7 figure bid

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"A good conversation" stinks of 'we are hoping that a player accepts us if they can't get better elsewhere'.

It doesn't bother me that we are skint, it's the naivety of Bettis trying to convince players who are out of our reach because they represent a bargain. His comment about "we can get a 70k a week player on a loan" is downright stupid - Newsflash SB - Nobody on £70k a week in the PL really wants to be at Bramall Lane.

If our Execs had any gumption they'd look at Huddersfield Town. They were in a similar position to us - relegation, had to clear the decks, free up some budget, signed a few players from leagues below, a couple of well scouted loans and if it wasn't for bad refereeing in the PO final it almost paid off for them. Last month they signed Will Boyle; a 25 year old, 6ft 5", set-piece scoring LCB from Cheltenham on a free transfer which ticks every box of what we are lacking.

In the meantime, we hold out for lost causes. Did our esteemed Execs learn nothing last summer?

Whilst ever this shitshow ownership is in situ the recruitment will continue to be haphazard and the Manager will be hamstrung.

Our only hope is that Hecky can make do and pull a promotion rabbit out of the hat.
Didn’t we recently do what you say Huddersfield are doing when we went from L1 to Premiership?

I was getting a bit excited and looking forward to the new season, then watched Heckys pre season talk and read the posts and I've gone all depressed 😟
Same here, you would think though we would be used to it by now.
The fact WBA are signing players and if the rumours are true about Burnley( A club some thought would be in financial meltdown if they got relegated from the Premiership) just makes you feel not optimistic about the coming season.

Thats a concern, I don't see any players in our youth teams I wouldn't rather be on loan in L1/L2 than be with the first team. Its never good to rely on a player who is not ready, I feel like we did that in L1 with Reed/Kennedy/Long and didn't get great results.
I like the looks of Ali pats but as you say, rather than just waiting in the wings, he’d be best suited getting a full 46 game season as first pick in League One.

It does seem Arblaster and Peck could skip that stage.

Fine balance between having a pathway and asking too much of young lads. But as Ball_Sup (Phil) often alludes to, every player we bring in is a block for one of our own young guys getting in there.

I like the looks of Ali pats but as you say, rather than just waiting in the wings, he’d be best suited getting a full 46 game season as first pick in League One.

It does seem Arblaster and Peck could skip that stage.

Fine balance between having a pathway and asking too much of young lads. But as Ball_Sup (Phil) often alludes to, every player we bring in is a block for one of our own young guys getting in there.
Ali pats?

Pin on Historical Figures

This feels like one pause and deep breath away from “we go with what we’ve got”. Didn’t seem his sen in that interview

He may have just been told the McBurnie and Brewster news going into the presser. He seem very pissed off and rightly so about that.

It'll be a £1 million bid for someone who's club value him at £9.9 million

It's typical United though, a seven figure bid, nobody knows how much exactly, for a player, nobody knows who, who might be in the UK or abroad, in which position he plays, nobody knows.

It's total bollocks, and all designed to make it look like they are actually doing something

It's typical United though, a seven figure bid, nobody knows how much exactly, for a player, nobody knows who, who might be in the UK or abroad, in which position he plays, nobody knows.

It's total bollocks, and all designed to make it look like they are actually doing something

The Leroy Lita gambit, to give it it's official title.

Feels Hamilton Ricard-esque...but without the name

This statement about a seven figure bid doesnt quite marry with PH going on about frees and loans. It could be smoke and mirrors....but....

This statement about a seven figure bid doesnt quite marry with PH going on about frees and loans. It could be smoke and mirrors....but....
It sounds like it,but the way the interview was reported,Hecky spoke about each avenue of target separately,so the money bid is alongside the frees and loans.
When we bid for Coady that time,I believe the money we bid was never spent on another target,so this time it will be interesting to see If the money available for this target will transfer to another target if the first one doesn't happen,that way it would be believable that we are willing to spend money and its not an attempt to dupe us.

Britain's got talents Stavros Flatley on a season long deal for half time shows

Back
Top Bottom