Player Suggestion Karlan Grant

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BerksBlade

Behind the white railings
Reaction score
BBC said:
Huddersfield Town are closing in on a £2m deal for Charlton Athletic's 21-year-old striker Karlan Grant, who has also been linked with Middlesbrough, West Brom and Rangers.
No idea whether he's any good, but at £2m, should we be looking as well?

Quick young attacker. So I doubt we'll be interested.

Didn't he go on a bit of a rapey one in the summer with his team mate and get arrested abroad? If so, maybe we could go for him after all...

No idea whether he's any good, but at £2m, should we be looking as well?
I’m sure we’d have no problem finding £2m or matching Huddersfield or West Brom’s wages.

Again, CW will not take a punt on unproven L1 players never mind risking £2m in the process

Some posters are desperate for us to sign young, up and coming talent from the leagues below.

Yet some posters complain when we do and it doesn't work out - take Lundstram for example.

I wonder how many people fit into both categories? :rolleyes:

Good signing for them this....cheap by premier league standards, lots to prove and a promising talent.
He goes now, gets some game time and experience and if he scores goals all well and good and you never know he might keep them up.
But if not, they have a player with premier league experience in this league and he will be full of confidence he can score.
Exactly the kind of recruitment Warnick should have made last time we were there.

21 years of age. 4 goals in 13 games for the worst team in the division. Cost Huddersfield £2m; worth a cheeky bid?

Definitely one worth exploring.

They'll want to keep him so I'd imagine the fee would be high but he could be one of the smartest expensive gambles we could take.

He's one who could shoot into the £30m bracket very quickly.

For anything like £10m, go for it.
The only issue would be if a club like Wolves were also interested, they are more established PL club, that's why, as I have said on other threads, its important to get points on the board before January.

For anything like £10m, go for it.

Huddersfield? Grant? Talk to me!

CR & the balance is non sequential, used tenners.

Do the deal at Woolley Edge services on new year’s day. Bundle one player out of a Door Deals transit van, hand over the brief case full of moolah, bundle the other in and speed off.

£20m you'd guess. No way he's coming here to be sub either

Would be big money but a calculated risk. Looks a good prospect who's taken to each step-up in level quickly.

The traits that Mousset add, which Grant has similar from what I've seen, give Utd a different dimension - an ability to not only break quickly but also push the opposition defence deeper. You could tell how nervous the Man U defence was about the ball over the top or down the channels.

However, I still expect Watkins to be the number one target in Jan and if that's not possible, then next summer.

Just thinking about other possible options and came up with Assombalonga - he wouldn't be my first choice but CWAK have been rumoured to be keen previously. I don't think he'll improve further as a player but may be seen as a short term option as alternative in the Mousset mould

I don't think Watkins or Assombalonga are in the same athletic ball park as Mousset and Grant. Those two are at another level.

There's pace then there's scary pace. We need another with scary pace.... and good strength.

Gonna be tough to find someone with raw pace, that good and who’s happy to play second fiddle to Mousset who is clearly our best all round forward. Hence why it’s a real struggle for sides like ourselves to accumulate too much depth without paying shed loads of money - but then you end up with potential mercenaries who are only there for the money.

I’d love Grant, I just don’t think it’s feasible. Someone like Dwight Gayle who’s already on a Prem bench, might fancy his chances breaking into the team here - much more likely imo. Wouldn’t be a bad signing as direct ‘pacy’ competition for Mousset.

Gonna be tough to find someone with raw pace, that good and who’s happy to play second fiddle to Mousset who is clearly our best all round forward. Hence why it’s a real struggle for sides like ourselves to accumulate too much depth without paying shed loads of money - but then you end up with potential mercenaries who are only there for the money.

I’d love Grant, I just don’t think it’s feasible. Someone like Dwight Gayle who’s already on a Prem bench, might fancy his chances breaking into the team here - much more likely imo. Wouldn’t be a bad signing as direct ‘pacy’ competition for Mousset.
I find it hilarious that Joe Linton is still keeping him out.

Hope he does for another month then :)

With Almiron, Joe Linton and Saint Max* up top, we could probably give Kean Bryan a run out.

* I do actually rate this lad highly and would take him off them.

Back
Top Bottom