3-5-2 / 3-4-1-2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladesman2019

Reaction score
After gathering my thoughts on last night's match which was obviously very disappointing, it seems slav has decided to implement his new system and ideas tearing all up that has made us successful in recent times. We totally lacked any Identity and it looked like 11 strangers on the pitch playing together.

I my view this is a major risk and unnecessary as the sqaud is built for a 3 at the back system with wing backs. Recruitment and academy has been based on 352/3412 and it seems a strange strategy to abandon that at this stage when it would take a major overhaul of the sqaud.

Let's go back to what we know and with a few extra bodies (LCb, Cm, CAM) and I am still confident we can finish in the top 2 positions.

Either that or we let him actually sign someone that fits his vision of how he wants to play…

but I think you’re right, play the way we know until he’s had a chance to make an imprint on the side. 1 half decent friendly was never going to cut it

I thought that 3-4-1-2 was the obvious way to go with this squad, and that if we we're going to a 4-3-3 (or whatever yesterday was supposed to be), we'd need a major overhaul. Our lack of transfer business and the comments from Bettis and SJ during the summer suggested we were staying with a back 3, but now it seems that's not going to be the case.

We either have to play a system that fits the players we have, or bring in players who fit the system we want to play. I don't think we can be playing with Jack Robinson as a CB in a four, having Brewster play as a winger or McGoldrick and Fleck as nominal wide men in a midfield 4.

Irrespective of the formation, basic 1 touch control and the lack of awareness of the press surrounding the player with the ball is still the failure of this team. Slav has to set the team up to minmise that limitation..

Don’t believe it’s a major overhaul needed to play Slav’s way at all. We needed a centre back and midfield quality regardless.
The possession based approach is totally different to draw them out and hit them with pace.

If we wanted to continue in the same manner with 0 flair players on the pitch, trying to overload the wide areas as our only attacking option we should’ve stuck with Heckingbottom.

We all wanted Jokanovic because of the way his previous championship teams have played and got promoted, how about giving him the time to actually try and implement it.

Can put last season down to an anomaly looking at the circumstances.

Besides that, in the last 6 games we won 3 against decent opposition.

We can still implement slavisa's style with a formation that suits the players we already have.

I hope he realises this quickly!

Evolution not revolution.

I thought that 3-4-1-2 was the obvious way to go with this squad, and that if we we're going to a 4-3-3 (or whatever yesterday was supposed to be), we'd need a major overhaul. Our lack of transfer business and the comments from Bettis and SJ during the summer suggested we were staying with a back 3, but now it seems that's not going to be the case.

We either have to play a system that fits the players we have, or bring in players who fit the system we want to play. I don't think we can be playing with Jack Robinson as a CB in a four, having Brewster play as a winger or McGoldrick and Fleck as nominal wide men in a midfield 4.
couldnt agree more i was an advocate for a back 4 but 2 things we learned from last night is that both robinson and osborn are liabilities in this system but both ok in a back 5 square pegs in round holes last night im afraid and apart from berge a non exsistent midfield

We’ve got RND & Enda to come in at left back, and hopefully sign a dominant centre half.

Give Jokanovic time, he know how he wants to play and it doesn’t involve mimicking the past 5 years just because we have some players that need replacing anyway that are more suited to a back 5.

After gathering my thoughts on last night's match which was obviously very disappointing, it seems slav has decided to implement his new system and ideas tearing all up that has made us successful in recent times. We totally lacked any Identity and it looked like 11 strangers on the pitch playing together.

I my view this is a major risk and unnecessary as the sqaud is built for a 3 at the back system with wing backs. Recruitment and academy has been based on 352/3412 and it seems a strange strategy to abandon that at this stage when it would take a major overhaul of the sqaud.

Let's go back to what we know and with a few extra bodies (LCb, Cm, CAM) and I am still confident we can finish in the top 2 positions.
Are not highly paid professionals capable of changing the way they play ?
They are not being asked to kick with their wrong foot ( although it would be good if they could!) but to play in a different style.
Such a change would not involve all 11 having a different role, just a few. If they cannot manage it( and many did when Wilder first came and changed things) then they need replacing.

Back
Top Bottom