Mo Besic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can’t argue with that. He wouldn’t have offered much in terms of attacking threat but would have at least prevented a few goals Lundstram was found awol for if nothing else.

Considering how many matches we have lost 1-0 this season, even if he helped us stop conceding it would have meant we had a fighting chance of survival.

It will always be a mystery as to why Wilder never utilised Freeman and Besic more.

Which game do you mean? I’ve just rewatched the highlights and it looks like Robinson crosses it and Sharp flicks it on to Fleck.

I will agree though that I was incorrect earlier, that was the only game where Besic being on the pitch saw a positive effect on the amount of points we gained.

As opposed to our existing midfield who barely ran or tackled all season

Our current midfield not being good enough isn’t a reason to get someone else in who would be equally not good enough

Besic set it up with his run through the midfield and pass to Robinson don't give me shit about assists ,I never mentioned assists and it makes you look.a bit silly

Apologies, I took ‘set it up’ to also mean ‘assist’. As I said before though, Robinson sets up that goal with his cross. The passes that came before it obviously contributed however so I’ll let you have that one.

Our current midfield not being good enough isn’t a reason to get someone else in who would be equally not good enough
How do you know Besic wouldn't be good enough? He was at a similar level to our existing midfielders when they were in the form of their lives.
Every opposition manager has worked out that skilful, direct players can run straight through our midfield without a challenge. How are we going to rectify that? Who can we realistically bring in to close those gaps and give creative players more freedom?

Equally not good enough? He runs, tackles and shoots from around the box and scores ,none of which our current midfielders are capable of doing.

Equally not good enough? He runs, tackles and shoots from around the box and scores ,none of which our current midfielders are capable of doing.

He’s scored 4 goals since moving to play in the UK nearly 7 years ago.

Really not feeling this Besic wankathalon, bang average, did a job but we should be aiming for better IMO. Recruiting players whos main attribute is running around and being aggressive is not going to help us score goals. Be good to to get a technician in who will dictate play, good on the ball, thread passes.

Really not feeling this Besic wankathalon, bang average, did a job but we should be aiming for better IMO. Recruiting players whos main attribute is running around and being aggressive is not going to help us score goals. Be good to to get a technician in who will dictate play, good on the ball, thread passes.
Tbf i think most of the attraction is that he’d be free and we have fuck all in midfield for next season. He can’t be worse than norwood right now. Agree that #1 priority should be a playmaker

Maybe because it isn't a besic wankathalon at all

I've defended besic on here because I think he was unlucky to lose his place ,I wouldn't be against his signing as he improves us ,but if you think we can sign better than an established international on a free transfer then fire away let's hear it ?

Aforementioned technician will cost how much?

Tbf i think most of the attraction is that he’d be free and we have fuck all in midfield for next season. He can’t be worse than norwood right now. Agree that #1 priority should be a playmaker
I get that, but i just think thats such a poor criteria for signing someone and a waste of resources (wages). He struggled to get in this poor/average midfield and has struggled at most teams hes been at.

i would rather any resource was spent on someone who was going to be a star in the middle instead of someone whos sitting on the bench and not improving our 11.

How do you know Besic wouldn't be good enough? He was at a similar level to our existing midfielders when they were in the form of their lives.
Every opposition manager has worked out that skilful, direct players can run straight through our midfield without a challenge. How are we going to rectify that? Who can we realistically bring in to close those gaps and give creative players more freedom?
I reckon he'd be ideal for the championship, stumbling block may be wages. If we could get him on reasonable wages, I'd definitely have him back

I get that, but i just think thats such a poor criteria for signing someone and a waste of resources (wages). He struggled to get in this poor/average midfield and has struggled at most teams hes been at.

i would rather any resource was spent on someone who was going to be a star in the middle instead of someone whos sitting on the bench and not improving our 11.
That’s definitely fair. I would personally take a punt just because he’s a known quantity and I liked that little shoulder drop and willingness to break forward that he did for us. But I would be looking for 3-4 midfielders and he’d probably be the bottom of the list in terms of priority. Would just help to bridge the gap on a 2 year deal as we rebuild the midfield

Maybe because it isn't a besic wankathalon at all

I've defended besic on here because I think he was unlucky to lose his place ,I wouldn't be against his signing as he improves us ,but if you think we can sign better than an established international on a free transfer then fire away let's hear it ?
Someone being on a free doesn't qualify them as being good. Hes proven average at champ level and he had an OK few moments in a handfull of games with us. I would like us to look at phasing out the current midfield for more technical players, which will cost but definitely improve the 11.

Hes an ‘Established’ intl for Bosnia in the same way that Wednesday lump Atdhe Nuhiu is for Kosovo. He has struggled to make an impact in the prem/champ which is really what counts.

Someone being on a free doesn't qualify them as being good. Hes proven average at champ level and he had an OK few moments in a handfull of games with us. I would like us to look at phasing out the current midfield for more technical players, which will cost but definitely improve the 11.

Hes an ‘Established’ intl for Bosnia in the same way that Wednesday lump Atdhe Nuhiu is for Kosovo. He has struggled to make an impact in the prem/champ which is really what counts.
Or the same way George best was for northern Ireland
Thanks for clearing up the free transfer thing I always assumed that meant you were an elite player like Ronaldo or messi

Back
Top Bottom