Who to partner Mousset?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hendo
Baldock Egan JOC Stevens
Morrison Norwood Fleck
Mousset McBurnie Robinson

🔥🔥🔥🔥⚡⚡🔥🤔🤔👀

I see Morrison in that central 3 role too as opposed to a more advanced role fans assume he'll take up because of being a skillful player.
He can really move well when fit box to box although his defensive side isn't his best part he can cover serious ground and that was a primary target for Wilder after his initial interviews after promotion illustrated. Really hope this one works out I've a feeling our next problem is going to be holding onto him when now the pressure has been lifted and he's allowed to be the player he wants to be. Fancy Wilder to of got this one in the right frame of mind and environment.

still expect another striker, cm backup and two loans. all in all we are vastly improved on paper. could see some suprise departures Duffy, K Freeman, Stearman, Baldock all in last year of contract.

I think you’ll see one out and out centre forward (most likely Mousset) with two playing in behind him as advanced midfielders/wingers depending on shape. You’ll see two from Robinson, Morrison, McGoldrick and Freeman most likely playing just off him. Billy Sharp as the main competition for the no.9 slot as things stand.

Appreciate we're going into "the unknown" next season and there may well be times that the formation needs to be tweaked either at certain times during each game or possibly depending on the opposition (and sometimes when playing away from home).
However, we always look at our best and the players look happier and more comfortable when we're playing the formation that makes us the team we are . . . . . 3-5-2 (or however else you want to dress it up.
Show no fear and attack the opposition, let them worry about US, go for it from the off!! Yeah, ok, there'll be times we get caught out and punished but so what, give it a real go boys and if we lose games because of that then I for one will accept that.
Sit back and invite your opponents on at your peril.
So, the point I'm making (eventually) is that the likes of Freeman and Morrison will surely fight it out initially for the Duffy role IF "others" feel Duffy isn't quite enough and may also be available and able to play in other midfield positions if at all necessary.
At present I think Mousset, Sharp and McGoldrick are all capable players BUT if we could add McBurnie that'd set us up nicely.
Add to that Robinson who may well play the central Striker role too but think his signing again give us an opportunity to tweak the formation or possibly add to our attacking threat with a front 3 where required.
That just leaves a keeper to sign, possibly another RCB and someone to cover either LWB or RWB (depending on Wilder's thoughts and how strong we are in those positions).
Apologies, got rambling - what was the thread about again? . . . . . . 😉😁

I see Morrison in that central 3 role too as opposed to a more advanced role fans assume he'll take up because of being a skillful player.
He can really move well when fit box to box although his defensive side isn't his best part he can cover serious ground and that was a primary target for Wilder after his initial interviews after promotion illustrated. Really hope this one works out I've a feeling our next problem is going to be holding onto him when now the pressure has been lifted and he's allowed to be the player he wants to be. Fancy Wilder to of got this one in the right frame of mind and environment.

I think at RCM he could provide a good balance with Fleck LCM and get us into the final third more often than we've managed previously with this midfield shape. He has the skill and strength to hold onto the ball a bit longer and glide past opponents.

Fitness is everything for him now. I think it might take until October/November to see him at a level to perform well.

It could go either way but I genuinely think Wilder is a perfect fit for him.

I would have liked us to sign an athletic, defensively good midfielder too but now I don't think we will.

Don't think Lundstram should be overlooked and a better player than given credit for.
Didn't really happen for him last season and yes, he possibly does have certain "limitations" but given the defensive midfield role, where he's not expected to be the complete all-around player some would like, I think he could "Sit in" and do a great job where / when necessary (and still believe he can play a bit more than given credit for).

Which Moose are we going to get back?

The one that struggled playing 60min?

The unstoppable, terrifying confident one?

The greedy, trying too hard, frustrated one?

The sharp, fast, game changer from the bench?

If he wants, he can be one of the best strikers in Europe. But I'm not sure if (or when) he's going to decide that he really wants it.

Really is a bizarre player, shit hot one week, shit bastard the next (i know that’s harsh but it sounded good). But he’s got all the talent in the world as well as top end speed and strength. Hopefully a bit of consistency soon.

