Timetable and targets for Wilder not to get sacked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well its been six games since this timetable was set and I think its fair to say he's met the required target after ten games ;)

Keep it up Chris! :D Its been a pleasure to watch recently

Whilst I never called for him to be sacked, I'm so happy things have moved away from my original post of gloom, and Fleck has gone from anonymous to outstanding :)

Have absolutely nothing personal against him and would love him to succeed but as we all know its a results based business and we can't let sentimentality get in the way if removing him from his position is the right thing to do of course. On the plus side he seems a man of integrity so may well fall on his sword and not take compensation should things fail.

Obviously he needs time and support which is ironic considering the title of this thread but I think we should break this season into small chunks to see where we are. Others might disagree but I'd go with something like this:

Whatever happens he should get at least six more league games but if after then, either at that point or any other point beyond that, we are in the relegation zone he should go. If we are in the lower bottom half by Christmas and we have an adequate replacement and January plan he should go.

I would hope that there are some contingency plans in place for a new manager as club protocol. Personally I would go for a manager who has recent league 1 success and experience such as Chris Powell or Steve Cotterill.

But as I said, I REALLY hope it doesn't come to this but having been today we are a side that has too many poor league one players, and when you have poor league one players coupled with poor tactics you finish in a poor position in league one which is not acceptable considering the budget and pre-season expectation. Despite the problems (both on and off the pitch, for another thread) we can't allow a Micky Adams 2 and this squad should not be relegation material, but sadly this feels very like history repeating itself.

Let's hope he and the playing staff can turn things around, and fast. In the meantime as challenging as it is let's try to do as much as we can to support them.

UTB
I read this and thought 'What planet are you on?' then I saw the date you posted it!!
It's the second time I've done that today.

I don't care if we go down this season "WE CANNOT AND MUST NOT SACK OR CHANGE THE MANGER"
There I've said it and will stick by that statement. Changing manager DOES NOT WORK. If this club has a problem IT IS NOT THE MANAGER.
Can you all just back Wilder for at least three years and let's see where we are. It's the only hope we have.
Sometimes one can look back and feel rather smug

Whoosh XD

Delighted that my fears (and those of others) haven't been realized, we haven't won anything yet but again enjoying another Saturday UTB!

I don't care if we go down this season "WE CANNOT AND MUST NOT SACK OR CHANGE THE MANGER"
There I've said it and will stick by that statement. Changing manager DOES NOT WORK. If this club has a problem IT IS NOT THE MANAGER.
Can you all just back Wilder for at least three years and let's see where we are. It's the only hope we have.
Not to blow my own trumpet, but for once I called it :)

Can I ask what's the point of bringing all these old post back up?

Have we nothing else going on at the moment to grab our attention?

A thread of total knee jerkery proportions

how fast can we get rid of someone

In fairness, I didn't say or think we should get rid of him and didn't get on his back at that moment, just remember walking out vs. Millwall saying 'this team could be going down' and felt things were serious enough that a post like this was merited.

Its a nice reminder of how far we've come!

A year ago today we had just lost to Millwall and were sitting at the bottom of league 1 with 1 point from 4 games.

Now we are in the top half of the championship :D

Have absolutely nothing personal against him and would love him to succeed but as we all know its a results based business and we can't let sentimentality get in the way if removing him from his position is the right thing to do of course. On the plus side he seems a man of integrity so may well fall on his sword and not take compensation should things fail.

Obviously he needs time and support which is ironic considering the title of this thread but I think we should break this season into small chunks to see where we are. Others might disagree but I'd go with something like this:

Whatever happens he should get at least six more league games but if after then, either at that point or any other point beyond that, we are in the relegation zone he should go. If we are in the lower bottom half by Christmas and we have an adequate replacement and January plan he should go.

I would hope that there are some contingency plans in place for a new manager as club protocol. Personally I would go for a manager who has recent league 1 success and experience such as Chris Powell or Steve Cotterill.

But as I said, I REALLY hope it doesn't come to this but having been today we are a side that has too many poor league one players, and when you have poor league one players coupled with poor tactics you finish in a poor position in league one which is not acceptable considering the budget and pre-season expectation. Despite the problems (both on and off the pitch, for another thread) we can't allow a Micky Adams 2 and this squad should not be relegation material, but sadly this feels very like history repeating itself.

Let's hope he and the playing staff can turn things around, and fast. In the meantime as challenging as it is let's try to do as much as we can to support them.

UTB

Fucking stupid post

UTB

Never happpen

Is this a joke post?? .....if this happens then it's because of lack of support from the board, if he got sacked without have a pot to piss in in terms of layers in, then there would be up roar.

Another negative what if, would it be possible post, what a load of crap.

[/QUOTE]

See date of opening post......

OK - Here we go...........

Neil Warnock was a Blade and a half decent manager who over a relatively short period, stabilised the club and built a team capable of getting promoted.

Ask yourself a question of the Blade in charge now.

IS HE POTENTIALLY BETTER THAN NEIL WARNOCK?

If that answer is YES, then there is no end game with Wilder - we keep him for 4,5,6,7 years and let him build.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom