Match Thread Watford v. Sheffield United - 05/10/19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WATF
WATF
WATF

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1570142531527.png v. 1570142539672.png

EPL Week 8 - Saturday 5th October 2019 - Vicarage Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/watford-vs-sheffield-united.472/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Tim Robinson
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 23.38.27.png

We'd have won that with Duffy coming off the bench,good point none the less .
Could be worse could be Norwich.

Why did Freeman not come on? Games like that where we are dominating the ball, was crying out for that bit of creativeness.
2 points dropped there as they will with out doubt be the worse team we play all season

Just not creating anything and don't have strikers who can create themselves. We had so much of the ball first half as well and created very little.

They should have won. They were dire but had two easy chances. Bit worrying given they were dire and we looked unlikely to score.

Proved a lot of good points there
Henderson back to normal
Defense good
All we need to do is just get that goalscoring sorted out and we'll be fine
But that's another point on the board and another point towards survival

McBurnie looks very lower league to me. Robinson was marginally better. Sharp and Mousset to start next game.

But we are short of quality up top. Today’s game really highlighted that.

McGoldrick , Freeman , Sharp and Moose are the answer to creating more chances the rest of the team are solid .

Well that was poor.

We'll never have a team press us less, and we were as hesitant and toothless as we've been for donkeys.

Henderson has levelled it out already, saved us twice there.

Robinson cannot start the next game, was cack today.

McBurnie wasn't much better.

Terrible really. At least we got away with a point.

I really don't get Robinson, he starts every game but apart from a cameo at Chelsea he's done fuck all. Surely there is a working combo amongst the strikers we have.

That's a very poor result. Watford haven't won all season, if we can't win (or draw) at home, these are games we need to be winning if we want to stay up.

Some people saying a point and a clean sheet away from home is a good result, and I can see that, but I can't square it with all the posters who have been insisting all along that we aren't in a relegation battle, that we'll stay up at a canter, that we're a Vardy away from challenging for Europe! It can't be both.

Make no mistake, we'll be in the relegation mix all season and we have to beat teams like Watford away, especially if we continue to piss points away at home.

Decent point away from home but as others have said we really need to be doing more in front of goal.

McBurnie and Robinson cannot continue.

Looking like money wasted signing Luke Freeman. If he isn’t going to get any game time in situations like today then you really have to ask why we bothered to sign him at all.

1000% this, this game was made for Luke to take the game by its teeth and create something. yet our substitutional genius seems to rely on just rotating the strikers.

Looking like money wasted signing Luke Freeman. If he isn’t going to get any game time in situations like today then you really have to ask why we bothered to sign him at all.
We got a point away from home. His time will come. I think a lot of people are expecting too much.

Two further plus points . This Watford team finished 7th last year , hard to believe , I know .
Arsenal only came away with a point . Any away point in prem is good . Onwards and upwards !

1000% this, this game was made for Luke to take the game by its teeth and create something. yet our substitutional genius seems to rely on just rotating the strikers.

Would this be the same substitutional genius that has taken us from the foot of L1 to mid table in the Premier League in just 3 seasons?

Would this be the same substitutional genius that has taken us from the foot of L1 to mid table in the Premier League in just 3 seasons?

Urgh the same thrashed out retort thats always used sigh

And for what its worth, I'm pretty sure bringing Duffy off the bench into AM definitely contributed to our rise 😉 ... just saying lol

Just on my way back after escaping the Watford end unscathed. Seen a handful of negativity before posting and amazed at it – I thought we were on the whole very good and did everything but score. Bossed the midfield – Fleck, Norwood and Lundstram completely controlled it. Most possession since the Ipswich game at a guess. But frustratingly we didn’t punish them – wasting every set piece and didn’t trouble Foster at any point, whereas Henderson has had to save the day twice.

The front two didn’t do enough though for me, and McBurnie (like Madine last season) needs to stop dropping to the ground as though shot and use his strengths.

On to Arsenal. I’d start McGoldrick and Mousset for that one.

All united had was long ‘hopeful’ balls Into-the-Box, McBurnie and Robinson did nothing but to be fair they had no service. Midfield so slow and pedestrian with no slick passing, Wilder was shouting “quicker, quicker” defenders looked out of sorts against a (forward line) team who will be relegated! Both wingback never got going down the lines along with bash! all three never took on a defender on.
Lunny... what can I say! Yet still again CW didn’t change the midfield? I must have been watching a different game from Radio Sheffield who said it was great! Keith Edwards said we should have won (what chancers did we have Keith?) Hendo did two great saves to get us a point.
Watford will get relegated so we need to sort things out! Chris usually honest and says what he sees so wait and see what he says!

9pts from 8 games & 12th. should be happy. because it could be worse look at Norwich or even watford. but its very disappointing. thats 2 points dropped as we better team all afternoon. we wont get a easier away game in premier league all season or maybe even next season (if we stay up). we should've won that but to do that we need to get better in that final third. rediscover our shooting boots. because to win you have to score. i felt we couldve been there all night & not scored

but 1 positive thing from the match credit to henderson. deano was fantastic as the sane fans said last week he will save us alot more points than he loses us.

We got a point away from home. His time will come. I think a lot of people are expecting too much.

And it could’ve been 3. His time will come? That’s my point, the best time to use his abilities to change a game was today. When we were dominating possession, with Watford sitting off us, we were crying out for someone to provide a link between midfield and the strikers.

Wilder said last week that we need to take our opportunities when they present themselves. Today was another one of them and instead we’ve decided to be ‘happy with a point’.

Didn’t really deserve more than a point. Not a bad performance by any account.

Not saying that the forwards are shit and not good enough but we didn’t do enough up top today. Billy and Mousset gave us a fresh approach.

I’d like to see Freeman but think that Fleck, Norwood and Lundstram have done nothing wrong so not sure who to swap him for!

Back
Top Bottom