A dose of realism.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

At this level teams do capitulate. Be less than shocked if it's us and Preston who take top 2. We have to just keep winning our games and that puts pressure on the rest. Win the next 4 or 5 back to back and suddenly you could be up there. Play offs is expected anything more a bonus but if you can't be positive today then go see a doctor.

They will put pressure on each other as well. City may be ok but the 3 below them will be looking at each other from here on in.

They will put pressure on each other as well. City may be ok but the 3 below them will be looking at each other from here on in.

The good thing for us is we don't have to play any of them again.

anyone else notice gillingham slapping 4 past MK DONS perhaps they arent as shit a side as some claimed when we lost there unbeaten in 7 5 wins
great results at oldham and chesterfield too Orient winning it with a goal after 101 minutes

Engagement bypasses pessimism...join in and enjoy the good days...we have enough bad un's as is!

If the PPG of Swindon and Mkdons stays the same we can afford to drop a maximum of 11 points.

They'll be a lot of upsets running up to the end of the season. Teams will be fighting for their lives and will take advantage of anyone who doesn't turn up with 100% commitment.

Even if we make up the points, we're not going to make up the goal difference. So that's another point we need to gain.

Saying that, it can be done. But it's all about confidence and putting a run together, and we haven't managed to put any kind of a run together so far this season.

Even if we make up the points, we're not going to make up the goal difference. So that's another point we need to gain.

Saying that, it can be done. But it's all about confidence and putting a run together, and we haven't managed to put any kind of a run together so far this season.

I factored the goal difference in when making my calculation :)

Scoreboard pressure as a certain Yorkshireman likes to say.

can't get the quote system yet, but metalblade talks about 'three teams must blow up' and while that is true, I think perhaps three teams maybe better than two. Two teams running away with it can almost relax, but now Swindon, Mk, Bristol, can you imagine bossing the league all season, and then finding yourself in the pkayoffs. None on these teams want to finish 3rd, they are putting pressure on each other, so, today was a huge blow to bristol,you never know!

We are too far behind the top 2.

Automatic promotion has been out of reach since October, and i think we are still too far behind the top 2 to get anywhere near them.

As nice as it has been to get a win today, don't be under any illusions that we are going to go up automatically on the strength of todays win.
16 games left but lets write it off.
Utter rubbish, never stop fighting until the fight is done.

Realistically we will not catch Bristol C even if we win our game in hand we are still 13 pts adrift of them. Swindon, MKD and Preston are all catchable but as yet it is out of our hands. It will be a tall order for all three of them to drop enough points to let us in even though some do still have to play each other. All we can do is beat whatever is put in front of us and see what happens. If we can get a run and momentum going then who knows, until it is in our hands I'm not getting giddy, even then I would still be wary knowing how the Blades like to kick you square in the bollocks when it comes to the crunch.

Reactions: Dkc
Old Negative Nigel must be concerned, not a word of praise from our more depressive contributors....wouldn't it be heartwarming if at least one of 'em could summon up a positive comment about today's result? Can't see it happening myself, after all, that would reveal a balanced approach.

Nothing wrong with hope and optimism, what's the point without it?

Personally, I still think it's a tall order. However, it has to be said after today's results it looks a lot more feasible. Let's put a run together and see where we are going into the run in. We've certainly got a deep enough squad to finish strong.

People printing league tables if we win the next 18 is a bit ridiculous though.

Yes we have a smidgen of a chance of nicking 2nd but it is extremely unlikely. That said in beating Preston, Swindon and Bristol City we have shown our capabilities and I hope this form continues so we at least secure a play off place.

Back
Top Bottom