CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looking at the reaction of Arsenal fans Ramsdale is going to have to be made of very stern stuff if he goes there.
Not sure he's ready.

£30m probably is about right for the ridiculously inflated market. Purely based on his credentials. But having watched him closely for a season, if he was a bit older & foreign nobody would be going near him. For instance, Martinez who they sold last season is a much better readymade goalkeeper.

My fear is that he's going to the club that, in my opinion, has the worst, most cynical fanbase in the country. He won't get a full season to prove himself.

£30m probably is about right for the ridiculously inflated market. Purely based on his credentials. But having watched him closely for a season, if he was a bit older & foreign nobody would be going near him. For instance, Martinez who they sold last season is a much better readymade goalkeeper.

My fear is that he's going to the club that, in my opinion, has the worst, most cynical fanbase in the country. He won't get a full season to prove himself.
I like him and he did improve and put in some really good performances. Could be a very good keeper in future but i'd be a bit concerned if I was an arsenal fan. Seems a strange one for them to go after for the money talked about

£30m wow.
They can’t have watched his performances in the first half of last season.

What’s worrying is starting last seasons debacle with Rammers all over again with a different keeper and potentially waiting months for decent performances to show.

It could seriously hamper our promotion prospects, especially with SJ’s alleged gung-ho attacking style, i’d argue its one of our most important positions to get points on the board

£30m for a keeper relegated from the Prem two years in a row is a bit of an odd one. A keeper supposedly behind Johnstone in the England pecking order? Snatch their hands off.

For instance, Martinez who they sold last season is a much better readymade goalkeeper.
Arsenal are a complete embarrassment with how theyve handled their business, was obvious Martinez was decent enough for the shirt, also let go of world class players in Gnabry, Giroud and Ozil.

Arrogant, negligent and incompetent.

i think if arsenal were to up their offer to say 28m we will accept it maybe even a loan player will be part of any deal

if arsenal offer 30m i reckon we will accept

no way arsenal will offer 40m for rammy if they offer 30m i reckon we would accept it

we shouldnt be selling rammy for anything less than 30m

still think if an offer of 30m comes in we will accept it

yep 30m and hes arsenals imo

Are quite sure we will accept £30m for Ramsdale :)

Arsenal are a complete embarrassment with how theyve handled their business, was obvious Martinez was decent enough for the shirt, also let go of world class players in Gnabry, Giroud and Ozil.

It’s a bad move for him 100% the club is toxic and a laughing stock to the top 6 teams. If he makes a mistake having paid £30m they will be out to get him immediately.

For us £30m is a huge fee, albeit I don’t trust we’ll spend the money wisely and I’m sure Ramsdale will have a huge wage rise that will appeal to him too and the London city life.

My issue it’s probably £15/£20m with loads of add ons over 3/4 years not money we can utilise immediately.

weve known for weeks this move was possible surely slav has identified a replacement for rammy

If I were them I’d attempt to get Johnstone from West Brom. Just as good a goalkeeper in the final year of his deal, surely they could get him for a lot less.

£30m/£35m is possibly good business for us, I’m not sure it is for them.

After buying Ben White for £50m they’re going to spend £80m plus on two players that don’t really dramatically improve them.

What a disaster relegation now looks for our short to long term future.. but never mind “no VAR and 3 pm kick offs“ will kepp the plebs happy, so what if we are back in League one in three seasons

Looking forward to seeing Fodders out do Simmo and Long in our affections.

What a disaster relegation now looks for our short to long term future.. but never mind “no VAR and 3 pm kick offs“ will kepp the plebs happy, so what if we are back in League one in three seasons

Looking forward to seeing Fodders out do Simmo and Long in our affections.
We’ll have loads of money in the bank though!

Hopefully The Prince can send us all a screen shot of it after Fodders has let one slide between his legs vs B’ham 😣

“On this game alone, and considering they’re roughly the same age… I think I’d take Cooper over the £18.5m Ramsdale.”

yep me too... ☹️

What’s the big deal? We can just go and sign Plymouth Argyles 21 year old goalkeeper who you rated higher than Ramsdale six months ago?

😃

If Ozil had been at the lane we'd have chased him out of town. Makes Lunny look like a trier. Top footballer, poor attitude/work ethic.

Goalkeeper is a key position.

When you have a good young one that is improving as he gains experience then you don't sell him if you want to build a successful team.

You build that team around him and sell someone else or maybe even two or three others are don't have to be replaced like for like.

Every great team in history was built on a goalie, a centre half and a centre forward but goalie is the only position on the field that is totally inflexible.

I agree he’ll go for that. However how good of a deal is it for us? Pays back what we paid with a small profit - 25% of which goes to B’Mouth

For a player that was set to be our keeper for the next 5/6 years I’m just not sure where it leaves us going forward.

Two weeks until the first game of the season and no number one keeper. Two poor reserves.
Tbh we don't know how good verrips is

Conceded 1.4 goals a game....blimey we'll have to up our 'goals for' if we stick him in!
I've put Aaron in next to Verrips. Different competitions, but still a bit of an overview.

I agree he’ll go for that. However how good of a deal is it for us? Pays back what we paid with a small profit - 25% of which goes to B’Mouth

For a player that was set to be our keeper for the next 5/6 years I’m just not sure where it leaves us going forward.

Two weeks until the first game of the season and no number one keeper. Two poor reserves.
I understood that Bournemouth's cut is 15%. I doubt we agreed to 25%. He wasn't a total unknown so I can't see us giving up so much.

Worth pointing out as always has to be done on here 😉 that it is 15% of the profit, not the fee!

So if we did pay out already 13.5m and sold for 30m, then we'd be giving Bournemouth another 2.475m not 4.5m as some may assume.

So we'd be making about 14m but let's bot get carried away, how much market value has Brewster lost for instance?

Interesting that Bettinelli, Jokanovic's old keeper is looking for a job and is free.

I understood that Bournemouth's cut is 15%. I doubt we agreed to 25%. He wasn't a total unknown so I can't see us giving up so much.

Worth pointing out as always has to be done on here 😉 that it is 15% of the profit, not the fee!

So if we did pay out already 13.5m and sold for 30m, then we'd be giving Bournemouth another 2.475m not 4.5m as some may assume.

So we'd be making about 14m but let's bot get carried away, how much market value has Brewster lost for instance?

Interesting that Bettinelli, Jokanovic's old keeper is looking for a job and is free.
Yes I thought it would only be on the profit, talksport are very inaccurate when it comes to transfer rumours however this one doesn’t seem to be going away.

I don’t believe £30m is on the table right now. It’s not as straight forward as football manager.

Woodman would be my choice, I like the fact Ramsdale was our keeper though. The Henderson thing unnerved me, will he won’t he come back was the main gossip.

Yes the last keeper we had on loan was shit
There isn’t an obvious deano or even Blackman type loan knocking about this summer though. Both had league one experience before joining us bazunu is the closest but he’s getting that league one experience this year at Pompey. Woodman the standout but if we’re going for him I’d prefer to try for a perm.

Back
Top Bottom