Match Thread Watford v. Sheffield United - 05/10/19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WATF
WATF
WATF

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1570142531527.png v. 1570142539672.png

EPL Week 8 - Saturday 5th October 2019 - Vicarage Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/watford-vs-sheffield-united.472/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Tim Robinson
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 23.38.27.png

We need to win, international break coming up, and we all know we're shit after those.

A win would be a great result going into the international break, considering how poor we are after them and the two games coming up.

These are totally devoid of confidence so let’s get after them from the go

Fuck sake I thought it was Saturday for a minute then !

Reactions: Dkc
Talking about the game there is afeeling of confidence that we are going to win, don't mean in a cocky way although 0-5 was mentioned in the pub last night, I think the confidence around the players after the start of the season and especially the Liverpool game will settle them from the start and should, hopefully see us start with more belief

We ought to be favourites considering the respective starts to the season. Obviously could go either way. I reckon a draw.

3 points from this game and 1 point from Arsenal would be awesome 👍

Just been on the 'Hornets Nest' forum... Be prepared for respect, compliments and Watford fans expecting to lose :confused:

1-1

This one should really suit us.

Watford will see this one as a must win. They'll go for it and we'll get space. The new manager won't be as familiar with us as most.

It would seem a real waste not to start Mousset here. It should be one that suits Robinson more than most though.

Just hope we don't go and play for 0-0 at 60 minutes again because we're due to be bitten.

This will be a battle of which mindset prevails...

Confidence: We should be able to take huge confidence on our away form, joint 3rd best defensive record (only 7goals conceded) and obviously how we played against Liverpool

Vs

Complacency: Playing against the bottom team, away from home, in a smallish stadium whilst potentially being a little fatigued from giving 110% effort last game out.

Any other manager I would be concerned, but I'm sure Wilder will make sure the confidence shines and the complacency is nowhere to be seen...

They desperately need a win and will have to go for it, but as said above that should suit us. Plus their support will get very frustrated, very quickly if we get on top.
I also think our boys will be chomping at the bit after Saturday's ultimately disappointing result.

They do have the individual quality, but in terms of team cohesion and work rate , there really is no comparison. Their defence is shocking too.

Going for an optimistic 1-3. McBurnie, Stevens and Sharp to bag.

Routine 2-0 home win for Watford. Can see us putting in one of those surprise lacklustre performances that we only see on rare occasions. Don't ask me why. Just can sense it coming.

Think we're more likely to pick up points against Arsenal at home than Watford away, despite recent home/away results. Watford are well overdue a win...

Still if we're able to play anywhere near the Liverpool performance we'll be in with a shout. First goal will be massive, if we can get it their fans might turn big time!

I feel a win coming on after Wilder's words last week.
The Bouncebackabilityfactor.
If we lost or drew last season we always came back strongly the next game and that is what I'm expecting

Maybe it's just the pessimistic sheffielder in me, but I've a feeling we'll lose this too :-(

3-1.

Watford just got thumped 8-0 by Citeh, they've not won since April along come United you do the maths. I have a horrible feeling about tomorrow I sincerely hope I'm wrong and, we go on to get a great win but it's just a niggle at the back of my mind. By the laws of averages we should win and win easily, but we are talking about United who don't do things easy or the way they're supposed to.

Would love to see L.Freeman play.

From the start means we are going for it.

After an hour means we are going for the win or fighting for a draw/win.

I.M.O. while we play the flat 3 in midfield we are compromising our playing style.

I think this is our toughest trip since the opening day, both Everton and Chelsea displayed before hand a just have to turn up to beat these attitude, Watford you can tell don’t have that attitude, they know this is a must win otherwise they are in deep trouble at the bottom.

If you offered me a draw now from this one I would snatch your hand off.

1 - 1 Sharp with the goal .

Haven’t got a prediction correct thus far. Come on you Blades

0-1 McBurnie first half. Proper boring game 😁

Looking forward to seeing Billy and Mcburnie combining. Is Lunny going to put even one foot wrong this season ? If we can get our first first half goal they are there for the taking with confidence low and crowd on their backs.briliant save from hendo nailed on. I believe in this team. No time for seeing disaster round every corner. Save that for Man City away. 2-0 Blades. ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

2 0 blades. Don’t care who scores or in what minute just bring home them 3 points lads and lets keep our tremendous unbeaten away record going

Back
Top Bottom