3 of those refer directly to the report by the London based sun journalist. The others are just using copy and paste with no direct quotes or alternative information. If you think that is numourous sources then you are a bigger fool than I thought you were. Let's face it - you clearly have an agenda against Ramsdale as Flatulant Bob has indicated.

still think arsenal might come back again for rammy with a last ditch bid for him

They’re all sharing the same story. It’s not a group of individuals who all interviewed him at the same time. It’s people who’ve found the same story online and are sharing it. Not one of them has ever spoken to Aaron Ramsdale.

Besides, if he watched that shower of shite last night…thinking he’d have to bale out that awful defence and those pathetic centre backs...he’d be gutted that he even thought about moving to the Arse
He knows it is, he’s just playing the fool. They even link to the tweet or even each other.
For some reason he’s wants to set the narrative that Arsenal are spinning, despite posters on here with close links to the player saying it’s not the case.
This isn’t over, they’ll be back in with at least another bid before the end of the window.

still think arsenal might come back again for rammy with a last ditch bid for him
I agree. Apparently they’re not going to pursue Johnston again so I’m a bit stumped as to where else they’ll go for a homegrown keeper.

Back
Top Bottom