CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I put Rammers in a similar bracket to a young Joe Hart.
Great shot stopping with loads of potential but for some reason I feel slightly nervous when we concede a corner or the opposition cross it in.
Where as with Henderson…I rarely felt nerves in these situation….although maybe it was the great defence in front of him.

The main issue with Ramsdale is that he’s still very young.
They say goalies don’t reach their prime until they are 30-32 age group, so he’s plenty of time to improve.

My view is Rammers is currently worth 20 million but he’s an investment with his valuation likely to increase over the next few years.
It depends who we bring in as a replacement but if we aren’t desperate to raise money….then I’d insist on 30 million minimum.

Since when?

Since for ever. What isn't allowed is for club employees to approach players directly without the expressed permission of their club. However, that is negated by the use of appointed representatives. Utd themselves have engaged someone to do precisely that with prospective targets in Europe.

IMO we have the upper hand here big time, he's under contract, Arsenal desperate for a GK, lack of young English GK prospects ready-made for the PL, Rammers won't hand in a request. Take them right to the line, £35m.
I think when selling either of Rammers or Berge we should use the sale as.leverage for loans or players in part exchamge. If Arsenal were to pay 30m plus 2 loanees with no loan fees then you are talking.

I think we could replace Berge with a cheaper slightly lower quality player or a loan,
But a goalkeeper is a different kettle of fish

Keep Rammers at all costs

Sky reported Dharmesh Sheth has said that Arsenal are indeed interested in Sheffield United goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale this summer.

Ramsdale has emerged as a target for the Gunners in recent weeks, although United are said to be digging their heels in a bit. The Blades apparently want around £35m for their number one.

Since those reports of such a big fee, interest seems to have died down somewhat. However, speaking on Sky Sports News today, Sheth confirmed that the Gunners retain an interest in Ramsdale.

“Make no mistake about it, Arsenal are interested in signing a new goalkeeper this summer,” Sheth said

SheffieldUnitedNews

Dharmesh Sheth makes Nixon look credible....

IMO we have the upper hand here big time, he's under contract, Arsenal desperate for a GK, lack of young English GK prospects ready-made for the PL, Rammers won't hand in a request. Take them right to the line, £35m.

Especially if Johnstone goes elsewhere e.g. West Ham

I put Rammers in a similar bracket to a young Joe Hart.
Great shot stopping with loads of potential but for some reason I feel slightly nervous when we concede a corner or the opposition cross it in.
Where as with Henderson…I rarely felt nerves in these situation….although maybe it was the great defence in front of him.

The main issue with Ramsdale is that he’s still very young.
They say goalies don’t reach their prime until they are 30-32 age group, so he’s plenty of time to improve.

My view is Rammers is currently worth 20 million but he’s an investment with his valuation likely to increase over the next few years.
It depends who we bring in as a replacement but if we aren’t desperate to raise money….then I’d insist on 30 million minimum.
we shouldnt be selling rammy for anything less than 30m

I
no way arsenal will offer 40m for rammy if they offer 30m i reckon we would accept it
Think a lot of folks are under estimating the new Blades board way of doing transfer deals. This is not McSellcheap any more.

That said, every player has a price, and if the board thinks its a fair price im sure they will do business.

Noise (and that's all it is) around Berge/Baldock/Rammers, and we will see have the new board conducts its business

Lets see whos here come start of the season

They are not allowed to speak with him unless we agree, so how the fuck can ramsdale be tempted by the salary increase. Are they insinuating they will tap rammers up?
Well all the Arsenal players in the England squad at the Euro's must have been tapping him up......

We obviously paid in the region of £20m for him. We don’t want to sign a player as good as he could be and make no profit on him when he goes, look at the profit B’mouth made on him.

£30m offered and he probably goes for me. We can replace him and have made around £10m profit.

Albeit the replacement is probably not going to be as good, £5-10m gets you a very good goalkeeper in this league.

With two weeks until the first game though now is not the time to consider selling our number 1. We should wait until this time next season.

We obviously paid in the region of £20m for him. We don’t want to sign a player as good as he could be and make no profit on him when he goes, look at the profit B’mouth made on him.

£30m offered and he probably goes for me. We can replace him and have made around £10m profit.

Albeit the replacement is probably not going to be as good, £5-10m gets you a very good goalkeeper in this league.

With two weeks until the first game though now is not the time to consider selling our number 1. We should wait until this time next season.
We paid £13.5m max. If he goes, we'll make a huge profit on him.

We paid £13.5m max. If he goes, we'll make a huge profit on him.
Absolutely no chance. Read the articles at the time, Wilder even said in one of his interviews over £20m and continuously said ‘we’ve made our big signing now’ I do think we physically paid less due to them still owing us on Brooks.

Absolutely no chance. Read the articles at the time, Wilder even said in one of his interviews over £20m and continuously said ‘we’ve made our big signing now’ I do think we physically paid less due to them still owing us on Brooks.

100%

direct quote from the prince was that this was a transfer record for us. Even discounting the sell on it’s not less than 18-19m…

me may squeeze a little more out of someone but not likely to make a huge profit I wouldn’t have thought.

i believe the figure for rammy was 18m but bournemouth still owed us 5m on the brooks transfer so round about 13m having said that you can say he cost 18m still think if an offer of 30m comes in we will accept it im sure slav will have another keeper on his radar if he does go

I'd take what Wilder said in his interviews with a pinch of salt.

Bournemouth leaked £18.5m to the press. That was inclusive of add ons and the 25% sell on clause which we netted off to give a total of £13.5m. I've said it before but when announcing their awful 2019/20 accounts (they lost over £60m in their relegation season) Bournemouth's CEO said:
Bournemouth CEO Neill Blake said:
After the year end, the club sold three players for a profit of £50.8 million*

Those three players are Nathan Aké (sold for £41m, bought for £20m therefore £21m profit), Callum Wilson (sold for £20m, bought for £3m therefore £17m profit) and Aaron Ramsdale (bought for £0.8m, sold for X, backsolved profit = £50.8m - (£21m+£17m) = £12.8m). X cannot be greater than £13.6m otherwise Mr Baker would have given a higher figure to the press.

Agree on the cash aspect of it all. We probably still owe them £5m in instalments.

*he's also simplifying this as he's not talking about profit on disposal. Wilson and Aké alone will represent a £45m+ book profit which doesn't leave enough for Ramsdale.

They say Arsenal are prepared to offer 40 million (no chance) and then cite a Star article as evidence which says nothing about what arsenal is willing to pay, just that United value him at 40.
Classic Stir

Geerimselt! As long as we dont spunk it on bloody cairney or some other has been.

Snap their hands off for that. He's good, but we can get a solid championship keeper for a pittance of that and we still need a CB, creative mid and a winger or 2.

I mean 30m isn't a bad offer tbf. I'd be shocked if we turned that down
I agree he’ll go for that. However how good of a deal is it for us? Pays back what we paid with a small profit - 25% of which goes to B’Mouth

For a player that was set to be our keeper for the next 5/6 years I’m just not sure where it leaves us going forward.

Two weeks until the first game of the season and no number one keeper. Two poor reserves.

Back
Top Bottom