1st team contracts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The only thing I read at the time when he joined, is that United had the option to extend for another year.
True,
But there not going to come out before he’s played a minute and say if he’s shit we can release him in January

View attachment 63710

He's had 2 of these, so in a fifth of our matches so far he's been MOTM.

By your reasoning we'll be selling half our team, outside of the defence there aren't many regularly putting in 9/10 performances, Fleck has had a couple of good games but not a consistent performer.

Honestly can't get my head around why people don't want one of our better players and most consistent player around, fair do's if you want Freeman on but to say you'd be happy if he left is ridiculous in my opinion.

“King of the match” is subjective, I don’t care what Budweiser or whoever dishes out these awards thinks to be honest.

I’m not saying I don’t want him around, he’s doing a good job for now. I’m just saying that he’s an ok player, nothing special, same goes for Fleck and Norwood. They are all doing a decent job but the midfield is an area we can improve.

Luke Freeman is apparently very unhappy and could move on in January.

Yes, that's a fair point. I'd like to see how good this Verrips guy is though before we make that decision. I don't think he's come here to be a reserve keeper. I just looked him up on Wiki and didn't realise that he's played a total of 6 times for his national team (Netherlands). His goalscoring record is crap though 0/6!

He's played for the youth teams, not the seniors.

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

I certainly don’t expect him to be happy sat on the bench, but I very much doubt he’s ready to give up and move back to the Championship in January.

Yes. That's right. 5 of those for U20's and 1 for U19's.

It's just, when you say someone's played for their national team, the expectation is the seniors.

Would be like saying Louis Reed played for England or DDG played for Italy: both technically true but let's be honest 🤷‍♂️

bump

Only Rodwell has changes since I posted this - can't find the bloody spreadsheet anywhere though

A good bump, especially as players have developed. I think Lundstram needs his own thread if he doesn't have one yet.

Add to that list i reckon there's another 10 that'll be frees..

Holmes
Duffy
Thomas
Heneghan
Eastwood
Wright

Possibly more aswell!

After last night I've had another go - although I'm not 100% sure on our arrangements for the 2 lads on loan from abroad.

United certainly seem stronger in terms of depth than in September and Berge is the stand out addition it seems.

18 of the first team squad are contracted until the end of next season, but of those 7 would only have 12 months left in the summer if things stay as they are, and 5 of them are playing just about every week.

Henderson is the biggest challenge to replace in the summer but we've all known that since August. The obvious solution is to loan Henderson back for another year.

contracts.JPG

After last night I've had another go - although I'm not 100% sure on our arrangements for the 2 lads on loan from abroad.

United certainly seem stronger in terms of depth than in September and Berge is the stand out addition it seems.

18 of the first team squad are contracted until the end of next season, but of those 7 would only have 12 months left in the summer if things stay as they are, and 5 of them are playing just about every week.

Henderson is the biggest challenge to replace in the summer but we've all known that since August. The obvious solution is to loan Henderson back for another year.

View attachment 70273
Listening to Wilder last night, the focus now moves to tying down some of the key players on longer deals

Clarke and Freeman will surely run down their contracts and leave.
All the short term contracts and loans will be reviewed in the summer I'd guess.
Basham, Fleck, Lunny, Norwood and McGoldrick all have 16 months left so that's what he'll be talking about I guess

Billy is a difficult one - 35 when is contract expires at the end of next season.

I guess there may also be one or two on longer contracts who might be discussing an upgrade, given the advancement made in the last 12/18months

Players getting team or bench time at least now squad.JPGlooks like this

Contracted players not really involved

others.JPG

If the season continues into July and beyond as seems likely there’s some interesting questions here.
Do we sort out some short extensions for selected players?
Will the loaning clubs agree to extend?
In particular would Manchester United seek to disable a European place rival by declining to extend Hendo’s loan?

Back
Top Bottom