2 games in, and since selling N’Diaye

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That be the inexperienced lad that was a foot away from scoring two very good goals despite fuckall service?
I think we've got a reyt player on our hands with Osula!

Would rather roll the dice and persist with him than spunk another £20m on a Brewster/McBurnie type with one good season in the Championship.

We didnt have targets to replace N'Diaye because at the last minute he changed his mind and left. Hence the signing video he made. He would be difficult to replace.

We won, I've just landed in my TARDIS to let you know. Where we are now at Xmas you wouldnt believe !
Hecky has admitted there was always a chance Ndiaye would leave , so we should have had targets identified.
Once OM started their campaign , we should have told them they would not get Ndiaye until we had a replacement in - that is our biggest error , we should have made them wait.
Even if Ndiaye had stayed , we were short of a PL ready striker , which none of the others including McBurnie are.
So we should have had striker targets anyway.
It is not so much the departure of Ndiaye that has put us in our invidious position , but the risk we took in letting him go without a replacement.
Club has only itself to blame for now scratching around for strikers when every club in Europe knows how desperate we are , having witnessed the Palace game.
Both strikers who played are publicly admitted by the club to be development players.
It's a tough ask to expect them to trouble PL defences.
However , at least the MF will be better tomorrow and we could always as Hamer to play as a 10.

The OP's original views on those "shite" signings:

Really hope we get Brewster, but fans should only kick off if we miss out on Brewster and then don’t bring anyone in. As long as the club makes a £10-20m investment in a striker that could improve our firepower, that’s the main thing.

Burke finally fulfilling his huge potential could be one of big success stories of Wilders reign, early signs are his signing could be an absolute master stroke

Here we go again…..

Do you simply want us to sign anyone? Just any old fucker?

We’ve got targets. We’re working on it, how many times do I have repeat this: YOU CANT JUST GO AND SIGN SOMEONE. There’s processes, protocols, legalities, a wish for the other club to talk to you, a wish for the agent and player to talk to you, negotiation….all sorts of factors.

Do you think you just ring a club and put your order in?

The choice isn’t a binary one I.e. between (a) signing absolutely anyone regardless, or: (b) signing no one.

We haven’t signed a single attacker. Not one. Not a centre forward, not a winger come attacking midfielder, a number 10. Nothing

Sincerely. Are they taking the fucking piss?

Was Saturday not shambolic enough? We had the worst midfield and attack in the top two leagues ffs

Paul Mitchell, Bettis, whoever is responsible for this circus, this transfer window best turn round for the better and quick.

Getting to the point where no one should want the same clowns responsible for bringing in the likes of Oliver Burke, Brewster, Ampadu and Luke Freeman to have anything to do with the club.

Shite.
I thought we were 1 game into the season??
Anyway, which top notch, tricky striker who's bumming about looking for a club should we buy?

I was completely underwhelmed and disappointed on Saturday, and that side would get mullered every week this season, but with Vinicius, Hamer and Davies to come in to side these coming weeks, still some money left in the pot and a couple of loans available to use, I’d like to think all is not lost this season after one game

😆 I’m not even mad at the pettiness that’s brilliant that you’ve trawled through and found that.

That said, think I can take it on the chin that I was in the tiny minority of fans who thoughts Brewster would be a good signing.

Would you believe, I’m not a professional scout.
Doesn’t mean I can’t give my opinion of the absolute shitshow that’s lead to the situation heckingbottoms dealing with these first two games.

Touché though, I’d forgotten how rose tinted my glasses were in the wilder days.

We haven’t signed a single attacker. Not one. Not a centre forward, not a winger come attacking midfielder, a number 10. Nothing

Was Saturday not shambolic enough? We had the worst midfield and attack in the top two leagues ffs

Paul Mitchell, Bettis, whoever is responsible for this circus, this transfer window best turn round for the better and quick.

Getting to the point where no one should want the same clowns responsible for bringing in the likes of Oliver Burke, Brewster, Ampadu and Luke Freeman to have anything to do with the club.

Shite.

Is this how do you react when ice cream van come down your road and ya mam tells you to get a choc ice outta fridge freezer?

Seriously, if you know how to do better, sell your services to Bettis

In fact while your at it, have a chat to Levy, who's in the same situation following Kane's departure

And Klopp, who lost 2 midfielders and missed out on 2 replacements to Chelsea, and is now looking at a 30yr old Jap no ones heard of

And Pep, whos not replaced Mahrez............. oh and Gundolan

Moysey might be worth a call, £70m in his sky rocket from Rice, and he knew what was coming in June

See my point?

Fact is transfers arent linear, would be nice if they were I agree.

From what we know, there are 3 irons in the fire - Archer, Piroe & Mikautadze. We tried for Akpom, but he chose Ajax (fair play, so would I)

We have our 2 domestic loans still available - whilst this has/will hold us back for the 1st 2/3/4 matches, the patient game may reap rewards - Chukwuemeka at Chelsea started their 1st game, we wouldnt have got him early. Now they have brought in Lavia and Caicedo they may let him go

What if Pep gets Paqueta and therfore lets McAtee come back?

Sometimes patience is a virtue

Shite.
“We haven’t signed a single attacker. Are they taking the piss?”

Same post:

They should rush it through, turn everything and do it now! But not if it’s the same people as bought the last lot.

So you want players in asap. But only if they’re guaranteed to be amazing, even though we have no cash. And you want the people in charge to turn it round, but also have nothing to do with it.

Oh and you’re ignoring we’ve literally spent £15m on an attacking midfielder.

Makes sense. Well about as much sense as your usual rants.

