Roy's View From... View From Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They were shit blah blah blah..... we were crap blah blah blah......worst game of prem footie ever blah di blah blah blah ....... This has never been said before .....how original!!!

Can’t wait to play a team that turn up, been fed up watching us play a team full of Hammond's over the past 3 seasons. 4 points out of 6? We just got lucky with the fixtures... 👀😂😂

“I was going to get a ticket but left it too late”
....... of course you were pal. Of course you were :rolleyes:

What he really meant to say was: "I knew this fixture was happening since June and had two to three weeks to get myself a ticket. I also knew the tickets hadn't sold out but I am just a complete melt who likes to make excuses and watch it on TV instead so I can chat bollocks on my vlog."

Better team won today but they are nothing special

“Arguably our worst performance since promotion and they just managed to win. They are fighting for survival that’s for sure.” “Out-muscled and outfought by a team totally up for it.”

“Today has to be one of our worst performances in years against an extremely limited Sheffield United side”

“Worse performance I can recall for a long time . Passive , Pedestrian , no movement , no quality , out fought .”

“The club is a mess. What a shocking performance against an extremely average side.”

Well no surprises we have heard all this shite before in League one and the Championship let's hope the pattern continues. Well actually there are a few surprises not one of them said they prefer that lot in S6 and not one of them gives us any credit above being hard working and organised it's all about how bad they were.

A lot of this bitterness is understandable. 2k+ of them have paid good money to come up on a Sunday - when they could have stayed home and watched it in the pub. Also, a lot of fans live in a bubble, seeking out the company of similarly feeble-minded delusionals - like Chansiri Wednesday - so they don't get/refuse to see the bigger picture.

There's a couple of references to Norwich in there:

“Look at Norwich and Sheffield United, when a player has a ball, the rest of the team are making good runs forward, providing options and creating overlaps. We didn’t do that once today, completely clueless going forward." and plenty putting it down to 'newly-promoted teams' having more 'desire' etc.

Is that it? Will Palace have it easy at ManYoo next week because the Reds aren't newly promoted? They're totally missing the point. The obvious difference is being up against (fairly) young, adaptable, imaginative managers who aren't set in their ways. People like Wilder and Farke. TBF, a lot of Palace fans lay the blame firmly at Hodgson's door on their forums (but one longed for the days when Pulis was their manager...)

The truth is a lot of managers have had their day and the modern game has passed them by (and yet - inexplicably - they keep getting hired by similarly myopic clubs).
Bruce and Hodgson to be sacked very soon. Or - as any Palace fan might have said...

Can’t deny it..they were pretty shit. Thanks Roy
:D

To be honest, even allowing for the expected fan bitterness (come on, we all do it) I didn't think we played all that great either.

I thought we showed a lot of smarts, determination and some good stuff in patches but it was also important to get a good result and that was what was achieved.

We're not going to get a lot of credit, and to be honest, we're amongst a pile of clubs of moderate ability. But like everyone else I'll get a great deal of satisfaction if/when we ram it back down their throats.

With due derference to Roy I took the quotes below from another PL club's forum this evening - not a club either we or Palace have any rivalry with. I'd be interested to know if anyone can guess whose fans these are:

"I'd heard lots of good things about Sheffield United. That they had changed their style of play and now play good football. Looks like the same type of rough em up and kick him off the park type football to me. Not much finesse to their play."

"Exactly what I was thinking some thuggish tackling going on"

"I’m by no means a football snob, but this is no different to watching a championship game"

"Something quite Warnockesque about both these teams. Everyone putting some kind of shift in. McBurnie £20m? Ok"

"Palace are crap Sheffield United kicked them all over the park but they didn't show any fight at all"

"Villa are the new Fulham, Sheff u the new Cardiff . Will just spend all season kicking people and time wasting with 25 to go"
Interesting how others see it, maybe a couple of tackles of note but "kicked them all over the park " is a load of nonsense. I'd guess Leicester City

“Outfought and outplayed! They had so much desire and fight that we weren’t just losing out on the second ball but the third fourth and fifth!

There was one moment in the 2nd half when they put a dangerous free kick deep into our box. We won the first header to the edge of the box, the 2nd header and the third to send it out for a throw on the 1/2 way line and I thought just what this guy typed. Poor stuff from Palace really and demonstrated that we had more desire.

They were shit yesterday and there will be plenty more tests to come I think

I posted this same comment after the Bournemouth game, "you are as good as your are allowed to play" and we closed them down every time they tried to do something with the ball.

Great tactical game from Sir(s) Chris and Alan

“Arguably our worst performance since promotion and they just managed to win. They are fighting for survival that’s for sure."

Drinking this up. So bitter, so yummy.

So familiar
How can you be fighting for anything in August? Some ridiculous comments, but not unexpected from one of the most boring clubs in the Premier League.

You have to feel sorry for Zaha imagine how many goals he could score if he played for the Blades instead of that shambles.
zaha was pissing me off then i realised he was their only hope and was carrying the whole team poor lad

Interesting how others see it, maybe a couple of tackles of note but "kicked them all over the park " is a load of nonsense. I'd guess Leicester City

The comments I posted earlier were from a Wolves forum. That makes it worse.

I have nothing at all against Wolves, even allowing for 2003, in fact I'm favourably disposed to them. A historic club from an unfashionable area - well, I say unfashionable, Wolverhampton makes Rotherham look like Harrogate in comparison, but Wolves have quickly forgotten where they came from.

They have been incredibly lucky to win the Football Owner Lottery, but now it looks like their fanbase has transformed into Chelsea's with a sneering attitude to the way other teams have to go about their business. "Not much finesse " This is a club whose fans still revere Steve Bull.

It doesn't matter, of course it doesn't, but how quickly they judge.

To leave the final word to Tom Stade: "I've been living in a little town called Wolverhampton. I remember driving in for the first time and I saw everybody in their tracksuits. And I thought 'goddam' this place is really healthy"

Were they crap or was it because we made them play crap. The latter is spot on. Maybe as the season goes on the opposition fans just might start to say we are a quality side UTB FTP

Thanks Roy

At any level of football "earn the right to play" and we did that. A few of theirs didn't have the stomach to win their battles and and all of ours did. After 70 mins I said this is game over, they're gone. Their lump balls into our area we won 1st, 2nd & sometimes 3rd ball.

I actually felt sorry for Zaha
you can see why he wants to leave.. it's not so much that he is after a bigger club i dont' think. i reckon he just wants to be at a club where he can just get on with his game and not have to carry the entire outfit.. their entire tactics seemed to be give it to Zaha and hope he pulls off a piece of magic

yeah.. that's right ;)

Seems they are a tad embarrassed by there performance, I don't blame them especially after giving it the big'un all week

Wll that's that sorted we will play 19 teams twice over the season and, each time we play them they will each have their worst game of season against us bollox.

Back
Top Bottom