24/25 1st Game Line Up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

‐‐------------------------ Grbic -----------------------------
????? Trusty Robinson Norrington-Davies
------------------------ De Souza -------------------------
Bogle --------------- Hamer ---------------- Brooks
-------------------- Osula -- ????? ------‐----------------

It's not a bad start.
Curtis and Brewster will fit..... or Òne/Hackford

I'm seeing something like Grbic - Bogle, Curtis, Egan, Trusty, RND - Souza, Hamer - Brooks, McBurnie, Osula. Woking on the assumption that Anel is sold, Baldock may also move on, also trim some of the deadwood (Norwood, Lowe, Basham etc, also assuming Wes and Adam Davies move on) by not offering extensions willy nilly. Options would look something like Amissah/new keeper - Seriki, new CB, Robinson, Boyes - Davies, Arblaster, Slimane - Traore (if Nantes don't buy, slot in Hackford/One otherwise), Brewster, Jebbison.

Honestly do believe we will have a lot of solid depth and a much stronger starting lineup than a lot think. Certainly would not need quite the level of rebuild as many anticipate - we could still definitely use a centre back and probably a keeper, but those positions ought not to cost the earth and ought to be competently filled through the proceeds of those who I've pencilled in to move on. Also bear in mind how much stronger the overall squad looks if we are able to use the loan market sensibly and pick up someone who can slot into the first team in the upper half of the field.

Lineup would definitely be young, but the starting XI looks solidly experienced, the rotation/sub options are either getting minutes already or are performing at a level which is not far off Championship level already, and as we're not asking them to play the full 90, any deficiencies remaining can be somewhat masked
Amissah also out of contract.

As far as I could see just one mention of BBD. Whether we retain his services seems a mystery, but since joining he's been an uplift in what we have, so surely a player to offer terms to?

As far as I could see just one mention of BBD. Whether we retain his services seems a mystery, but since joining he's been an uplift in what we have, so surely a player to offer terms to?
We need to use some of the chute money to secure him to a 4year deal, hes different gravy, the closest replacement to Ndiaye we have.

I think it's a function of:

a) if Villarreal wanted to say it's not worked, they would have worded the deal as loan with option to buy
b) we wouldn't spunk the munneh on what BBD would cost regardless of how the current deal has been worded

He's looked solid but I don't see how any sort of permanent deal is viable - it could be the case that if Villarreal still don't think he has value they might be open to a season long loan, which I'd be perfectly fine with, but at this stage that's very much an if

Grbic
Siriki Trusty Robbo Buyabu
Peck Arblaster Brooks
Osula Jebbo Hackford

Long season ahead 😉

But we're selling Arblaster, Brooks, Osula, Jebbo and Hackford, some big clubs like Preston, Bristol City, Cardiff and Birmingham are going to be in for them, and you know you can't stand in the way of these young players if they get an opportunity like that

Back
Top Bottom