Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Shoreham4Ever

Reaction score
I hate to put a dampener on things but for me, he currently isn't worth 17/20 Mill.

We completely change our way of playing for him, go direct and predictable. However he very rarely wins headers and more often than not good down, too lightweight, getting muscled off. When he does win headers (goal aside) then he doesn't direct them properly.

Hope he improves, but when Billy, didsy and Leon are still in the mix, then your front men aren't doing it.

UTB

I hate to put a dampener on things but for me, he currently isn't worth 17/20 Mill.

We completely change our way of playing for him, go direct and predictable. However he very rarely wins headers and more often than not goes down, too lightweight, getting muscled off. When he does win headers (goal aside) then he doesn't direct them properly.

Hope he improves, but when Billy, didsy and Leon are still in the mix, then your front men aren't doing it.

UTB

Unfortunately i think Wilder has made big mistakes with both McBurnie and Robinson, both look like your typical average to decent Championship players and we've just spent huge money on them (for us).

Are we seeing the drawbacks of not having a wider scouting network outside of the UK?

He's so lightweight and seems to spend as much time wrestling a defender as he does on the ball. He's also a bit lazy at times. Fair play though, he put a shift in today, but I don't feel adds anything.

Doesn't win aerial battles, poor at holding the ball up, poor on the ground, slow and languid.

He also looks shattered after about 15 minutes. He must have some epic benders to look that tired.

It's tricky with strikers. It's much easier for a defender, midfield or goalie to transition from championship to the premiership than a striker.

There's not a huge amount of strikers who can come up from Championship and carry on the same goal ratio as they did.

Thought he did well on little service and it was a decent performance. Constantly tried to exploit the space between Trent Arnold with some decent movement. Worked really hard to pin their full backs back and is extremely disciplined in terms of team shape. Robinson the same first half.

I can't figure Mcburnie out and I don't know if the problem is the role he's asked to play, the lack of service or if he's not got the right partner.

If he's to be the main goalscorer then his partner has to be Didsy, but so far he doesn't look like scoring in open play.

If he's to be the hold up man then he needs a finisher alongside him, which has to be Sharp or Mousset.

He's an enigma so far as I just can't figure out his role or who he needs alongside him.

There's a good player in there somewhere, but I don't know what is needed for it to come out.

He did well today but Robinson kept chasing the ball when we didn't have it, while McBurnie walked around at slow pace showing no desire to win it back. That said, he did more overall than Robinson, Mousset and Clarke, though Mousset was starved of the ball through us giving it away so much.

Reading the post match threads today makes the fact that we only lost 1-0 to the European champions even more remarkable since we were only playing with 7 players, the other 4 being various shades of shit.
Not shit, just completely overpriced. I can fucking run around all day and try hard. 20 million, whilst not his fault , demands more.

Definitely a step in the right direction for McBurnie today.

Liverpool's centre halves are tough opponents though. Our strikers are being asked to do a lot of hard work as well, pressing, chasing, dropping deep - then being quite isolated when they do get the ball, having to hold it up, make runs down the channels and even take on defenders alone - it's really hard when your legs are a bit tired from the last backtracking run.

Even more than last season, we need the two up front to become even better at being a partnership - better combinations, better understanding, better reading of the other's movement. They won't get quite the same level of support and service with the way we're playing now, so we need them to work even better together. There were some positive signs today though.

Doesn't make my post wrong though.

You're post isnt wrong or right: it's your opinion.

An opinion that Wilder clearly disagrees with so far.

(Even with the benefit of hindsight) which striker would you prefer for £15-£20m?

If we're being harsh at this stage I'd say he's better value than what we paid Robinson

Definitely a step in the right direction for McBurnie today.

Liverpool's centre halves are tough opponents though. Our strikers are being asked to do a lot of hard work as well, pressing, chasing, dropping deep - then being quite isolated when they do get the ball, having to hold it up, make runs down the channels and even take on defenders alone - it's really hard when your legs are a bit tired from the last backtracking run.

Even more than last season, we need the two up front to become even better at being a partnership - better combinations, better understanding, better reading of the other's movement. They won't get quite the same level of support and service with the way we're playing now, so we need them to work even better together. There were some positive signs today though.

We played that way last season but they had someone playing behind them as an outlet. I've no problem with Wilder dropping Duffy and his reason for it, but he's dropped a bollock not replacing him as this was the key to our attacking play.

It needs to be Didsy or Luke Freeman and one of Norwood, Fleck or Lundstram miss out. For me it's Norwood.

The srikers are completely isolated and having go create their own chances against top defenders without this supporting player.

Back
Top Bottom