89/90 mins + added time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ChipButtyBlade

Reaction score
5 games this season (unless i counted wrong) where we have thrown points away from a winning/drawing position to lose/draw the games in the last minutes of five matches.

Huddersfield home lost 1-2 winning goal scored in the 90th min. +4
Preston home draw 2-2 drawing goal scored in the 90th min. +5
Millwall home lost 1-2 winning goal scored 90th min. +2
Preston away draw 2-2 drawing goal scored 89th min.
Forest home draw 1-1 drawing goal scored 90th min +5

8 points in total thrown away which would have us on 62 and in 2nd place now instead of 54 and 6th place.

To be fair i can only think of 2 games where we have won games from a drawing position Derby at home 89th min penalty Sharp,and Blackburn home 90th min +2 Davies.

So all in all taking away the gained from the lost 8 - 4 = 4 we should be on 58 points which would have us in 4th place.

5 agonys versus 2 jubilations. ☹️

If there is karma we still have 3 jubilations to come :)

Our game management has been poor at times this season, like last night, but also our fitness.

We're a team with aging players (Fleck, Bash, Sharp, Norwood, McGoldrick, Stevens) and also young players with dubious conditioning (Ndiaye, Moose, McBurnie, Brewster, Berge, MGW, Burke). We struggle from 65 onwards with fitness. Noticeably much more than the last few years. Some of that is down to squad depth and injuries but you can't keep playing a side where half are knackered 3/4 of the way through the game.

Our game management has been poor at times this season, like last night, but also our fitness.

We're a team with aging players (Fleck, Bash, Sharp, Norwood, McGoldrick, Stevens) and also young players with dubious conditioning (Ndiaye, Moose, McBurnie, Brewster, Berge, MGW, Burke). We struggle from 65 onwards with fitness. Noticeably much more than the last few years. Some of that is down to squad depth and injuries but you can't keep playing a side where half are knackered 3/4 of the way through the game.
There’s one way to conserve energy and that’s to keep the ball by making accurate passes.Works every time.

5 games this season (unless i counted wrong) where we have thrown points away from a winning/drawing position to lose/draw the games in the last minutes of five matches.

8 points in total thrown away which would have us on 62 and in 2nd place now instead of 54 and 6th place.

To be fair i can only think of 2 games where we have won games from a drawing position Derby at home 89th min penalty Sharp,and Blackburn home 90th min +2 Davies.

So all in all taking away the gained from the lost 8 - 4 = 4 we should be on 58 points which would have us in 4th place.

Our players don't get paid extra for working weekends, we can't expect them to carry on playing after 90 minuets if they are not on time & a half

We also don’t cope well with high balls into the box. Teams tend to resort to that in the last few minutes, and it works against us.

It’s fucking annoying to say the least isn’t it :mad:

It’s not about karma unfortunately, it’s about being skilled enough to see a game out.

I thought we looked good from 55 fo 80 mins.

With the experienced players we have in the squad, we should be more professional and see out games like the 5 you highlighted
UTB & FTP

On balance, Forest probably deserved something from the game as they offered more threat than we did over the course of the game.

The frustration is that while we didn't deserve the victory based on the performance, it doesn't excuse the fact that we switched off late in the game, thinking we'd got it in the bag when, yet again, the points get flushed down the toilet.

Well thats another one in the pot.

Reading home draw 1-2 winning goal scored 90th min +2

Five of those six games at home 🤬

Jubilations ……… have you been talking to Cliff Richard ??

Once is unfortunate , twice is unlucky , but 5 times & 8 points is unprofessional.. switching off thinking job done .. other than the the worldy Cooper scored for Millwall the others were just sloppy , slack or shit marking

If we had some proper leaders on the park, and whatever division we are in next season get shut of Berg and use the money to buy a leader straight down the spine of the team (centre-half, centre-mid and centre forward ie a modern day Morgan-Brown-Shipperley), then what happens today and this season doesn't happen.

We are as soft as shit in the air. It doesn't help that Hecky packed the side with small shit players today

Back
Top Bottom