Timetable and targets for Wilder not to get sacked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would rather get relegated and be back in the Championship WITH Wilder & staff, than stay in the Premier League having sacked Wilder.

Sacking Wilder would be a betrayal to the greatest and most unique connection between Manager and Supporters this club has ever seen.

Sack him at your peril. The fans would walk.

I would rather get relegated and be back in the Championship WITH Wilder & staff, than stay in the Premier League having sacked Wilder.

Sacking Wilder would be a betrayal to the greatest and most unique connection between Manager and Supporters this club has ever seen.

Sack him at your peril. The fans would walk.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This a million times over. We may need to come back to it when all the knees start a jerking!

I fell for it again. A thread title about sacking Wilder, just after what he's achieved? Then I saw the date of the first post.

Utter shite! Even If we’re marooned at the bottom 20 points adrift..... we should never consider getting rid of Chris Wilder. If he wants leave is another matter. After donkeys years in the wilderness (no pun intended) he’s the only one to get this “rusty old tractor”
moving forward again. Both Bassett and Warnock got us promoted but nowhere near as stylish as Wilder.

The saddest thing is seeing names like seanbeanstattoo, always enjoyed his posts, funny how quick we forget folk.

Depending on who wins the Playoff final we will be in the mix with the bookies as favourites to go down but I for one dont care, Wilder has been a breath of fresh air that has normalised football again, the players arent too big for the club or their country when they get the opportunity and he has shown how to do it. Lets enjoy the ride and if we stay up then well thats just great.

he managed a team that got 99 points last season,let's see what the transfer window brings...we're all pissed off and hurting,but cmon,give the guy a break....
Fuck me,the voice of reason;)

Wilder gets a new 5 year deal and I don’t give a fuck if we get relegated.

He’s got a monumental task ahead keeping us in the Premier League whilst keeping the clubs finances secure. But I believe he can do it and if he doesn’t, we go again next year !
Totally with you Rob, but I don't think it'll be up to us. CW/AK have crept into the Premiership pretty much under the radar until these last few months - it's been a long road from Halifax to the Promised Land and all of a sudden Tufty is a borderline folk hero and named as the best manager this side of Alpha Centurii. The secret is out of the bag and there's not a club in the land who wouldn't consider giving him a contract. If the board don't give him the support he feels he needs, if we go straight back down or if one of the big six comes knocking it's difficult to see a self acknowledged "ambitious man" sticking around too long.

We just need to hope that they get the boardroom and the budget right, that he can land his transfer targets and that we fly next season!

Totally with you Rob, but I don't think it'll be up to us. CW/AK have crept into the Premiership pretty much under the radar until these last few months - it's been a long road from Halifax to the Promised Land and all of a sudden Tufty is a borderline folk hero and named as the best manager this side of Alpha Centurii. The secret is out of the bag and there's not a club in the land who wouldn't consider giving him a contract. If the board don't give him the support he feels he needs, if we go straight back down or if one of the big six comes knocking it's difficult to see a self acknowledged "ambitious man" sticking around too long.

We just need to hope that they get the boardroom and the budget right, that he can land his transfer targets and that we fly next season!
Look, if the big dogs come calling and we can’t do anything then that’s fine. No issue with that and I’d wish him well.

But personally I think he needs to keep us up and maybe push us into the 2nd league in the Premier League (6th to 12th ish) before he’ll get poached by a club worth going too. Not convinced he’d move to a Brighton or Burnley etc. when he’s got solid roots in Sheffield.

Unless, as you say, the boardroom issues aren’t sorted or the ownership changes and someone (al la that Van Winkle chap) starts meddling in what he’s doing, he may walk.

My “I’d be done” comment is if we come back down and he gets sacked. I’d seriously consider keeping my season ticket.

If the big six ever want Wilder then fair enough

But If he leaves for Watford, Brighton, Southampton, Palace or anybody other than the big clubs the boardroom want fucking with the blunt end of a ragmans trumpet

Have absolutely nothing personal against him and would love him to succeed but as we all know its a results based business and we can't let sentimentality get in the way if removing him from his position is the right thing to do of course. On the plus side he seems a man of integrity so may well fall on his sword and not take compensation should things fail.

Obviously he needs time and support which is ironic considering the title of this thread but I think we should break this season into small chunks to see where we are. Others might disagree but I'd go with something like this:

Whatever happens he should get at least six more league games but if after then, either at that point or any other point beyond that, we are in the relegation zone he should go. If we are in the lower bottom half by Christmas and we have an adequate replacement and January plan he should go.

I would hope that there are some contingency plans in place for a new manager as club protocol. Personally I would go for a manager who has recent league 1 success and experience such as Chris Powell or Steve Cotterill.

But as I said, I REALLY hope it doesn't come to this but having been today we are a side that has too many poor league one players, and when you have poor league one players coupled with poor tactics you finish in a poor position in league one which is not acceptable considering the budget and pre-season expectation. Despite the problems (both on and off the pitch, for another thread) we can't allow a Micky Adams 2 and this squad should not be relegation material, but sadly this feels very like history repeating itself.

Let's hope he and the playing staff can turn things around, and fast. In the meantime as challenging as it is let's try to do as much as we can to support them.

UTB
This is a fucking wind up I hope. If not, jesus fucking christ!!!!

This is a fucking wind up I hope. If not, jesus fucking christ!!!!

You made the same mistake as me, I am sat here wondering if the whole fan base has lost its mind, then I saw this was thread started in 2016....

I had a cup of tea and chilled back out.

On this day three years ago we were bottom of league one with 1 point from 4 games having just lost to Millwall in the last minute.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37067537

:eek:
And then a certain player entered the mix and didn’t exit it until we were top of the Championship a mere 15 months later.

As influential a role as there has most probably ever been at our club.

The debt of gratitude owed by us all is incalculable.

UTB

Day Zero of the Revolution
In the beginning God created the 3:4:1:2 formation, with over lapping centre backs, heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the pitch.

And God said, “Let there be Coutts” and then there was light at the end of the tunnel. God saw that Coutts was good, and he separated the light from the Shyte. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

The genesis 👏

UTB

I don't care if we go down this season "WE CANNOT AND MUST NOT SACK OR CHANGE THE MANGER"
There I've said it and will stick by that statement. Changing manager DOES NOT WORK. If this club has a problem IT IS NOT THE MANAGER.
Can you all just back Wilder for at least three years and let's see where we are. It's the only hope we have.
Probably my proudest ever comment on this forum.

You made the same mistake as me, I am sat here wondering if the whole fan base has lost its mind, then I saw this was thread started in 2016....

I had a cup of tea and chilled back out.
Am gonna have to do the same only with something stronger. That completely flabbered my gasp for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom