The enigma that is Paul Coutts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was too good for Oxford today. He barely gave the ball away once.

...and when he did he showed great tenacity to win back the 30/70 second ball.

Think again Tufty. If you need a midfield sale surely someone will take the lanky Montgomery and Little Louis, thereby ensuring a midfield of average height....

Keep Coutts. Quality Counts.

I honestly don't get the recent Hype, sure he looks composed on the ball but never looks like hes gonna play that killer pass or make a great run, also very slow and not that interested in chasing the ball back. And he slows the game down far too much for my liking, he was decent but not amazing

All 3 for me ,with a 3-5-2
Moore
Wilson-Wright-OConnell
Freeman-Coutts-Basham-Fleck- Duffy
Sharp-Done

possibly - although it all depends on which formation CW wants to play.

Have always liked Basham, but for me ONLY in a 5 - just think he isn't gifted enough with the ball in a 4.

Coutts shows all the attributes (in this present squad) for that central role, so Bash would be after Fleck and Coutt.s

UITB

One of his best games, maybe just maybe he's getting a bit of confidence back in his own Mind about his own body, I even saw him make some challenges today and his distribution was top notch, we have to add the caveat that Oxford did not not have a combination of fast moving midfielders which is where he can get found out with his lack of pace but very encouraging signs.

Probably this for me. I want to see three in central midfield who can dominate possession with wingers either side providing genuine width.

Moore

Freeman Wilson Wright O'Connell

Coutts Basham Fleck

Duffy Sharp Chapman

Lavery would be perfect in Chapman's position there. Done looked lively today too so he's another option.

If we can get a quality midfielder in we could have outstanding options to help us retain possession and play through midfield.

I thought both coutts and Freeman seemed to have bulked up a bit from last season, I know this thread is about coutts but I really dont rate Freeman, I know why he is playing but I hope we have someone better.

A lot better from Coutts today in terms of tenacity. He broke into space at one point and instead of driving at the defence and maybe getting a shot off he decided to try and ping one to Done at the back stick. The lad just needs to grow a bigger bollox.

Coutts is not that slow. I'd back him in a sprint against our other central midfielders.

Probably this for me. I want to see three in central midfield who can dominate possession with wingers either side providing genuine width.

Moore

Freeman Wilson Wright O'Connell

Coutts Basham Fleck

Duffy Sharp Chapman

Lavery would be perfect in Chapman's position there. Done looked lively today too so he's another option.

If we can get a quality midfielder in we could have outstanding options to help us retain possession and play through midfield.

Still need that dominant centre-back. The Lynchpin. The Numero Uno. The Big Cheese. The King of the Hill.

Anyone knowing even a tiny bit about football would recognise he was, by any measure, on a different level to everyone on the park toneet.

Because he doesn't eat lightning and crap thunder, many will be critical.

Funny old game !

UTB

He had a good game and played some nice passes.

their midfield bossed it in the centre tho, he needs a battler next to him

They couldn't get the ball off him.

He was key to us keeping the ball, had we not done that in certain periods of the game we would've probably conceded - we should've done anyway.

He has been our best player since he started against Oxford. Like a new signing.

Beginning to change my mind about him. Good use of the ball all night. showed some strength and is doing very well.

Transformed from what he showed last season

I think he's shit and should be replaced. No end product and let's men run off him in midfield. Doesn't get back, or if he does he fouls because he's lazy.

Oh I think you're missing the point Danny. I thought I would take the opportunity to single a player out when for the first time in a long time we have a 'team' working and playing for each other. Just thought I would see what it feels like to do it when we are winning, not good.

See the Billy thread.

Not really an enigma. He's gone from being utter garbage to being bang average.

Progress I suppose....

Still need that dominant centre-back. The Lynchpin. The Numero Uno. The Big Cheese. The King of the Hill.

Very rarely agree with this guy because he usually talks bollocks, but he was right as the arrival of the EEL and the simultaneous emergence of the real JOC demonstrates...

Still a pointless player for me. Doesn't score, doesn't assist often and is still prone to being knackered and/or lazy.

Back
Top Bottom