11 years ago..will this ever happen?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was discussing this today, my mate and I found ourselves at Anfield quite a few times in the 1970’s. all the stands have been rebuilt since then but neither of us could remember the stadium being closed at any time.

This is what we found;

http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/eng/anfield

View attachment 68461
View attachment 68462

Something like this is doable for the South Stand and the cop.

Suppose I'll have to be the one to do it then....

Think Liverpool

I was chatting via email with our brilliant historian. We are lucky to have him. He said that we can't go for any further historic statues, walls or other infrastructure until the new south stand has been built. So this means it is definitely on the Radar. However the caveat was that we must make sure we are established in the Prem. The piece of string problem with that is at what point are we established? Does this mean when we are confident of staying up another season beyond the current season? Does it mean when we have enough expensive players in the squad to realise that we can't go down or after we are Champions of Europe three times on the trot and a huge fan base in the Far East? As far as I'm concerned we are always one season from relegation, Everton looked in real trouble earlier in the season but seem to have picked up a little but could they guarantee survival despite an expensive squad?
At some point you have to bite the bullet (sorry for the buzz-phrase) and say lets do this. If we don't get any more Blades fans initially it's not a problem as we can open the full Bramall Lane end to away fans. In the Prem there are enough big teams in the North to fill that end meaning we can increase the ground size without even having to increase our fan base. Secondly the problem with the ticketing situation is that by only letting high loyalty pointed Blades in, means we are alienating new and more importantly young future fans. So to me the building of the stand should be a priority as soon as it is possible to do it and make an already beautiful stadium even more beautiful and 40,000 which is prem level.

Secondly the problem with the ticketing situation is that by only letting high loyalty pointed Blades in, means we are alienating new and more importantly young future fans.

Without dredging up the loyalty point debate again, I took my (never been to see the blades before) 5 year old daughter to a pre season game and the fa cup game and I can now get her a ticket to the man city game on Tuesday. I won't, cos she's not reyt arsed, but there is no ticketing situation anymore (in my opinion).

The rest of your post is valid though.

Without dredging up the loyalty point debate again, I took my (never been to see the blades before) 5 year old daughter to a pre season game and the fa cup game and I can now get her a ticket to the man city game on Tuesday. I won't, cos she's not reyt arsed, but there is no ticketing situation anymore (in my opinion).

The rest of your post is valid though.

We were only allowed to sell 22,000 season tickets quite a few people I knew wanted one but were too late. This is were I got the loyalty thoughts from.

We were only allowed to sell 22,000 season tickets quite a few people I knew wanted one but were too late. This is were I got the loyalty thoughts from.

That was a different issue this season. The club handled season tickets poorly imo.

Back
Top Bottom