THANK YOU MARK DUFFY

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mark these words.

This departure will unsettle a few of our players that have shared this journey with MD. One or two in particular.

But I echo what the OP states. The most richly deserved GLTTL I can recall. Well since the other 1/3rd of the trinity left a few weeks ago anyways 😞.

UTB

All the best Mark.

Will forever be remembered by anyone who watched him here.

I'd never seen anyone play football the way he does in a Blades shirt. Before he arrived it was a forlorn hope to have someone who could do what he does.

We all know that the midfield trio of him, Coutts and Fleck, more than everything but Chris Wilder himself, marked the beginning of this new, successful Sheffield United. But without Duffy's proper football brain and seemingly effortless mastery in his specific role, it could not have happened. He was a huge catalyst.

And that goal at Hillsborough...... well. My favourite ever game and that was the cherry on the cake.

Shame it's ended like this but it'll be nothing but a footnote.

A moment that has gone down in Blades folklore and will be talked about for years to come. No better accolade than that.

Wonderfully gifted player whose reading of the game was never fully appreciated.

That goal was poetry in motion. Hope he does it again at the Sty this season. For any Stoke fans viewing this play to his strengths at number 10 and you've got a quality player.

Only 1/3rd of the Holy Trinity left now. Concerned that we have not been grooming his successor in pre season games. 3-4-1-2 is the way.

Duff I hope you read this board because the love that pours out for you from the Blades fanbase is total.

Most fans wish you had your chance. Whenever you were not in the team our families heart sank.

But from the bottom of my heart and 100's like me, thanks for 3 great years, my kids are not young but I must have turned to them over 200 x at least and smiled to them in recognition of pure skill that you bestowed upon us. A drop of the shoulder, a wriggle, a move the ball and see the opponent on his bum, TC is my greatest pleasure but WOW WOW WOW you were brilliant.

I hope you can do it at Stoke for a couple of years thanks thanks and thanks again from us all - you were a pleasure. And the goal no one will ever forget that.

Good Luck Duff.

Wish he was 5 years younger, if he plays a blinder for Stoke next season and they get promoted I wonder if they'll sign him on again

Been my favourite player these past 3 years, so wish him nothing but the best. We all pay our money and take our chance, so only time will tell if it's the right move for both him and us. Time doesn't stand still though, so onwards and upwards. UTB
Been my fav too. Had to defend him on many occasions but we all knew this day was coming. At least you can have another crack at silencing our porcine “friends” again.

Played a huge part in our success over the past 3 years and I’m absolutely gutted that his stay has come to an end in this fashion. When Duff left it should have been through the front door with his head held high. This just all feels all wrong. Really, really sad way to end his career with us.

Good luck MD and gutted we won't get to see you in the premier, feels like the we are losing some of the individual connections that have made this journey so special to this point. Sure this could have been handled better but hopefully both him and of course the blades go on to continue the great run, albeit at different pastures, and the positive memories (that f'ing goal) will make this unfortunate end a mere footnote in his time with sufc

Enjoyed watching you Mark. Must be a nightmare to play against. Loved your twists and turns and turning defenders inside out. I’ll miss watching you week in week out.
One of my favourite ever Blades players.

Good luck for the future

Reet metalblade. I'm incensed Duffy has gone. I think wilder has made a mistake, a big one. Hence the "dick" comment. It's my personal opinion. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with it but please leave out the insults old chap.
Apologies for the personal comments but you're reply wound me up big time. I've no problem debating anything I post if approached in a mellow way.

Feel sad that he’s left...one of my favourite Blades player in the past 40 plus years.

If he ever returns......he’ll get an amazing great reception from us Blades.....he may be gone but never forgotten.

Been my favourite player these past 3 years, so wish him nothing but the best. We all pay our money and take our chance, so only time will tell if it's the right move for both him and us. Time doesn't stand still though, so onwards and upwards. UTB
I’ve watched that clip that many times, I’m surprised it hasn’t got scratches on it like that football match on Harry Enfield. Mark Duffy is ‘Charles Charlie Charles’ looks like the ball is glued to his feet.

I am confident that when it's all going TU and midfield is failing to yet again link with the forwards we will we hear the first chant of "There's only one Mark Duffy". In fact just for a laugh, as I'm nearer the action this season I might just be tempted with a cheeky shout of "Nah then Wilder, get Duffy on". (swiftly followed by ejection from ground and season ticket placed strategically up arse).

Reet metalblade. I'm incensed Duffy has gone. I think wilder has made a mistake, a big one. Hence the "dick" comment. It's my personal opinion. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with it but please leave out the insults old chap.
Apologies for the personal comments but you're reply wound me up big time. I've no problem debating anything I post if approached in a mellow way.
Well I think it is Duffy that has made the mistake hence the don't talk shit (my personal opinion) comment we will just have to disagree, I also disagree that I have said anything insulting unlike your good self. Just put me on ignore I don't really care, I have better things to occupy my time.

Back
Top Bottom