4th Round Draw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was this the interesting "fact" when the draw was made? I noticed this when the 3rd round draw was made. The same lass felt it necessary to comment about each team that was drawn out, all 64 of them which seemed to last hours. Just draw the fuckin balls out please and stop the inane rambling.
Been the same every draw for decades.

Hopefully our game will be on the Saturday. It’d make more sense the pigs being on Sunday given it’s not as far for the Coventry fans to travel and they don’t have a game the following midweek - but, since when did the authorities care about the fans?
It’ll be moved to Friday night without a single thought for the Brighton fans. Wouldn’t mind it personally as we’d get an extra day to prepare for palace.

Was this the interesting "fact" when the draw was made? I noticed this when the 3rd round draw was made. The same lass felt it necessary to comment about each team that was drawn out, all 64 of them which seemed to last hours. Just draw the fuckin balls out please and stop the inane rambling.
No, I remembered it
Wilder skated through the home game, man of the match on an icy pitch, then we won the replay at one of my favourites the Goldstone ground.
Don't want a replay this time though 😣

tough draw and brighton will be favourites to go through but cant ask any more than getting a home draw just go for it just hope prices are kept low to get a decent crowd at the lane think brighton could easily bring 5k we need at least 20k of our fans in the ground
If it's on TV we'll need to slash prices to get 20k Blades there

If it's on TV we'll need to slash prices to get 20k Blades there
It won't be on TV. They'll take the Spurs and Chelsea games, Man U down at Dave Parade or Eastleigh, probably Maidstone at Ipswich then a possible Black Country derby

Same MOTD, get rid of the dead wood ex-players, show more of the football, cus that's what it's all abart and use voice over to inform and keep the programme moving.

It won't be on TV. They'll take the Spurs and Chelsea games, Man U down at Dave Parade or Eastleigh, probably Maidstone at Ipswich then a possible Black Country derby
no i dont think it will so more than likely 3pm saturday kick off so no reason at least 20k blades should be there suppose it depends on how many season ticket holders will pay on the day 🤔

why do i get the feeling brighton has hallmarks of ITV at saturday lunchtime all over this. as im guessing with ITV with 1st choice
ITV take spurs v Man city
BBC take Newport/Eastleigh v Man utd
ITV take chelsea v Aston Villa
BBC take Blackburn V Wrexham (because the media love them)
& the its slim picking & id guess ITV take Us v Brighton or fulham v Newcastle

Not the worst draw.

It’s at home.

Probably not on tv but then again Palace v Burnley was so anything is possible when the terrestrial companies are so starved of access to live PL games and the fact a few companies have access to games (can’t recall arrangement for FA Cup).

We haven’t played them ‘loads’ and they are quite an interesting team.

Certainly in the league at home it is a game you’d see as one you need to take points from so in the cup, why not?

We should have done an FA Cup style draw over the tannoy at MSC.
“And now the draw for the parts in this year’s Christmas Pantomime.
Picking the manager’s names is the odd one who works at Saville House, Pete M*****.
Picking the pantomime role will be everyone’s favourite sperm donor, Lee F****.
Here we go…..

PM : rummage, rummage - John Heaney!
Me : (whispering) fat Manc who played a nun in last year’s The Sound of Music
LF : rummage, rummage - Widow Twanky
Me : John Heaney will play Widow Twanky! What a start! Tickets’ll be like hotcakes.

Etc…

We should have done an FA Cup style draw over the tannoy at MSC.
“And now the draw for the parts in this year’s Christmas Pantomime.
Picking the manager’s names is the odd one who works at Saville House, Pete M*****.
Picking the pantomime role will be everyone’s favourite sperm donor, Lee F****.
Here we go…..

PM : rummage, rummage - John Heaney!
Me : (whispering) fat Manc who played a nun in last year’s The Sound of Music
LF : rummage, rummage - Widow Twanky
Me : John Heaney will play Widow Twanky! What a start! Tickets’ll be like hotcakes.

Etc…

Twice a year we have Wellbeing Days, with part of the build up being the vote for staff awards. Without wanting to be big-headed (there’s no “wanting” about it - I milk it for all it’s worth every six months), I clean up on the Uplifting Team Spirit each time.

Our Service Manager says the same thing, without fail: “And the winner is, of course, our very own Adrian…” Yes, I’m Mind Matters’ very own, same as all the other winners.

She then goes on to say, “In case you don’t know about Adrian…” Oooh, this should be good - maybe she’ll mention me being a published author, or perhaps my radio show? Nope: “… throughout Lockdown, Adrian was our constant, coming into the office every day to keep the place running during COVID,” at which point I interject with, “And I only caught it once.” Every time.

In the pub afterwards, invariably someone will ask me, “Why does Gisela ALWAYS mention that you came into the office throughout Lockdown? We all fucking know, because you never shut up about it.”

Anyway, Brighton at the Lane; coulda been worse.

Not a bad draw. Winnable, but not embarrassing if we go out. Do they still have replays in the 4th Round?

Not a bad draw. Winnable, but not embarrassing if we go out. Do they still have replays in the 4th Round?
Yes, no replays in 5th around and beyond, though apparently there is a lot of talk they will go entirely from next season due to all the new tournement formats Fifa and Uefa are cooking up.

Also

Stop showing the teams and their numbers whilst the draw is happening . Takes away part of the suspense and excitement (I don’t get out much)

Twice a year we have Wellbeing Days, with part of the build up being the vote for staff awards. Without wanting to be big-headed (there’s no “wanting” about it - I milk it for all it’s worth every six months), I clean up on the Uplifting Team Spirit each time.

Our Service Manager says the same thing, without fail: “And the winner is, of course, our very own Adrian…” Yes, I’m Mind Matters’ very own, same as all the other winners.

She then goes on to say, “In case you don’t know about Adrian…” Oooh, this should be good - maybe she’ll mention me being a published author, or perhaps my radio show? Nope: “… throughout Lockdown, Adrian was our constant, coming into the office every day to keep the place running during COVID,” at which point I interject with, “And I only caught it once.” Every time.

In the pub afterwards, invariably someone will ask me, “Why does Gisela ALWAYS mention that you came into the office throughout Lockdown? We all fucking know, because you never shut up about it.”

Anyway, Brighton at the Lane; coulda been worse.
You should add “The Covid Constant” to your profile on here somewhere.
Better still, everyone should add it (in brackets) when they mention your name anywhere.

As for Brighton (runners up in their memorable 1983 cup campaign) at home, it’s OK but not one that gets your pulse racing.

Back
Top Bottom