He admitted to being a confidence player which I found strange.
All players get better with confidence, but it was weird that he came out and said it, almost like he was guaranteeing that he will have highs and lows all season just dependant on how high his confidence was that particular week.

The hardest part of that is when he started to come off the bench, that really affected his game. He was trying too much and too hard towards the end. He felt he needed a goal (and a worldie at that) just to win his place back, which was probably true but his frustration and self belief was really dipping.

I just hope he at least comes back in perfect physical condition, that should be a given.
If not, he will be back on the bench at best.

Do you disagree? I think his attributes of rapid pace, power & clinical finishing make him an incredible prospect. Still young too.
I just think you went in a bit heavy with the statement. He has pace and power agreed but dont agree about him being clinical. He had a blinder against Man Utd but recently, pre lockdown, seemed to have fallen down Wilders pecking order. It's all about opinions pal and I hope your feelings are correct as it will benefit us greatly. Even with consistency, which he hasn't shown, I still wouldn't feel he'd be one of the top strikers in Europe.

He's going to be the difference between an amazing season, and it being the PERFECT one.

If he finds form for the last few games we could do the unthinkable.

All the recent photos of him are very encouraging.

He looks in great shape.

Hopefully it shows he's really serious about being the best he can be - which is very, very good. He can be a legend here.

Really looking forward to seeing him play again.

Hes still a young lad, in a foreign country and he is seemingly quite shy by all accounts. I agree this lad has all the tools you need to be a top top modern day striker. Hes got a long way to go yet though

The disallowed goal away at Man City for me highlighted Moose’s talent. Pace to burn and a cool finish.
He’s got a thunderbolt strike too... we just haven’t seen it yet in action... think if he cuts inside and sends a rocket home then anyone still on the fence will realise just how good he is!

I just think you went in a bit heavy with the statement. He has pace and power agreed but dont agree about him being clinical. He had a blinder against Man Utd but recently, pre lockdown, seemed to have fallen down Wilders pecking order. It's all about opinions pal and I hope your feelings are correct as it will benefit us greatly. Even with consistency, which he hasn't shown, I still wouldn't feel he'd be one of the top strikers in Europe.

I'm with you on this. I think that pace and strength are great attributes that he's got. I sometimes think that his first touch is awful and the ball bounces off him - I also think his decision making on the ball isn't great. But, put the ball in front of him and set him after it, like a terrier after a rabbit, and he's a great asset to the team.

The disallowed goal away at Man City for me highlighted Moose’s talent. Pace to burn and a cool finish.
He’s got a thunderbolt strike too... we just haven’t seen it yet in action... think if he cuts inside and sends a rocket home then anyone still on the fence will realise just how good he is!

I'm curious how you know he's got a thunderbolt strike, if no one has ever seen it? Did he give you a personal viewing or something? (Or did you see the Twitter clip last week of him hitting in a thunderbolt goal in training and think "he's going to do this in a match one day, so I'll call it out now and be the first!") ? 😉

So far Moos is a could, shoulda , woulda guy. Its why I think Billy needs to start this crucial match. Been there and done that kinda guy

So far Moos is a could, shoulda , woulda guy. Its why I think Billy needs to start this crucial match. Been there and done that kinda guy

I think Billy is stitched on to start.....just depends who with. I would imagine McB but wouldn't be surprised if it was Didzy.

Fair enough, all entitled to opinions. When he went through his purple patch at the end of 2019, I saw a player capable of giving any defender a nightmare. He was by far the most dangerous player in our team and we were mixing it at European level teams.

As for the clinical but - I don't remember him missing many chances? Most of what he hits goes in.

If he could improve further on those performances (and his age suggests he can) then I think he could play Champions League level and cause problems.

Could Billy and Mousset work together? If not, I’d got Billy and McBurnie and bring Mousset on.

Could Billy and Mousset work together? If not, I’d got Billy and McBurnie and bring Mousset on.

What about Didzy? Sod it throw all 4 on it's only Villa, race into a 3-0 lead and then.................... Oh shit.

Back
Top Bottom