20 Games to go

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Millhousesblade1889

Reaction score
We’re probably not going to stay up, but anything is possible in this Wilder whirlwind. We didn’t think promotion would be possible with a league one team.

Regardless of that, let’s go down fighting. Play like we did in that first half today in the remaining games and where ever we end up we will have confidence and self-belief going into next season.

Tonight was much more like the 18/19 & 19/20 style of play. We were fearless and fantastic to watch.

Anyway I’m off to change my underwear after that Bogle back pass. COYRAWW

We’re probably not going to stay up, but anything is possible in this Wilder whirlwind. We didn’t think promotion would be possible with a league one team.

Regardless of that, let’s go down fighting. Play like we did in that first half today in the remaining games and where ever we end up we will have confidence and self-belief going into next season.

Tonight was much more like the 18/19 & 19/20 style of play. We were fearless and fantastic to watch.

Going down fighting is the key. So much more pride in our performance today.

It's a real shame that we have Spurs, Manure and City up next, because February's fixtures provide a real opportunity to kick on and get a few more wins.

That being said, I wouldn't rule out a shock or two now.

Yeah what a relief! At least we aren't going to go down winless and it has come a lot sooner than I thought it would (if we were ever to do so).

Although we will still retain the record of worst start to a top flight season we really now need to start hunting down for another seven points to avoid becoming the worst or joint worst PL team in history.

Need a miracle still but that first half was so reminiscent of last season. Second half of the season I think we could get 25-30 points playing like that. Won’t be enough though

Man United are shit without Fernandes, hopefully they drop him against us

Blades 3 - 1 Spurs, cat sat smack bang in the middle of loads of pigeons

Too late sadly but that was more like what we know tonight. Really played well tonight bar the wobble at the end.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Newcastle are shite without that Maxim lad. I want to be positive then I look at our next 5 fixtures...
I agree, however look how positive we all felt after losing vs Liverpool this season and City away last season. If we can turn up against the big boys and put up a decent performance most Blades will accept that. We’ve nothing to lose let’s give it a go in what’s left.

Need a miracle still but that first half was so reminiscent of last season. Second half of the season I think we could get 25-30 points playing like that. Won’t be enough though

Whilst I will keep believing in survival until relegation is mathematically certain, part of me would take that now, because it would make me very confident that we would hit the ground running in the championship next season.

And JOC coming soon to a football stadium near you...we couldn’t could we (relentless slapping of face)

I hope the wilder whirlwind is in a different theme park to the bladeacoaster

If we beat Burnley or Brighton at home

We only have to get 6 more points than either of those over half a season

I’m pretty sure we did that in the both halves of last season , unlikely but its not impossible

If we beat Burnley or Brighton at home

We only have to get 6 more points than either of those over half a season

I’m pretty sure we did that in the both halves of last season , unlikely but its not impossible
Agree it’s not impossible just unlikely but we need to build momentum now. Osborn and Bogle are looking miles better pairing at wingback and that back 3 just needs to get used to playing together until o’connel returns.

There’s belief back in the boys and that counts for everything. The performance against Bristol was needed for them to see they’re not actually shit footballers.

Bogle for me needs to start every game now too, he’s not afraid of getting into space and having a pop, which takes the pressure off the left and thereby increases Osborns confidence, so he plays better too.

Brewster for me too, he looks desperate to get a goal and I honestly believe after one he’ll start firing. Same with Burke, he looked more confident last night after scoring in the cup.

Maybe start Brewster next round to see if he can bag one?

25-30 on top of the 5 we have?

I think that could do us. Gonna be a low tally this season I think. Maybe 32 points for safety

Hard to tell how many points will be needed but 30 points from 20 games minimum. There are ten 'winnable' games yet to play, but we aren't going to win them all. We need to be nicking points off the top teams as well.

Plymouth cup game will be interesting. Do we rest players ahead of Man U? I hope we do.

Plymouth cup game will be interesting. Do we rest players ahead of Man U? I hope we do.

No. Let's not get carried away, we're not staying up.

This is our best chance in God knows how many years to at least have a go at winning a major trophy - and even that's not likely.

But with improved form at least there's some chance. It's the league which is largely immaterial now (at least after 12 points have been reached)

Let’s not kid ourselves, Newcastle are shite without that Maxim lad. I want to be positive then I look at our next 5 fixtures...

Plus it was against 10 men and the goal was a penalty. Still the same issues of a lack of quality in the final third.

It was a good performance to hopefully build on, but I’m not convinced we’ll get above Derby’s points total just yet.

9 points off safety with 20 games and 60 points to play for. It's not likely but I'm not giving up. Certainly wouldn't prioritize the FA Cup ahead of the league unless we are already relegated

I'm all for optimism but that sounds too Wednesdayesque for my liking.

"9 points off safety" sounds like a dodgy car salesman telling you the car finance will only cost you £12 a day.

The reality is that we need 30 more points (absolute minimum, it could be more) from 20 games. That means that, having so far managed 9 goals in 18 games we have to have a better second half to the season than Leeds have had in the first half.

I'd sooner win the F.A. Cup and be relegated in any case. Seeing as we're currently 1/16 to be relegated I don't think there's much to be gained throwing the Cup away.

Back
Top Bottom