Player Suggestion Karlan Grant

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would like him as one of the strikers.
WBA are going for it it seems. Spending big.

Bumping the suggestion. With Brewster slowing down, could Grant be the answer instead? Think I'd be happy with grant and balogun as alternatives, especially as we could get these two for around 25m for the pair..

Bumping the suggestion. With Brewster slowing down, could Grant be the answer instead? Think I'd be happy with grant and balogun as alternatives, especially as we could get these two for around 25m for the pair..
Huddersfield are shit and are heading for league 1. If we are after any of there players eventually we will end up with them!!

Huddersfield are shit and are heading for league 1. If we are after any of there players eventually we will end up with them!!
Huddersfield are shit.. but the guy scored 19 goals for them last season, so I don't think he'd be a bad shout, especially for around 16m.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200923-132210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200923-132210_Chrome.jpg
    895.6 KB · Views: 22
Huddersfield are shit.. but the guy scored 19 goals for them last season, so I don't think he'd be a bad shout, especially for around 16m.
he also scored 4 in 13 in the prem as a 20/21 year old when they got relegated

But that's the market we'll be shopping in if we're unwilling (or unable) to meet the price tag of targets like Brewster...unfortunately

Match commentator at Udders v Florist just said Grant is not in Udders team because West Brom have offered a loan to buy deal. Surely if we can't get Brewster we should be moving in with a similar offer and competing with the Baggies.

Match commentator at Udders v Florist just said Grant is not in Udders team because West Brom have offered a loan to buy deal. Surely if we can't get Brewster we should be moving in with a similar offer and competing with the Baggies.

Maybe Wilder doesn't rate him

We should be seriously thinking about this lad.

Supposedly close to joining West Brom on a loan to buy

I like him. But we have enough strikers now. It's chance creation we need to improve.
Funds are needed for a RCM & a LCB.
Bit concerned that we don't seem to be in for a RCM.
I'd love to see us go out & get Buendia & Ben Davies before Friday.
Failing that, the two lads at Millwall - Jed Wallace & Jake Cooper - could be useful additions.

Massively went off this one when I saw Huddersfield’s fans views on him. It’s one thing seeing bad views about someone like Oli Burke but if you think you’re signing a potentially standout player for a lot of money and a lot of fans can’t wait to get rid of him, it makes you pause for thought.

Consider that they value him at possibly £15m more than Burke, he must be one hell of a player

Massively went off this one when I saw Huddersfield’s fans views on him. It’s one thing seeing bad views about someone like Oli Burke but if you think you’re signing a potentially standout player for a lot of money and a lot of fans can’t wait to get rid of him, it makes you pause for thought.

I thought that when I 1st saw their views however he scored 4 in 12 in the relegation season in the Prem after stepping up directly from L1. That's only 2 less than our joint top scorers managed with a full season last year.

He also scored 18 I think last season in a side that struggled most of the season when played out wide left the vast majority when he is best straight down the middle. Bear in mind that's the position Callum Robinson used to play at Preston in a team generally always planted in the Top 10 and he never got anywhere near 18.

Now I'm definitely not convinced we should have signed him but him at £15m or Brewdog at £23m and he starts to look like decent value. The only thing I can think is that CW didn't get great feedback re his character.

I thought that when I 1st saw their views however he scored 4 in 12 in the relegation season in the Prem after stepping up directly from L1. That's only 2 less than our joint top scorers managed with a full season last year.

He also scored 18 I think last season in a side that struggled most of the season when played out wide left the vast majority when he is best straight down the middle. Bear in mind that's the position Callum Robinson used to play at Preston in a team generally always planted in the Top 10 and he never got anywhere near 18.

Now I'm definitely not convinced we should have signed him but him at £15m or Brewdog at £23m and he starts to look like decent value. The only thing I can think is that CW didn't get great feedback re his character.

Brewster has huge potential.

Although not reported, I'm pretty sure the £23m figure is inclusive of at least £5m in add ons.

If we give Brewster service he'll deliver. However, the way we're playing right now makes me doubt it slightly

Although not reported, I'm pretty sure the £23m figure is inclusive of at least £5m in add ons.

If we give Brewster service he'll deliver. However, the way we're playing right now makes me doubt it slightly

Yeah I probably didn't word my post correctly. I'm really exited by the Brewster signing and think he will turn out to be a cracking addition.

Was just trying to highlight that whatever the dog botherer fans say about Grant you can't really argue with his stats and at £15m seems decent value.

From what I’ve seen of Brewster, he doesn’t need it on a plate like our strikers seemingly do at the moment (with the notable exception of the only goal we’ve seen this season!). “Chance creation” is definitely a problem but I’m convinced part of the problem is our strikers losing opportunities with poor first touches, being muscled off the ball and/or failing to get shots away. You give Sharp a half chance at the moment and it’s looking like either a pass or a blocked shot will follow nine times out of ten.

Back
Top Bottom