2 Yellows in FA Cup

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

2ContinentBlade

Reaction score
My understanding is that if you get 2 yellows in the FA Cup you face a one match ban.

This is why Egan couldn’t play v Spurs and Bogle in the replay v Wrexham.

Got me thinking who we have on 1 Yellow in the FA Cup and, if they got a 2nd in the Semi, would miss out on the Final (should we get there 😁)

I make it:

Baldock
Lowe
Robinson
Berge
Coulibaly.

Think first 3 of those could easily pick up a card, Berge very unlikely and the last one unlikely to feature (other than perhaps as a Sub)

I realise that if we actually win the Semi Final this would be the least of our
problems 😁

But would be a tough one to take for the players concerned

The S*n but...
  • Cards will be wiped at the quarter-finals
  • No player can miss the final through yellow cards

The S*n but...
That would be excellent news.

Now we would just need to avoid someone getting a straight Red in the Semi …

Can you tell I have been following SUFC for 61 years ….

Let's be honest, if someone gets a red in the semi, none of 'em will be playing in the final. It'll be hard enough with 11 on the pitch.

Let's be honest, if someone gets a red in the semi, none of 'em will be playing in the final. It'll be hard enough with 11 on the pitch.
A very good point - although I was thinking a 94th minute red for handball to save a certain goal when we were 1-0 up,with the resulting penalty being saved by Wes…

If you PM me I’ll let you know where I buy my drugs 😁

The S*n but...
Been watching the full ITV coverage of the match back having been at the Lane yesterday after which I posted my original comment.

Commentators were adamant that 2 yellow = 1 match ban in FA Cup - said that is what Carter of Blackburn would miss Semi.

Having studied the Sun article in more detail it seems to come from 2019.

I wonder if the rules have changed (again) since then?

Anyone able to shed any light ?

Been watching the full ITV coverage of the match back having been at the Lane yesterday after which I posted my original comment.

Commentators were adamant that 2 yellow = 1 match ban in FA Cup - said that is what Carter of Blackburn would miss Semi.

Having studied the Sun article in more detail it seems to come from 2019.

I wonder if the rules have changed (again) since then?

Anyone able to shed any light ?
I’ve watched football for years now and I’m now unsure what offside and handball is so I haven’t got a scooby doo on this one, sorry mate.

Pick up two separate yellows, you miss the next round.
Get two yellows in a game or a straight red then you miss the next 3 games so theoretically you could still play in the next round.
Was pointed out yesterday during the match.

If getting banned for the final is a problem, I will happily accept that problem for the fact we beat city with less than 10 men

I’d have to find a hotel because I’d be unable to drive home because of 🥹😭

Pick up two separate yellows, you miss the next round.
Get two yellows in a game or a straight red then you miss the next 3 games so theoretically you could still play in the next round.
Was pointed out yesterday during the match.
Yes that was my understanding and what prompted my original question (as I was at the match itself I wasn’t able to hear the explanation during the commentary).

If getting banned for the final is a problem, I will happily accept that problem for the fact we beat city with less than 10 men

I’d have to find a hotel because I’d be unable to drive home because of 🥹😭
I would also be delighted if we made the final in those circumstances (whilst really feeling sorry for the player (s) concerned.

The oddity that you could get two Yellows in one match / a straight Red and miss the next 3 games in all competition - which would be the league games against Huddersfield / Preston / Birmingham - is bizzare.

But given the priority remains promotion I am sure that no one would be encouraged to do that!

I think the odds against us winning and some combination of Baldock/ Lowe / Robinson not getting a yellow is quite low
….

But hope springs eternal !

So if you knew the answer to begin with, why ask the question ?
Because I was looking for confirmation as I am not arrogant enough to believe I know everything.

It was only the Sun article - posted in good faith by another poster trying to be helpful - that planted a seed of doubt

My understanding is that if you get 2 yellows in the FA Cup you face a one match ban.

This is why Egan couldn’t play v Spurs and Bogle in the replay v Wrexham.

Got me thinking who we have on 1 Yellow in the FA Cup and, if they got a 2nd in the Semi, would miss out on the Final (should we get there 😁)

I make it:

Baldock
Lowe
Robinson
Berge
Coulibaly.

Think first 3 of those could easily pick up a card, Berge very unlikely and the last one unlikely to feature (other than perhaps as a Sub)

I realise that if we actually win the Semi Final this would be the least of our
problems 😁

But would be a tough one to take for the players concerned
Unfortunately, anyone can get a yellow now with the disgraceful way players are conning refs and their fellow professionals.

Because I was looking for confirmation as I am not arrogant enough to believe I know everything.

It was only the Sun article - posted in good faith by another poster trying to be helpful - that planted a seed of doubt
I gave you the confirmation in good faith with no arrogance in my reply.
I don't read the Sun or any other newspapers and in future I won't be as helpful but I bow down to your superiority because you went to the match and I didn't. FFS

Not on here it doesn’t 🤣
😂.
However I am pinning my hopes on a spookily coincidence….

There is only ONE Weekend between May and July when I am in the U.K. having booked a number of overseas trips and holidays a long time ago.

That is - Saturday June 3rd…

It is written in the stars.

(I will now wait for people to point out that I would be out of the country for the Play Off Semis and Final …..)

I gave you the confirmation in good faith with no arrogance in my reply.
I don't read the Sun or any other newspapers and in future I won't be as helpful but I bow down to your superiority because you went to the match and I didn't. FFS
Really didn’t mean to imply anything - your reply was really helpful thanks. I don’t read the Sun either.

Perhaps we can agree that, as someone else has pointed out, it is difficult to understand what constitutes handball these days, never mind then FA Cup hello card rules?

Whatever. But I never mentioned Lionel "Rich Tea"
WTF has he to do with this ?
Really didn’t mean to imply anything - your reply was really helpful thanks. I don’t read the Sun either.

Perhaps we can agree that, as someone else has pointed out, it is difficult to understand what constitutes handball these days, never mind then FA Cup hello card rules?

Anyone on 1 FA Cup yellow has it wiped after the Quarter Finals.

So, any player who entered the QFs already on 1 FA Cup yellow but did not get booked in their QF is now clear. This means Baldock, Lowe, Berge, Coulibaly.

The only way they would miss the final is the same as any other player - get sent off in the semi.

No because you would know cards in the semi are irrelevant as we won't be in the final 😀 It's the Blades way

Back
Top Bottom