Timetable and targets for Wilder not to get sacked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have absolutely nothing personal against him and would love him to succeed but as we all know its a results based business and we can't let sentimentality get in the way if removing him from his position is the right thing to do of course. On the plus side he seems a man of integrity so may well fall on his sword and not take compensation should things fail.

Obviously he needs time and support which is ironic considering the title of this thread but I think we should break this season into small chunks to see where we are. Others might disagree but I'd go with something like this:

Whatever happens he should get at least six more league games but if after then, either at that point or any other point beyond that, we are in the relegation zone he should go. If we are in the lower bottom half by Christmas and we have an adequate replacement and January plan he should go.

I would hope that there are some contingency plans in place for a new manager as club protocol. Personally I would go for a manager who has recent league 1 success and experience such as Chris Powell or Steve Cotterill.

But as I said, I REALLY hope it doesn't come to this but having been today we are a side that has too many poor league one players, and when you have poor league one players coupled with poor tactics you finish in a poor position in league one which is not acceptable considering the budget and pre-season expectation. Despite the problems (both on and off the pitch, for another thread) we can't allow a Micky Adams 2 and this squad should not be relegation material, but sadly this feels very like history repeating itself.

Let's hope he and the playing staff can turn things around, and fast. In the meantime as challenging as it is let's try to do as much as we can to support them.

UTB
What an astonishing thread! If Wilder can't do it then no one can do it. That's what I think anyhow. It won't be down to him if we don't succeed. Hasn't put a foot wrong for me and it'll be a sad day if he's made a scapegoat for them upstairs not backing him. Personally I think we've made a positive start. We've been shown to lack a bit of quality and pace against two of the best teams in this division but nothing alarming and nothing we didn't know or can't fix.

EDIT: just realised this thread is from August 2016!

What an astonishing thread! If Wilder can't do it then no one can do it. That's what I think anyhow. It won't be down to him if we don't succeed. Hasn't put a foot wrong for me and it'll be a sad day if he's made a scapegoat for them upstairs not backing him. Personally I think we've made a positive start. We've been shown to lack a bit of quality and pace against two of the best teams in this division but nothing alarming and nothing we didn't know or can't fix.

EDIT: just realised this thread is from August 2016!

Is this real???

Has worzel gummage got a spare head missing....

We have 6 points more than this time last season in the fucking championship...

Oh I got trolled too xx

I think as long as we stay clear of a relegation fight he deserves to stay, though worried about where things will go without some more arrivals here's hoping

Uber cunt of a post rehashing this....

May your family be plagued with locust and your crotch with syphillis...

As you wish, though the point is to actually have a laugh at my own expense at how silly this post was at the time and to remind people how quickly things can change.

I'm very frustrated as well don't get me wrong, however let's see where we are after the window shuts

UTB

Have absolutely nothing personal against him and would love him to succeed but as we all know its a results based business and we can't let sentimentality get in the way if removing him from his position is the right thing to do of course. On the plus side he seems a man of integrity so may well fall on his sword and not take compensation should things fail.

Obviously he needs time and support which is ironic considering the title of this thread but I think we should break this season into small chunks to see where we are. Others might disagree but I'd go with something like this:

Whatever happens he should get at least six more league games but if after then, either at that point or any other point beyond that, we are in the relegation zone he should go. If we are in the lower bottom half by Christmas and we have an adequate replacement and January plan he should go.

I would hope that there are some contingency plans in place for a new manager as club protocol. Personally I would go for a manager who has recent league 1 success and experience such as Chris Powell or Steve Cotterill.

But as I said, I REALLY hope it doesn't come to this but having been today we are a side that has too many poor league one players, and when you have poor league one players coupled with poor tactics you finish in a poor position in league one which is not acceptable considering the budget and pre-season expectation. Despite the problems (both on and off the pitch, for another thread) we can't allow a Micky Adams 2 and this squad should not be relegation material, but sadly this feels very like history repeating itself.

Let's hope he and the playing staff can turn things around, and fast. In the meantime as challenging as it is let's try to do as much as we can to support them.

UTB
to talk about Wilder and his timeline for the sack after 1 game suggests to me that you are mentally ill.

UTB
wtf is this? i mean really?
wilder stays even if we get relegated with 0 points
edit ah it’s an old post

fuck it my opinion still stands

Would be interested to read opinions on this now we are in the Prem, if we are struggling way off the pace by Christmas....nah let's not even go there.

Would be interested to read opinions on this now we are in the Prem, if we are struggling way off the pace by Christmas....nah let's not even go there.
It’ll be interesting to read the opinions of some on here if we are struggling and way off pace by the end of August...like the past 3 seasons.

I don't care if we go down this season "WE CANNOT AND MUST NOT SACK OR CHANGE THE MANGER"
There I've said it and will stick by that statement. Changing manager DOES NOT WORK. If this club has a problem IT IS NOT THE MANAGER.
Can you all just back Wilder for at least three years and let's see where we are. It's the only hope we have.
A belated well said Sir! You get the award for the most common sense and logical historical post that turned out to be even more common sense and logical than you could possibly have envisaged back then...unless you’re Dr Who? ;)

I just hope nobody posts something like this come September, I will put on the record now, regardless what happens next season we should NOT sack wilder, if it wasn't for him and knill not only would we be not be in the premiership but I truly believe that we would still be in league 1, it would be impossible for him to turn into a bad manager in just 8 months, I pray that this is just the start of the magnificent wilder era.

As a few have said pointless to sack him as we are going to be no better off with a replacement unless it is Warnock or Rumplestiltskin who can spin straw into gold.

Not Wilders fault, he should never have been appointed to start with for a team in League one, a division he had never managed in and then to be hamstrung by a pathetic board.

I have already resigned myself that we are going down this season, Wilder at least knows League two from which we absolutely must bounce back at the first attempt.

Clueless as ever.

Is the original post a piss take? Ahh just noticed its from 2016, thats aged well!

It’ll be interesting to read the opinions of some on here if we are struggling and way off pace by the end of August...like the past 3 seasons.

Indeed - although Y1 & Y3 proved to be poor starts because initial teams picked had deficiencies in key positions. Wilder/Knill appear very quick to realise errors in selection and move to fix it immediately. Think this year the core team is settled, so hopefully we can put a few points on the board before we turn to September.

It will certainly be a testing time for some of our regular moaners...............sorry, posters and the pigs masquerading as Blades !

UTB

Indeed - although Y1 & Y3 proved to be poor starts because initial teams picked had deficiencies in key positions. Wilder/Knill appear very quick to realise errors in selection and move to fix it immediately. Think this year the core team is settled, so hopefully we can put a few points on the board before we turn to September.

It will certainly be a testing time for some of our regular moaners...............sorry, posters and the pigs masquerading as Blades !

UTB
Testing indeed, although some seem to be taking a sabbatical, so maybe they will come back refreshed and ready for our first defeat.

Wilder gets a new 5 year deal and I don’t give a fuck if we get relegated.

He’s got a monumental task ahead keeping us in the Premier League whilst keeping the clubs finances secure. But I believe he can do it and if he doesn’t, we go again next year !

Back
Top Bottom