Is this how do you react when ice cream van come down your road and ya mam tells you to get a choc ice outta fridge freezer?

Seriously, if you know how to do better, sell your services to Bettis

In fact while your at it, have a chat to Levy, who's in the same situation following Kane's departure

And Klopp, who lost 2 midfielders and missed out on 2 replacements to Chelsea, and is now looking at a 30yr old Jap no ones heard of

And Pep, whos not replaced Mahrez............. oh and Gundolan

Moysey might be worth a call, £70m in his sky rocket from Rice, and he knew what was coming in June

See my point?

Fact is transfers arent linear, would be nice if they were I agree.

From what we know, there are 3 irons in the fire - Archer, Piroe & Mikautadze. We tried for Akpom, but he chose Ajax (fair play, so would I)

We have our 2 domestic loans still available - whilst this has/will hold us back for the 1st 2/3/4 matches, the patient game may reap rewards - Chukwuemeka at Chelsea started their 1st game, we wouldnt have got him early. Now they have brought in Lavia and Caicedo they may let him go

What if Pep gets Paqueta and therfore lets McAtee come back?

Sometimes patience is a virtue
Patience?! Mate I’m not throwing the toys out the pram asking for them to spend £60m on one player. Come on the situation on Saturday was an absolute shitshow and they still haven’t brought in an attacker.

Am I the only one seeing all this unfold? You ever seen a Blades manager look and act as frustrated and incredulous as Heckingbottoms been?

Regards the original post I would class Hamer as a midfielder that is an attacker or at least offers a big threat.
I'd expect him to play behind the strikers bit like Berge did at times.

However and whilst I can sympathize that we want the best signings possible and not just anyone now.
We sold N'Diaye on the 1st of August and we had "replacement lined up to arrive swiftly".
We simply haven't as yet.

I think the story is that we will/might have to wait until the deadline, of course we will be 3 matches in by then.

Haha. Classic.

He just thinks it’s fashionable for nothing to ever be good enough. It’s a new breed of fan who think their unrealistic standards make them somehow more knowledgeable about football than us clappers.

Patience?! Mate I’m not throwing the toys out the pram asking for them to spend £60m on one player. Come on the situation on Saturday was an absolute shitshow and they still haven’t brought in an attacker.

Am I the only one seeing all this unfold? You ever seen a Blades manager look and act as frustrated and incredulous as Heckingbottoms been?
Yes, Wilder and then Jokanovic....

“We haven’t signed a single attacker. Are they taking the piss?”

Same post:

They should rush it through, turn everything and do it now! But not if it’s the same people as bought the last lot.

So you want players in asap. But only if they’re guaranteed to be amazing, even though we have no cash. And you want the people in charge to turn it round, but also have nothing to do with it.

Oh and you’re ignoring we’ve literally spent £15m on an attacking midfielder.

Makes sense. Well about as much sense as your usual rants.
Read it again. I said the transfer window needs to turn around for the better and quick, otherwise I’d want them out if this carries on.

Shite.
What's Traore then, a full back?

Haha. Classic.

He just thinks it’s fashionable for nothing to ever be good enough. It’s a new breed of fan who think their unrealistic standards make them somehow more knowledgeable about football than us clappers.
What the hell are you talking about ‘nothing’ to ever be good enough. Did you see what happened Saturday? Fuck me, can’t even complain about only having 35% of the ball at home to palace now.

We put out the worst midfield and attack in the top two leagues on Saturday, on the first day of the richest league in the world. I’m not crazy for being pissed off about that

Saturday wasnt good - agreed
We need up front reinforcements - agreed

Dont think anyone disagrees with your view mate, my point is its not football manager where you just buy players

Look at Akpom - were in for him, he could agree to a deal and have signed in time to play vs Palace, or he could hold out and see what happens - he does and hes now at Ajax.

All the lads were in for will know, and if they want the move they can agitate for it, like Ndaiye did with us

But if your Archer, are you holding out thinking maybe Mitrovic goes to SA, and Fulham come knocking?
Or Brentford come in for a loan deal to cover for Toney

We have to accept that we are the 2nd worse option in the EPL (after Luton), Fuck me if I was Archer and I had a toss up between a relegation battle with us, and a big promotion bid with Southampton, living on the Solent, Id be thinking

Shite.
Are there another set of clowns responsible for signing Anel, Doyle and McAtee?

This is the problem with transfer windows that run into the season. If you’ve cash then you can bring in what you need early doors or spend enough towards the end of the window in the knowledge that whoever you bring in will likely be a success and cancel out any poor results early on.

If you are skint you either bring in any old cunt or you have to wait til later in the window either negotiating or hoping previously unattainable players suddenly become available.

The financial situation we are in is down to 2 things. Owner isn’t rich enough, nobody richer wants to buy us. Also we spent loads 3 years ago on players who who were either shite or spent ages out injured.

We are where we are. Nobody wanted to see us put that team out at the weekend and I’m paying good money to likely go and see a similar team with a similar outcome tomorrow night. It’s frustrating but the club are obviously still trying to sign players. Unfortunately the players we want and selling clubs know we are desperate.

We as fans have no idea what is going on behind the scenes yet some still pretend they do.

Shite.
Agreed. Total embarrassment

What the hell are you talking about ‘nothing’ to ever be good enough. Did you see what happened Saturday? Fuck me, can’t even complain about only having 35% of the ball at home to palace now.

We put out the worst midfield and attack in the top two leagues on Saturday, on the first day of the richest league in the world. I’m not crazy for being pissed off about that
You’re just pissed off about everything.

Back
Top Bottom