5th November - Relegated Clubs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The last team to have 16 or more points after 11 games and go on to be relegated were Norwich in 1994/95 who had 19 points after 11 games. The caveat being that 4 went down that year as the league went from 22 to 20 teams, so since the Prem went to 20 teams no-one has gone down having had our current number of points after 11 games.

One further point of note..

54% of the clubs on 5pts or less (Watford now) at this stage of the season, went on to survive.

Do fancy watford to stay up once they get a win could see them going on a run

It's one of four: Newcastle, Watford, Southampton, Norwich.

We are in no danger whatsoever while we keep doing what we're doing. We are a well oiled machine, more than the sum of our parts.

Latest "super computer" prediction has us finishing 11th with Norwich, Southampton, Watford going down.

Super computer in hyphens as not sure how super these computers are.. but anyways..

Ok, I'll do one tomorrow and see how many teams 8 PTS clear of relegation went on to get relegated. The answer is zero BTW.

Blackpool in 9th and Burnley on 15pts were only 4 & 5 PTS above the drop respectively in their given seasons.

The Blackpool season is most similar to this season. 8pts clear puts you in 5th

View attachment 63956
I.m just playing devils advocate here. Didn't Palace get a new manager in the same year you showed them bottom, and then avoid relegation?
Too many variables for my liking and we all know what they say about statistics.
If some are comforted by this, that's fine. Just know that my gut feeling is that we will be top ten at the end of this season.
I also thought England would hammer South Africa. :)

Ok, I'll do one tomorrow and see how many teams 8 PTS clear of relegation went on to get relegated. The answer is zero BTW.

Blackpool in 9th and Burnley on 15pts were only 4 & 5 PTS above the drop respectively in their given seasons.

The Blackpool season is most similar to this season. 8pts clear puts you in 5th

View attachment 63956

What website is this?

Latest "super computer" prediction has us finishing 11th with Norwich, Southampton, Watford going down.

Super computer in hyphens as not sure how super these computers are.. but anyways..
Hope it's one out as I've got a bet on us finishing top 10 this season.

Re relegation I think it may take more points to stay up this year than normal. The league has compressed below the top 4 and I can see it being really tight with the bottom 6 or 8 finishing quite close points wise

My view is, our biggest threat of relegation this season is if the likes of Everton come in for Wilder.

Wilder to Everton? I could be wrong, but my view is that, whoever comes in for him, CW would only leave us if he felt that he wasn't doing the business here, or he wasn't being allowed, and backed, to do the business here. There's certainly no evidence of either of those situations at the moment.

If we win 1 game out of the next 8 and lose the other 7 we will have 19 points which would still have you 15th-to-17th over the last few seasons.

And that's after 19 games played!!!

Back
Top Bottom