A question that has to be asked. But what the answer is, is anybody s guess

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

djbaldken

Reaction score
Why can't we find a buyer?
We were heading for the Premier league and we couldn't find a buyer. The only two options were shysters or frauds.
Now we are in the Premier league ( Not for much longer) we still can't find a buyer.
What's wrong? Why aren't we attracting potential buyers.
Is our infrastructure that shite? Is the Prince asking too much? What is it?
We are (currently) in the (allegedly) best league in the world. The potential for world wide exposure is there.
So WHY can't we find a buyer? Something somewhere is not right. What is it?

Its a conundrum. To me we look like an attractive option. I get people say that perhaps Sheffield lacks certain things but the ground, infrastructure, academy etc all looks good. When you see teams like Ipswich getting investment and yet we are only attracting frauds its bizarre. You wonder how hard the Prince is really pushing this. Surely he has people out pushing for the club to be sold?

We were heading for the Premier league and we couldn't find a buyer. The only two options were shysters or frauds.
Now we are in the Premier league ( Not for much longer) we still can't find a buyer.
We are (currently) in the (allegedly) best league in the world. The potential for world wide exposure is there.
Who on earth is going to buy a football club who isn’t a shyster or a fraud, or simply deluded. Neither we nor (almost) any other football club are viable as a business. Just to stand still requires vast sums of money available to pour down the drain with no return at the end, and then fans demand you put your hand in your pocket to fund more losses when you finally run out of money.

Other than oil-rich states sports-washing and billionaires with more money than sense (both of whom would look for clubs significantly bigger than ours) the pool of people or companies willing to buy a football club as a vanity project to waste all their money is diminishing. This isn’t just a problem for United and I don’t know where it will end.

Because he won't lower his price. Balls to what Bettis said about him asking for the 'market value' for a club of our stature, the price is what people are willing to pay.

If people aren't paying it, the price is too high.

HURRY UP, SELL UP ANNNNNNNNNND FUCK OFF!

Much like Brewster, we hardly ever see him but I'm already sick of the sight of him.

Because he won't lower his price. Balls to what Bettis said about him asking for the 'market value' for a club of our stature, the price is what people are willing to pay.

Much like Brewster, we hardly ever see him but I'm already sick of the sight of him.
…and then what do we end up with ?

There was probably a premium to be paid whilst buying us in the PL, which would be a pretty bad bit of business for any buyer considering how weak our squad looked. I'm hoping that there's a few potential buyers who are just waiting for us to go down so they can negotiate a lower purchase price, at least that would demonstrate some financial aptitude.

There was probably a premium to be paid whilst buying us in the PL, which would be a pretty bad bit of business for any buyer considering how weak our squad looked. I'm hoping that there's a few potential buyers who are just waiting for us to go down so they can negotiate a lower purchase price, at least that would demonstrate some financial aptitude.
I’m pretty sure we don’t need to be officially relegated before people realise we won’t be a PL club next season and value the club accordingly so that shouldn’t make a difference.

If you look at how much cash has been put into the club by our last 2 owners we’re hardly a great prospect. Its going to cost someone whatever they pay for the shares plus £10m’s each season to sustain us as a top end Championship club, then £100m+ to keep us in the PL.

They have the potential to recoup this if they sell us in the future. But it’s a gamble because we might be in league 1 by that point if they’re bad at the running of a club.

It’s just a case of waiting for that unicorn investor with too much money and very little sense. Rich people don’t tend to be rich by being stupid.

Yawn!

…and then what do we end up with ?
I’ve seen a few people say things like this and it’s is honestly the most tragic and tin pot attitude.

Fair enough if fans were squealing for Man City and Newcastle level investment.

But to be even remotely content with a shit owner holding your club back for years on end just because there’s a tiny sliver of owners who are even worse is pathetic.

‘Could be worse, could be bury’.
People honestly said this the week we lost 8-0 to Newcastle. Fuck me

Last edited:
Its a conundrum. To me we look like an attractive option. I get people say that perhaps Sheffield lacks certain things but the ground, infrastructure, academy etc all looks good. When you see teams like Ipswich getting investment and yet we are only attracting frauds its bizarre. You wonder how hard the Prince is really pushing this. Surely he has people out pushing for the club to be sold?

Hasn’t the Ipswich investment got something to do with Ed Sheeran?

Everyone knows why we cannot find a buyer, but if you post the reasons on here. You get hounded so it’s a little pointless.

My worry is that our financial situation behind the scenes is so shit that those in the know are aware of it, and potential buyers are happy to wait around a little bit until Princey either gets extremely desperate or has landed us in administration. Why pay more for something you can pick up cheaper a little further down the line?

We're a good prospect. We can fill our ground when the going is good, we own our stadium and we've had relatively recent success in the top flight. There has to be a reason we're not being picked up whilst the likes of Brum and West Brom are. The above is my (rather pessimistic) guess.

I’ve seen a few people say things like this and it’s is honestly the most tragic and tin pot attitude.

Fair enough if fans were squealing for Man City and Newcastle level investment.

But to be even remotely content with a shit owner holding your club back for years on end just because there’s a tiny sliver of owners who are even worse is pathetic.

‘Could be worse, could be bury’.
People honestly said this the week we lost 8-0 to Newcastle. Fuck me
It is a sensible comment on what was being said. The desire to replace quickly is the recipe for disaster.
I have no problem in having a new owner and accept that at some stage it will happen, but to suggest, as some have, that he needs to be removed immediately (and how could that happen?) is not the way forward.
I am reasonably content with the current situation in which we have had three promotions and three years in the PL. Yes there have been mistakes and several things could have been done better, but I don’t see how the Club has been “held back for years”
I would also suggest that most owners have failed to achieve what he has rather than “a tiny sliver”.

I'm sure if you had a car that was worth five grand you wanted rid of, and the best offer you had was three grand take it or leave it, you're taking it, right?

It is a sensible comment on what was being said. The desire to replace quickly is the recipe for disaster.
I have no problem in having a new owner and accept that at some stage it will happen, but to suggest, as some have, that he needs to be removed immediately (and how could that happen?) is not the way forward.
I am reasonably content with the current situation in which we have had three promotions and three years in the PL. Yes there have been mistakes and several things could have been done better, but I don’t see how the Club has been “held back for years”
I would also suggest that most owners have failed to achieve what he has rather than “a tiny sliver”.
I think the point is that he failed to plan and went AWOL for 18 months - when he should have been providing a sound planning infrastructure around Hecky , not run away , say we wouldnt be hearing from him and let us rot from the inside out . All is now becoming clearer and we will possibly bear the consequences of his apathy for years ?

I think the point is that he failed to plan and went AWOL for 18 months - when he should have been providing a sound planning infrastructure around Hecky , not run away , say we wouldnt be hearing from him and let us rot from the inside out . All is now becoming clearer and we will possibly bear the consequences of his apathy for years ?
Maybe. Much now depends on what he really wants to do and how good at doing that he is, whether finding a buyer or being actively involved in managing the structure of the Club.
I think by late July we will begin to get some idea of the answers.

I’m sure if there is going to be any serious interest in buying the club, any potential purchasers wouldn’t be making themselves known until relegation is officially confirmed.

All the same, I’m not going to hold my breath 😉

Prince probably asked too much and clearly tried to sell the football club without using professionals and tried to do it in house.

That didn't go well so we essentially had to restart the process of putting the club on the market after 3 years of absolute amateur hour stuff where even a quick Google showed the high profile bids to be nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom