With Burnley winning tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pigsareblue

Reaction score
We are now at least 4 games or 10 points off survival. On the other hand I think and hope Burnleys turnaround motivates our team that we can do the same.

Baby steps is the right idea first aim might take a while but it's very possible being to get off 20th place.

I think Brighton and Fulham are both more catchable than Burnley

I remember a couple of games ago the more Pollyanna-ish of our supporters were stressing that we were only six points off safety and it could be turned around.

Well the squad heard you! They rolled their sleeves up, got stuck in and with hard work and diligence, managed to get the gap to ten points instead.

This team doesn't look capable of getting ten points, never mind closing a ten point gap.

Tbh we did play better the last 2 games. We have to play Burnley Palace and Newcastle soon all possible wins. I think even if we go down it would be nice to not be rock bottom

I remember a couple of games ago the more Pollyanna-ish of our supporters were stressing that we were only six points off safety and it could be turned around.

Well the squad heard you! They rolled their sleeves up, got stuck in and with hard work and diligence, managed to get the gap to ten points instead.

This team doesn't look capable of getting ten points, never mind closing a ten point gap.
Accurate and heartbreaking ....... all in one post !

I really think it’s important for fans to be positive, especially since no crowds will be allowed at the Lane for some time.
This forum is all the supporters have to get behind the team today. Accepting relegation is worse than knowing we will only make the promotion play offs. We all know how that scenario ends.
The team have shown encouraging signs of improvement, so the fans do need to get behind them in the fight to avoid relegation.
It’s the least we can do. 😊

A third of season gone. Playing better but injuries are building. However a January window to bolster a couple of positions. The next 13 games will define relegation or survival not the first 13.
There are some right knobs capitulating and shitting themselves. Must be brexit remainers and project fear mongerers.
Just need to win 3 games and we are back in the pack. Burnley Palace Newcastle and team playing like the Man U game and there is hope.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Although the last 2 games have seen an improvelevel of performance. Weve still only got 1 point from them and 2 overall.

We needed 3 points against Brighton and got a well earned draw but it wasn’t enough.

West Brom and Brighton were massive games and we’ve taken 1 point from them.

A third of season gone. Playing better but injuries are building. However a January window to bolster a couple of positions. The next 13 games will define relegation or survival not the first 13.
There are some right knobs capitulating and shitting themselves. Must be brexit remainers and project fear mongerers.
Just need to win 3 games and we are back in the pack. Burnley Palace Newcastle and team playing like the Man U game and there is hope.

This is the issue ‘just need to win 3 games’ I assume you mean on the bounce and not between now and the end of the season ? 😂 we’ve got no hope .... I will support them until the end and at least it looks like we will go down with a fight now instead of a whimper.

Some of the responses to this thread show the difference between a fan and a supporter.

Some responses show the difference between a realist & a dreamer,
between someone who sees the facts & someone denying the facts,
between someone who accepts painfully reality & someone deluded,
or simply between a sober individual & someone who has been at the Christmas booze too early!

9 times out of 10 most sides get 30 plus points and make a fist of staying up.

it’s high time we started to look after our Own results instead of hoped for 3 worse teams than us to end the season with 20 points or it be a historically crap league. We can’t rely on everyone else to start losing

To all intents and purposes we are gone - may as well accept that and try and play our way into some form for next season.

or simply between a sober individual & someone who has been at the Christmas booze too early!
That’s all a bit rich coming from someone who believes in an all knowing all seeing omnipotent being 😂

You are quite literally the last person on here in a position to question someone's belief, or 'faith' in anything!

10 wins, 4 draws, 10 defeats from our remaining games gives us 36 points and in with a sniff....doable definitely, probable.... unlikely.

If only it was about a "gap" of 10 points.

The current gap is irrelevant. We need another 34 points from 24 games to stand even a chance of staying up.

But it seems like we "just to need to win 3 games" to get ourselves back in the pack.

Have I strayed onto Owlstalk?

Genuinly can't believe some 'fans' on here. Yeah, our position is clearly poor, but 10 points off safety after 14 games with a squad that is growing in confidence each game is far from over. If we'd crumbled after Lundstram's red card I might agree, but the way we stayed strong, got ourselves ahead and didn't concede again after their equalizer says volumes about the squad. If Burke had any composure in front of goal, we'd have won that game and many of us would feel very differently.

Back
Top Bottom