Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I really do not know what’s happened to Norwood in such a short space of time. He must have directly cost us about 5 goals this season. Not only that, but his delivery is generally awful too - much prefer Fleck on set pieces to be honest.

For those saying get rid in the summer, it’ll be hard as he signed a new deal last year. I’d guess he’s in the top 3/5 earners at the club. He was allegedly on around £25k a week when he came. Probably pushing £40k now - who’s going to match that and pay a fee?
All wages take a 50% cut next season.

I really do not know what’s happened to Norwood in such a short space of time. He must have directly cost us about 5 goals this season. Not only that, but his delivery is generally awful too - much prefer Fleck on set pieces to be honest.

For those saying get rid in the summer, it’ll be hard as he signed a new deal last year. I’d guess he’s in the top 3/5 earners at the club. He was allegedly on around £25k a week when he came. Probably pushing £40k now - who’s going to match that and pay a fee?
Have you not ever thought why his previous clubs binned him when they were promoted? 🤨

Not Good Enough....

At the moment he has to play, because of Wilder's stubbornness with the flat 3. There's no one else to come in. This begs the question even more why we're not playing with a number 10, which would ease the problem.

Next year though Norwood will be here. He's proved it time and time again at Championship level and hopefully his confidence will come back as we'll have the bulk of posession. Not only that, but with Lundstram and Berge leaving it would be stupid to let another midfielder go.

Bogle? 🤣🤣 He’s a converted winger who’s strength is pace running forward with great dribbling ability and an eye for goal, but you want him to sit in front of our 3 CB’s and spray passes? God give me strength!
He is a good footballer with the vision to play left right or central. Attacking or defense.
Our system rotates everyone in a game and so doesn't use standard positions such as wingers, hence his skills are not maximised. Oli is a tiny player, but on song he has the foresight to spot the threat and cover the back 3 when they have gone forward, or the intelligence to supplement the attack when possible.
Jayden seems to have the same level of intelligence but allied to his speed It might make a difference to pierce the PL defences that we need. Oli only really works when Fleck is protecting him and buying the extra second for Oli to make the pass. Ben has been good, but doesn't have the same instinct to protect as Fleck does, so only buys a split second extra. It is why Wilder has to change the pivot system if either of the midfield are not working. Though, then the entire team have to revert back to standard positions, which some Are slow to do.

Have another look at our losses in the 2nd half of last season!

Norwood isn't the only culprit though:
Stevens is also on my hit list 🤨
So tynemouth a midfielder who cost us 2 million struggled towards the end of his first full season in the premier league against Pogba and Kante etc and our free signing from Portsmouth also struggled towards the end of the season too (despite many saying he was the second best left back behind Robinson for the first half). What exactly do you expect and where's the credit due to the efforts these guys put in the previous seasons?

So tynemouth a midfielder who cost us 2 million struggled towards the end of his first full season in the premier league against Pogba and Kante etc and our free signing from Portsmouth also struggled towards the end of the season too (despite many saying he was the second best left back behind Robinson for the first half). What exactly do you expect and where's the credit due to the efforts these guys put in the previous seasons?
And there lies the problem:
Players who are just not good enough for the EPL!

Individually no maybe not, collectively yes 9th if fully fit and firing. Unfortunately it was always going to catch up with us.
Last season we overachieved spectacularly and despite some dramatic results post lockdown the cracks were already there to be seen, with the Southampton game showing that even Wilder knew what was needed. In fact he said as much in his post match interview!
So it was obvious back then that the players who had got us promoted and subsequently got us to the dizzy heights of the EPL position we experienced, were not good enough to carry us forward in the future!
Unfortunately our finances and recruitment strategy have led us to where we are now.

Have another look at our losses in the 2nd half of last season!

Norwood isn't the only culprit though:
Stevens is also on my hit list 🤨
The easiest way to put it is first half of the season team's looked for ways to nullify our media hyped overlapping CBs. 2nd half of the season teams focused instead on targeting our biggest weakness. Our central midfield.. as they say, the rest is history

The easiest way to put it is first half of the season team's looked for ways to nullify our media hyped overlapping CBs. 2nd half of the season teams focused instead on targeting our biggest weakness. Our central midfield.. as they say, the rest is history
with lundstram and berge likely to be off think we have to keep norwood and bring luke freeman back add a couple of more physical and pacey midfielders to the squad and i think we will be ok besic and swift would be a couple of good signings

Tin hat time...

With the ball, thought he was ok.

However, out of possession, was the worst player at PL I've ever seen.

Interesting dilemma for next season. His 'ping' will cause most of the Championship issues but can we forget this past season?

I can...

Apart from Rammers cull the fucking lot
Disagree.

This side would be competitive to say the least next season.

Rammie
George Bash Egan JOC Enda
Sander Jimmy
Dids
Sharp New Boy.

Now.

I’d actually sell Rammers and use Verrips to generate funds required for said new boy.

Several others in the above side will move on but won’t be adequately replaced.

Maybe Bogle could step in for George if he goes. That would be about it.

Other than those out of contract that won’t be offered new ones, Burke, Freeze, McP, Rhian, Moose, Norwood should all be offloaded to generate funds for new blood.

Easier said than done !!

UTB

Disagree.

This side would be competitive to say the least next season.

Rammie
George Bash Egan JOC Enda
Sander Jimmy
Dids
Sharp New Boy.

Now.

I’d actually sell Rammers and use Verrips to generate funds required for said new boy.

Several others in the above side will move on but won’t be adequately replaced.

Maybe Bogle could step in for George if he goes. That would be about it.

Other than those out of contract that won’t be offered new ones, Burke, Freeze, McP, Rhian, Moose, Norwood should all be offloaded to generate funds for new blood.

Easier said than done !!

UTB
Baldock and Bash maybe
Enda gone
Egan ?
JOC may not come back
Sander gone
Dids he’s shot
Sharpe as above

Baldock and Bash maybe
Enda gone
Egan ?
JOC may not come back
Sander gone
Dids he’s shot
Sharpe as above

I fear Bash might only be a squad player next season. Especially if we change formation. He seems to have lost that extra speed.

Tin hat time...

With the ball, thought he was ok.

However, out of possession, was the worst player at PL I've ever seen.

Interesting dilemma for next season. His 'ping' will cause most of the Championship issues but can we forget this past season?

I can...
Did 35 million pound Berge do any better ?

Back
Top Bottom