2 people to blame

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy Fleck

Reaction score
Stopped watching after the 2nd, I blame both the prince for not backing us this transfer window and for leaving all our business to the last minute and also wilder for his terrible recruitment and leaving us with a shit declining league one squad, if tonight isn’t a rocket up the arse for them to sign some players then I don’t know what is.

I got slagged off as usual when I said Fleck, Norwood, Baldock, Stevens, McG, Sharp etc have to become our back up players when we had a good season in the Prem.

We bought cover for them instead of improvements, the same shit we always do, and now look at the shit we've got.

SJ won't hang around here, and it wouldn't surprise me if he walked after our next game if we lose again.

Stopped watching after the 2nd, I blame both the prince for not backing us this transfer window and for leaving all our business to the last minute and also wilder for his terrible recruitment and leaving us with a shit declining league one squad, if tonight isn’t a rocket up the arse for them to sign some players then I don’t know what is.
Agreed, just posted somet similar myself

I look at the starting lineup, and think Baldock, Egan, and Berge are the only ones i'd want to keep.

I was with you till this.

Why would he ruin his reputation by staying here

He'll be in big demand if he was available.

Just walk, say you've made a mistake and wait for a job at a football club that recognizes quality players and doesn't have a complete aversion to them because they don't fit our flat cap, chip butty and pipe tobacco image

And after the game you still want to keep them?

Fact is, Wilder got players playing out their skin for him. The moment he left we were fucked, as this owner hasn’t the money, intent, or nous to build a football team…yet he fell out with the one who could as he demanded players like Verrips come on the cheap.

Fact is, Wilder got players playing out their skin for him. The moment he left we were fucked, as this owner hasn’t the money, intent, or nous to build a football team…yet he fell out with the one who could as he demanded players like Verrips come on the cheap.
I think you may have blanked some stuff out. I don't blame you, it was pretty bad.

Why would he ruin his reputation by staying here

He'll be in big demand if he was available.

Just walk, say you've made a mistake and wait for a job at a football club that recognizes quality players and doesn't have a complete aversion to them because they don't fit our flat cap, chip butty and pipe tobacco image
But he knew what he was walking in to before he signed. He clearly thought (and hopefully still thinks) he can turn it round. He would have known whatever financial constraints existed before he signed.

Did you miss last season?

Wait a minute. He left us bottom of the league and looking bereft of confidence.The owner backed him and he spunked millions on shite as well. Do you want us to spunk more millions that we cant afford and end up in financial trouble?

Wilders good at getting cheap or free players and getting them playing well, but give him some money and jesus christ.

Not really a league one squad tho is it?

I don't believe that the Prince has failed to back Slav, it's more likely that Slav wanted to see what he had and work with them before deciding who to bring in asa replacements. Unfortunately he arrived late due to his old contract and he only got two pre-season games.

Now he's had four competitive games he needs to really get to work in the transfer market, though it seems he already might have been unlucky with Vieira.

If we don't sign at least 4-5 players then feel free to start having a pop at the Prince. Don't forget that some of the parachute payment money is reserved for "biggest Blade" Kev.

SJ won't hang around here, and it wouldn't surprise me if he walked after our next game if we lose again.
If he walks then good riddance he's clearly not the man for the job. It's going to be a tough period for us to endure but he can turn it around with a few signings. What he should have learnt from tonight is that Fleck should never be picked again and that Freeman is a decent footballer.

I think you may have blanked some stuff out. I don't blame you, it was pretty bad.

Blanked nothing out.
Fact 1- a squad went up despite having many players who were free, and from league 1.
Fact 2- despite that they managed a respectable finish in Prem despite having the end of season ruined by a pandemic and injury to their best defender and main attacking outlet.
Fact 3- It was blindingly obvious we needed replacements of prem quality for most the squad, but had to do it with a wage limit similar to championship clubs and miles behind the next lowest Prem budget

Fact 4- We failed to get those players in and ended up where it was obvious we would….but got rid of the one man who would likely have still got his players competing in this league on the way.

We’ve fucked it.

We were fucked when Wilder was here or did I miss that we were top of the league?
People still acting like we ‘lost’ Wilder! He stormed out when he knew he’d fucked up and wasted the money, there was no way back with these players and he knew it so he cut and ran but only when he had his pay-off.
Prince may not be able to build a football team but on the transfer front Wilder couldn’t at the highest level, we have gone backwards massively and I can’t think of one transfer that improved us in the Prem.
It’s not that we didn’t have the money either, the players he brought in were not as good as those already here that cost next to nowt which is about as damning as it gets.

But he knew what he was walking in to before he signed. He clearly thought (and hopefully still thinks) he can turn it round. He would have known whatever financial constraints existed before he signed.

Don't think he did
He probably just assumed that a team coming down from the Premier League would have at least a smidgeon of skill, creativity, pace, quick thinking, ability and know how.

He's just found out that assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Wait a minute. He left us bottom of the league and looking bereft of confidence.The owner backed him and he spunked millions on shite as well. Do you want us to spunk more millions that we cant afford and end up in financial trouble?

He spent what he had to get what he could under the parameters he had. Ones just been sold for a big profit btw…
Wilder with this squad doesn’t lose like that.

Blanked nothing out.
Fact 1- a squad went up despite having many players who were free, and from league 1.
Fact 2- despite that they managed a respectable finish in Prem despite having the end of season ruined by a pandemic and injury to their best defender and main attacking outlet.
Fact 3- It was blindingly obvious we needed replacements of prem quality for most the squad, but had to do it with a wage limit similar to championship clubs and miles behind the next lowest Prem budget

Fact 4- We failed to get those players in and ended up where it was obvious we would….but got rid of the one man who would likely have still got his players competing in this league on the way.

We’ve fucked it.

Burke, Brewster, McBurnie, Berge were also signed by Wilder.

leaving us with a shit declining league one squad

This is bollocks, though. You think if we released every player in this squad that they'd end up in League One? Most would end up in top 10 Championship teams and some would be interesting teams at a higher level. Some of the players Wilder signed might not have been good enough for the Premier League, but they're good enough for the Championship.

I look at the starting lineup, and think Baldock, Egan, and Berge are the only ones i'd want to keep.
Why the hell would you want to keep Berge, I've heard posters say he'll rip this league a new one, he'll be a rolls Royce at this level.
Sadly he's been shite since he came in, if we can get our money back then get shut

We were fucked when Wilder was here or did I miss that we were top of the league?
People still acting like we ‘lost’ Wilder! He stormed out when he knew he’d fucked up and wasted the money, there was no way back with these players and he knew it so he cut and ran but only when he had his pay-off.
Prince may not be able to build a football team but on the transfer front Wilder couldn’t at the highest level, we have gone backwards massively and I can’t think of one transfer that improved us in the Prem.
It’s not that we didn’t have the money either, the players he brought in were not as good as those already here that cost next to nowt which is about as damning as it gets.

His budget didn’t stretch to prem players, we needed to go up and down a few times. He signed top champ players…which is where we are. Yet you would t think so.

Why the hell would you want to keep Berge, I've heard posters say he'll rip this league a new one, he'll be a rolls Royce at this level.
Sadly he's been shite since he came in, if we can get our money back then get shut

Playing in a midfield that contains Norwood and Fleck can’t help.

Blanked nothing out.

We’ve fucked it.
Absolutely agree with that
I hope the bog roll prince and the 🐀 Betis are happy now after ruining our club 🙄🙄🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
I agree with the above, but where do we go from here?
we’re hurting tonight, but how do we find a way forward?
He never goes to the games, and has v little connection to the blades except as a money making enterprise.
How do we get rid?

Back
Top Bottom