5th on Christmas day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I cant be bothered to create a whole new thread about it, but curious to know if anyone would change this team for the current 11. I'm a little bit torn, obviously there's players within that 11 that are clearly world class however we have an efficient well oiled machine with our current 11.

Maguire for example, he's world class, but I love O'Connell/ Egan and I wouldn't change them (Maguire tends to play on the left or central in a back three)

World class is a bit strong for me, he's got the price tag but he's half the player actually world class VVD is. Good, but not world class.

Certainly wouldn't swap him for any of our current defence.

Said it before and I will say it again. I go back to the early 70's and Woody and TC (I was only in short trousers though!), but this is my all time favourite Blades team, Manager, Assistant, etc.

The fact that these lads (some of them) have been on the ride all the way from League One is just the icing on the cake.

As has been said, no big heads, no Prima Donna's, just a bunch of honest, hard working lads, with a lot more skill than people seem to give them credit for.

Up the Blades!

World class is a bit strong for me, he's got the price tag but he's half the player actually world class VVD is. Good, but not world class.

Certainly wouldn't swap him for any of our current defence.

I'm not sure Maguire would get in out team, don't see him having the stamina or fitness to get up and down the wings.

I cant be bothered to create a whole new thread about it, but curious to know if anyone would change this team for the current 11. I'm a little bit torn, obviously there's players within that 11 that are clearly world class however we have an efficient well oiled machine with our current 11.

Maguire for example, he's world class, but I love O'Connell/ Egan and I wouldn't change them (Maguire tends to play on the left or central in a back three)
I stopped reading when I saw Che Adams mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom