Norwich are taking the Piss

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not a windfall if it just cancels out your debt. It's like having an unarranged overdraft, it's just gone once you get back to zero.

They'll be well placed for the foreseeable future now and I don't think they're too bothered about being in the PL anyway.

They'll get loads for Cantwell too if they go down, they can pocket the PL money and use that to plug the gaps in their team. Assuming they keep the same people in charge, there's no reason they can't pull another decent striker out of the middle of nowhere, might have to pay a bit for him this time though.

Why not? Plenty of money for wages. Owners really are taking the piss. Remember, we had no money in the bank, but splashed out our 50M of our PL cash.

They'll get loads for Cantwell too if they go down, they can pocket the PL money and use that to plug the gaps in their team. Assuming they keep the same people in charge, there's no reason they can't pull another decent striker out of the middle of nowhere, might have to pay a bit for him this time though.

Will be interesting to see how many they sell. They could make an absolute fortune. Godfrey, Cantwell, Aarons, Buendia and Pukki will all have interest.

Yeah, I bet their fans, players, and manager are all laughing it up right now.

Not many of that back line are top class.
Cantwell looks a good young prospect, but Pukki will interest most and be their biggest asset.

I have to say, I have no issue with the stance they are taking. The right thing to do is to stick with the younger players and allow them to develop, stick with the manager, and build a longer term plan rather than the boom or bust tactic.

Which Naaarwich player would you take a punt on........ when they are relegated?

A look on the Norwich forum it seems their owners have come out with the masterplan of them being a top 26 team and the fans are understandably slightly annoyed at the fact they never went for it in the summer.

That being said wouldn't be shocked if they stay up.

They'll be well placed for the foreseeable future now and I don't think they're too bothered about being in the PL anyway.

Suspect you’re right
but in a way the OP is right too......it does seem that they’ve gained promotion with no real effort/ ambition to stay up.

There was 3 very different models being used by the promoted clubs, all 3 are very very different.
Villa spend 110 million, Blades spend 45 million and Norwich spend 1 million.

Surely the Norwich fans couid have expected to spend something, instead of meekly surrendering.
Maybe Delia and co think the market was massively inflated, so they’ve deliberately held back their budget to spend next year.

They are Brentford in yellow, bur slightly luckier. It's all about the model. Long term success trumps all.

The problem is, fans get annoyed, owners get impatient and managers/DoF's get fired. Then you're back up shit creek

I was really impressed with Norwich last year, played really decent football. This year however, it seems like a different team. And if they think they can walk over us they are in for a rude awakening lol. I think we're the favourite to win it. We improved big time over last year, they declined.

Back
Top Bottom