A confession

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When I saw the thread title Confession I was expecting a thread by Stuart Hall

As far as punchlines go... it's a knockout!

I'm definitely not going unless I get offered a seat in a secret military aircraft that can get 7500km in two hours.

As far as punchlines go... it's a knockout!

I'm definitely not going unless I get offered a seat in a secret military aircraft that can get 7500km in two hours.

I have heard in certain circles that AlienBlade is probably the only person entity that might help in that regard

You 'aint seen me, roight?

;)

I relented at 7pm. I had intended to watch it at home on sky with the missus and Browninho as it would be easy to put him to bed when he started getting tired as he is still a month away from being. 4, and having whipped Browninho in a bit of football frenzy he decided he didn't want to watch it on telly but go to the match instead.

Spent the first half being defeated by his plastic trumpet and having 3 trips to the toilet and to fetch drinks, second half he sat down and enjoyed it, he shouted at the ref that he was silly and really enjoyed the whole experience and has told me he wants to go and watch United every week.

really enjoyed the whole experience and has told me he wants to go and watch United every week.

Nothing like a floodlit match down at the Lane to make him feel right at home.

After having the hump on, saying that United can sod off and that I'm not having anything to do with the play-offs... guess which idiot has got tickets for both legs?

I'm very sorry to all the people who I've let down. I know it's stupid. And if it's any consolation, I'm not looking forward to either game - I still think United are shit. I'm going along with the "may as well" sort of attitude.

I've done someone a favour and swapped to stay at work late tonight. Foxy hasn't got the channels properly mapped for Sky Sports on the big telly. It's easier just to go to the damned match than try and get home and watch it. And I'm on a promise of a curry afterwards.

As for Monday, Foxy's got a delivery run for work. If he goes but I don't, I face a Bank Holiday Monday of being on my own, doing housework. He's got space in the van... I may as well go with.

Has anyone else capitulated?
for the first time since 1988 when db took over, i wouldnt go to the bottom of my garden to watch the current team.

After having the hump on, saying that United can sod off and that I'm not having anything to do with the play-offs... guess which idiot has got tickets for both legs?

Your legs must have been over the moon - not. What did the rest of your body do, watch on TV...?

Has anyone else capitulated?

Nope. I'm sticking to my guns. Can't really afford wembley. Definately not going to away leg as I'm in Glasgow on Tuesday morning and I reyt couldn't be arsed with the home leg + I was on a training course in Manchester Thursday/Friday.

I'm not gonna plan my life around the blades anymore, got a family to think of.

P.S. when I say anymore, I mean until about August

I'll be in the air at kick off time tomorrow on my way to Jerusalem. When we land we'll be either at Wembley or mercifully licking our wounds without prolonging the agony. Not sure how I'm going to find out the result mind ?

Linz, do you think if you had had the resolve not to go to the games it might have been all so different, was it you lack of will power that ultimately jinxed us?

Back
Top Bottom