McBurnie is NOT a targetman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chabuddy G

Kurupt FM
Reaction score
He’s a fucking good footballer. And how much better does he look when we’re not pinging it up to him, isolated, for 90 mins?

Changed the game today, dropped deep to collect, link up and was strong and good aerially when he NEEDED TO BE (not for 90 mins, because he isn’t Kevin Davies, Chris)

Hope this puts that myth to bed, also the myth that we have to play long ball when he’s on the pitch.

Props to both goalscorers, Fleck, Bash, Didsy. He was as big a game changer as anyone today.

Will he get the credit he deserves? I doubt it

He’s a fucking good footballer. And how much better does he look when we’re not pinging it up to him, isolated, for 90 mins?

Changed the game today, dropped deep to collect, link up and was strong and good aerially when he NEEDED TO BE (not for 90 mins, because he isn’t Kevin Davies, Chris)

Hope this puts that myth to bed, also the myth that we have to play long ball when he’s on the pitch.

Props to both goalscorers, Fleck, Bash, Didsy. He was as big a game changer as anyone today.
Changed shape in the 2nd half and we looked a different team

One behind the strikers and we look so much better as an attacking force. All the time.

That is what I’ve found so frustrating about us this season. Why didn’t Wilder at least try to play with a number 10? It’s as if he completely forgot how much success it brought us in the Championship.

What about Lundstram? He was pretty good.

superpigs been saying that all season

I’m not having this twice in a week people will start saying we are mates 😂😂

I just know some are keen to overlook his good performances while going over the top when he has a bad game.
He still annoys me like fuck at times, and he’s not a patch on Fleck as he is literally key to us winning games, but yea Lunny has been playing well. He wouldn’t have neshed that 50/50 that Norwood did.

He'll looked a bit lighter on his feet. Maybe the injury has helped freshen him up.

He was excellent tonight. He has these performances in him.

I've said it before though, 1 in every 4 or 5 he does it. Then his standards slip. Must be a mental thing.

Tonight though, superb. Inspired substitution by Wilder. McBurnie also had a strong impact at City (but more due to his physical aspects) & I think Wilder probably will regret leaving it as late as he did.

He was excellent tonight. He has these performances in him.

I've said it before though, 1 in every 4 or 5 he does it. Then his standards slip. Must be a mental thing.

Tonight though, superb. Inspired substitution by Wilder. McBurnie also had a strong impact at City (but more due to his physical aspects) & I think Wilder probably will regret leaving it as late as he did.
I don’t think it is, I think it’s how we use him
It’s harder to physically and footballing-wise boss 2 or even 3 centre halves on your own every game whilst being pretty isolated than it is to drop deep and link play, and drag people allover the place creating space for others.

Dronnieblade will not be happy with you when he see this.

Always thought the same. Mcburnies hold up/link up play is quality. Hes got ability with the ball at his feet!

I've mentioned this a number of times since he signed.
It’s easy for people to say ‘he has a good game every 5 games’ but when you’re being utilised in that way it’s harder to have a good game than a bad or anonymous one...

Back
Top Bottom