18th April 2025 - Where would you like us to be as a club?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
Whilst it may be still mathematically possible to stay in this league, let's move on from the negatives and failings of this season.....

Let's press the fast forward button to this exact date a year from now.....

Where do you genuinely see us as a club?

- In terms of Ownership? Will HRH PA still be the owner of the Club? Will he finally attract the right sort of buyer?

- Will we still have the CWAK partnership managing the team? Will he stay around to rebuild the club and in hope of spearheading them once more?

- How different will the overall squad look? Do you see any of the out of contract players negotiating and signing on the line to stay at the club?... if so who?

- HSBC ground.... Will it be undertaken? Will it gather momentum?...... Ultimately, will we have a Category 1 academy by then?

Wish ….new owner, promoted to Prem with realistic chance of giving it a proper go. Progress with Traing ground & Academy.

Expect…Still stuck with Prince Abdullah, top half Championship, Trg Ground behind schedule.

Wish ….new owner, promoted to Prem with realistic chance of giving it a proper go. Progress with Traing ground & Academy.

Expect…Still stuck with Prince Abdullah, top half Championship, Trg Ground behind schedule.
And to rub salt int wound CWAK still stealing a very good living out of club. Get back to L1 FFS

Ownership: Club sold to a suitable, sensible, but ambitious owner. That's a lot to ask for. Not just someone who can throw money at a team, but one who can organise the structure of the club well to a point where it's self sufficient in terms of revenue and keep the club sustainable. We don't want someone who can spend 100m one season and not be able to afford paint and grass fertiliser the season after.

Manager: Depends on performance next season and also the sale of the club. New ownership often makes the ears prick of very good managers who eye up a project with a decent piggy bank to work with. There's a lot to be desired about how we play at the moment, everything is reactive and pouncing on rebounds/half chances. I'd like to see us have a style of play again.

Squad: I think a lot of the younger lads will be regular first team starters. Hopefully recruitment in the summer is much better and we bring in some good players who compliment/improve what we've already got.

HSBC Ground: Given the work required, I don't expect it to be up and running this time next year. Sounds like there's still plenty of paperwork and approvals required. I'd expect end of YR25 for it to open.

Expectation: As above, expect to still be under PA. Parachute payments with sales of Anel, Souza and a few wages freed up from expired contracts and loan spells ending could make PA think he can afford to give it another season (with shrewd business) and try and make a sale following what he hopes will be another promotion. Who knows though. DSA looks in very good standard to reopen again within the next 2 years and may help with the sale of the club. I think we'll at least make the play-offs next season and good progress made off the pitch in terms of the HSBC ground and hotel. Hoping efforts are made with BDTBL with the pillars and safe standing.

Ownership: Club sold to a suitable, sensible, but ambitious owner. That's a lot to ask for. Not just someone who can throw money at a team, but one who can organise the structure of the club well to a point where it's self sufficient in terms of revenue and keep the club sustainable. We don't want someone who can spend 100m one season and not be able to afford paint and grass fertiliser the season after.

Manager: Depends on performance next season and also the sale of the club. New ownership often makes the ears prick of very good managers who eye up a project with a decent piggy bank to work with. There's a lot to be desired about how we play at the moment, everything is reactive and pouncing on rebounds/half chances. I'd like to see us have a style of play again.

Squad: I think a lot of the younger lads will be regular first team starters. Hopefully recruitment in the summer is much better and we bring in some good players who compliment/improve what we've already got.

HSBC Ground: Given the work required, I don't expect it to be up and running this time next year. Sounds like there's still plenty of paperwork and approvals required. I'd expect end of YR25 for it to open.

Expectation: As above, expect to still be under PA. Parachute payments with sales of Anel, Souza and a few wages freed up from expired contracts and loan spells ending could make PA think he can afford to give it another season (with shrewd business) and try and make a sale following what he hopes will be another promotion. Who knows though. DSA looks in very good standard to reopen again within the next 2 years and may help with the sale of the club. I think we'll at least make the play-offs next season and good progress made off the pitch in terms of the HSBC ground and hotel. Hoping efforts are made with BDTBL with the pillars and safe standing.
DSA ?

Doncaster Sheffield Airport mate:

In an update, Mayor of Doncaster Ros Jones said TUI was ‘keen to return’ to the airport if plans to re-open it are successful.

City of Doncaster Council has signed a 125-year lease for the airport and is in the final stages of appointing an operator.

Mayor Jones said: “Following our lease announcement last month, we have heard from TUI that they are keen to return to our airport, we have kept in regular contact with them since the structural review of the former DSA site was announced.

“We have engaged TUI with the bidders for their return to our airport to be explored and we are hopeful that we will see TUI back in Doncaster.”

By 18/4/25 I think we will be in that mid table area where 10 clubs are separated by 4 points, we maybe have an outside sniff of the play-offs but will need to win our last 3 and hope for other results to go our way. Ultimately we will fall short. HRH will still be the owner having flirted with another dodgy possible buyer and CWAK will probably still be in charge unless the season starts off badly. I also expect us to be hit with further sanctions and maybe have the further suspended 2 point deduction imposed.

The squad will look completely different, most of the out of contract players will leave along with the loan players, (obviously) to be replaced by mainly free transfers and loans with more of the young players promoted to the first team squad. We will cash in on Anel and Souza at least and if we really are in the financial shite maybe even Blaster or Hamer. Hopefully we go for Johansson and if we do get him he will be our "marquee" signing of the summer at £750K.....

Lack of a Cat 1 Academy may be one of the main factors in attracting a decent level of buyer, (not the crooks we have had interested so far). It may be with the purchase of HSBC and "plans" for a Cat 1 Academy that we are a more attractive proposition at the price point HRH wants. Personally I think it has been purchased as an asset to enhance the attractiveness of the club and nothing more. I don't think a spade will have been turned at the site, let alone a brick laid by this time next year, certainly under the current regime anyway.

The sale of the Club is still paramount for me. HRH has overseen an embargo and points deduction, (never before experienced at BDTBL) and relegation from the Prem twice that will be on the records as two of the worst Prem teams of all time. We are a Championship Club that don't have the infrastructure, experience, finances or general management, (never mind the playing/coaching staff) to ever establish ourselves in the top flight under his tenure.

Last edited:
Doncaster Sheffield Airport mate:

In an update, Mayor of Doncaster Ros Jones said TUI was ‘keen to return’ to the airport if plans to re-open it are successful.

City of Doncaster Council has signed a 125-year lease for the airport and is in the final stages of appointing an operator.

Mayor Jones said: “Following our lease announcement last month, we have heard from TUI that they are keen to return to our airport, we have kept in regular contact with them since the structural review of the former DSA site was announced.

“We have engaged TUI with the bidders for their return to our airport to be explored and we are hopeful that we will see TUI back in Doncaster.”
Thanks for the info.👍

Promoted and takeover announced and signed off after Google decide to buy us for some reason

Back
Top Bottom