A dose of realism.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So long as we don't call for cloughs head if we don't get top two then that's ok, I know it sounds a bit silly saying this tonight, but last week it was almost time to light the torches and march on nottingham...

Its a tall order, I dont think we'll do it, but why not go for it, and remember, always two things happen as the season closes..

1.. one of the front runners falls...

2.. a team comes from nowhare...

Hope its us....

18? Games left and we can really only lose 4ish games.
Stay unbeaten for the next six and we will still only be able to lose four but four from twelve will look a lot better than four from eighteen.

Believe.

Are we really ,,,,
win 2 in hand we are 6 points , 2 results off 2nd

been done before

Brilliant day out today .

All i can say 99% bipolar and glass half empty fans .i.e. shit when we lose , great when we win.

One thing is for certain , if we don't go up automatic , we will definitely go up in the play offs.

Either way , we will all be happy. Lets hope Gillingham was our Crewe,

UTB

Its simple really - all we can do is win as many as we can, score as many as we can, concede as few as we can and see where we end up.

Fantastic win for the red and white wizards :) - especially as I got dragged out to a Valentines day thing just after we went a goal down (2 hrs ahead of UK here) so I didn't find out the result until 3am this morning ( I was a bit worse for wear too - can't have been the home made fruit vodka though surely :rolleyes:) .

I'm hoping the signing of Done is the modern day equivalent to the signing of Len Allchurch in the 60's in turbocharging a promotion push. Let's hope so, especially against sides where they park the bus because we seem to struggle more against them than the sides that attempt to play.

Its simple really - all we can do is win as many as we can, score as many as we can, concede as few as we can and see where we end up.

Fantastic win for the red and white wizards :) - especially as I got dragged out to a Valentines day thing just after we went a goal down (2 hrs ahead of UK here) so I didn't find out the result until 3am this morning ( I was a bit worse for wear too - can't have been the home made fruit vodka though surely :rolleyes:) .

I'm hoping the signing of Done is the modern day equivalent to the signing of Len Allchurch in the 60's in turbocharging a promotion push. Let's hope so, especially against sides where they park the bus because we seem to struggle more against them than the sides that attempt to play.

Think we all hope Done's excellent start for the Blades continues in the same vein Cyprus. Not only will scoring 3 goals do his confidence no end of good, but Murphy will benefit by the fact that if he has an off day we wonder who will score? I was just as pleased that Clough managed to re-sign Murphy as anything else. He's been superb since Clough came here, so we now have far more variety upfront with that added ingredient that all teams crave, quality. Like many on here, COG will be the type of player we'd all love to see come to the Lane. We're now very close to having a squad that has quality in depth, two or three more signings will give us that edge that's been missing.

after five minutes reflection i decided i don't care if we don't get an auto spot..
we can win the playoffs with clough in charge.

It seems to me that most times we have been in the play offs we have been miserable not to promoted automatically, third rather than 6th, chased rather than chasing. Our fans are good at getting hyped up and pile on the pressure as soon as there is a sniff of success. I love it but how many times have we been disappointed?
Maybe this year the psychology is different and we could creep up on the blind side. Certainly the team have shown they are good enough when they want to be. But there will be downs as well as ups in the rest of the season. So my message is enjoy this win, stay cool, keep the faith, enjoy the chase... And just maybe

talking of negative Nigel ,, on watching our highlights was noticeable for each goal we had raided forward and had 5 in their box , should have been 8 I suppose, our equaliser 3 were in 6 yard box

Went to Seville v cordoba game yesterday and a lad I went with is an owl and even he said The Undateables score more than Wednesday
Very poor atmosphere afdter seville went 2-0 up each side had a player sent off but very little passion second half , missed being with our lads

I'm hoping the signing of Done is the modern day equivalent to the signing of Len Allchurch in the 60's in turbocharging a promotion push. .

My parents got married at Ecclesfield Church on the same day as Len Allchurch made his debut (and scored) in the 2-1 win at L**ds on 25th March 1961

Back
Top Bottom