2021 Championship and League One Play-Offs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LardSardine

Greasy Herring
Reaction score
With the Championship and League One play-off teams now decided, who would we prefer to be playing next year?
Reminder of the line ups:

Championship
  1. Brentford
  2. Swansea
  3. Barnsley
  4. Bournemouth
Brentford have been pushing promotion for a few seasons now so if they fail will probably be strong again, but that being said we do have a good record against them recently.
Swansea I think are the weakest of the quartet but contrary to Brentford, they did the double over us in the promotion season.
Barnsley - Is the local 'rivalry' likely to be a leveller?
Bournemouth have parachute payments so I can see them challenging, but once again, we have a good record against them.
Given the choice I'd probably say Bournemouth to get promoted.

League One
  1. Blackpool
  2. Sunderland
  3. Lincoln
  4. Oxford Utd
You'd have to expect Sunderland to have a reasonable budget it if they got promotion and to also challenge again next season if they failed in the play-offs, and the more stronger teams in League One next season for Wednesday to play against, the better! The others would have relatively small budgets for Championship level. I think I'd probably take Blackpool but you never know how a promoted team will fair in the league above regardless of budget.

Assuming away crowds are back, other people may have preferences based on trips to away grounds. Probably quite a while since anyone went to Sincil Bank for example and a few others probably never! And of course, Blackpool will always be a favourite away day for many.

Bournemouth - one less parachute payment team.
Lincoln City - well see my name for my reason. That and I can pretty much guarantee to get a ticket albeit in the home end

You'll probably get one in the away end once all the plastics have fucked off 😜

I'd like to see Brentford or Swansea go up.

Brentford sweep up a lot of good young talent. I'd rather they were shopping in a different isle to us next season.
Swansea because they might buy McBurnie or Brewster from us (or preferably both)
Barnsley seem to have a really good season but then lose all their best players
Bournemouth have better players but I also think they're really inconsistent and will lose players next season.

I'd quite like Oxford to come back up. They'll struggle next season whereas Lincoln and Blackpool will have more momentum and Sunderland have the money to do well, if used well.

With the Championship and League One play-off teams now decided, who would we prefer to be playing next year?
Reminder of the line ups:

Championship
  1. Brentford
  2. Swansea
  3. Barnsley
  4. Bournemouth
Brentford have been pushing promotion for a few seasons now so if they fail will probably be strong again, but that being said we do have a good record against them recently.
Swansea I think are the weakest of the quartet but contrary to Brentford, they did the double over us in the promotion season.
Barnsley - Is the local 'rivalry' likely to be a leveller?
Bournemouth have parachute payments so I can see them challenging, but once again, we have a good record against them.
Given the choice I'd probably say Bournemouth to get promoted.

League One
  1. Blackpool
  2. Sunderland
  3. Lincoln
  4. Oxford Utd
You'd have to expect Sunderland to have a reasonable budget it if they got promotion and to also challenge again next season if they failed in the play-offs, and the more stronger teams in League One next season for Wednesday to play against, the better! The others would have relatively small budgets for Championship level. I think I'd probably take Blackpool but you never know how a promoted team will fair in the league above regardless of budget.

Assuming away crowds are back, other people may have preferences based on trips to away grounds. Probably quite a while since anyone went to Sincil Bank for example and a few others probably never! And of course, Blackpool will always be a favourite away day for many.
The good news is we avoided the next 4 below Oxford so removing long journeys.
For that reason I would prefer Bournemouth to go up and Lincoln to come up.

Swansea or Bournemouth to go up. Barnsley is nearby with a big away allocation and is a hilarious day out. I can't fucking stand Brentford and their big-headed fans.

I'm not too fussed about who comes up from League One but it'd be funny for Sunderland to stay down a while longer. I lost out on about £100 on an acca a few weeks back because they failed to beat Accrington Stanley at home, so they fuck off. Blackpool away would be good if the fixture list treated us kindly but I imagine visiting on a cold rainy day would be thoroughly depressing.

If Sunderland don't go up this season I reckon that's where CW will end up next season. They'll then piss the division which will go down a storm with that lot over at Il Stadio di Rustio.

Bournemouth and Blackpool if we get the away games in warmer weather.

If not, Lincoln and Swansea because they'd be my only 2 grounds next year. (Or Brentford's new one on a technicality I suppose.)

For me would like to see Barnsley go up so they've had one more season in the prem this century than Wednesday .be back in 12 months anyway
and Blackpool in September away now we can go back to matches next season
Always a lively trip away

Sunderland 4 the bantz if they did shit, my uncle and aunt are mackems

Bournemouth up
Sunderland up

Barnsley, Huddersfield and Hull as "local" derbies....

Swansea and Lincoln both up would be my preference.

Back
Top Bottom