'Memries' 30 years ago today Bobby Davison became a legend

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just seen I'm two days out and there is already a post about this. I'll go back to sleep!

Oh fck where did all those years go, id gave guessed at about 15 years ago, no wonder im an old fart, i didnt go but lad went on there kop and kept quiet, davison became a real hero

Some on here would've been sad that day. I was 6 months in my mothers belly cheering the goals.

Having watched that for the umpteenth time, I’ve only just noticed that absolutely no-one goes to Dane to celebrate the first goal!!

That pig putting his head on his mate's shoulder in dispair on their kop when the 3rd goes in makes me chuckle every time

Haha, I'd never spotted that before!

I also like them leaping about like pillocks at 1-2.

I wore my; old VHS tape out watching this, but always remember the guy who looked like Rab C Nesbitt in with the celebrating Blades fans. What is with the editing of this video? Charlton is scythed down near the corner flag, cuts to a free kick on the edge of the box - in the other half.

Haha, I'd never spotted that before!

I also like them leaping about like pillocks at 1-2.
I didn’t go to this game, and I was trying to avoid the result so I could watch the highlights on ITV later. I was a bag of nerves, so at one point I decided to walk to the shop. At the time I lived at Wincobank, and as I was in my way back I heard a huge cheer all the way from Hillsborough. I was convinced this meant they were hammering us (rather than possibly getting a foothold in the game). I went home, got in a row with the wife (because I was being mardy) but still waited for the highlights show. I sat there still thinking they were going to lose, even at 3-1! Couldn’t believe it when we actually won.

I got absolutely shitfaced in the Queens Ground before the match, and got in to Leppings Lane upper tier just in time for Whitehouse to tuck in the 1st goal. Celebrated a bit more in the Queens Ground again after the match. Was that pissed that I fell down the stairs on the bus going home and fucked my elbow. Worth it though....

The first Blades game I tried and failed to get a ticket for.

Since then there has only been one other - 2nd leg of league cup semi in 2003.

I sat in the North Stand that evening with a few mates. Our presence was not welcome! "Joyous" doesn't cover it! :D

Back
Top Bottom