Outgoing? John Lunsdtram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

yeah hes that good he did the same thing 4 times tonight carried the ball 20 yards forward turned and passed it backwards utter waste of space and a shirt the sooner hes gone the better
True, but he’s not the only one who does that Baldock and Stevens are experts at it

True, but he’s not the only one who does that Baldock and Stevens are experts at it
not sure about baldock but dont know whats happened to enda his confidence looks shot to pieces for me osborn is the best weve got for lwb

Midfield players are supposed to create, when his first instinct is to protect possession he is useless as a midfield player. Last night he made two forward passes.
The sooner he goes the better, not usually critical of our players but he leaves me little option

Rangers would be a good move for him. Decent money, get to work with Steve Gerrard (probably an idol of his) who he can learn a lot from, he'd probably also stand out at that level in a team dominating most weeks. I think it's where he'll end up.

One of thr things I'm really looking forward to this summer (along with hopefully the end of lockdown and a more normal world again) is the back of 'Lunny'. I shall certainly be having a celebratory drink when the revolving door smacks his arse as he leaves Shirecliffe for the last time this summer.

An utter waste of space this season and he's played like he hasnt wanted to know for most of it. He did break into a jog or two and looked more interested in January.... (before going back to the shit and feckless default setting in February). I wonder why?

Good bye old chap. You won't be missed by this Blade. 11 to go for you in a Blades shirt.

Think this thread shows the sad vindictive side of human nature. It’s seeing someone down and just sticking the boot in.

He was a hero to some last season but just because he’s refused to sign a contract all of a sudden he’s evil and everyone wants the worse for him.

You can bet that 99% of posters would do exactly the same as Lundstram. He’s been a lower division player most of his career so won’t have made much money from the game. He’s currently one of our lowest paid players and is simply trying to secure his future. His stock rose so highly last season he’s been advised he can expect £60K a week. Even with those wages he’ll be a cheap easily affordable investment for any PL club. The problem for him is that he was only impressive for 4 months and this season he’s looked limited...so maybe any PL interest is cooled.

I suppose there’s a chance he might end asking to sign his contract offer however I would expect Wilder to reduce the terms as it looks like we’ll be relegated.

I agree with posters that Lunny has possibly been a negative influence on the squad but that’s Wilders call who has consistently played him....so by definition his inclusion can’t be as negative as we think.

Last edited:
Think this thread shows the sad vindictive side of human nature. It’s seeing someone down and just sticking the boot in.

He was a hero to some last season but just because he’s refused to sign a contract all of a sudden he’s evil and everyone wants the worse for him.

You can bet that 99% of posters would do exactly the same as Lundstram. He’s been a lower division player most of his career so won’t have made much money from the game. He’s currently one of our lowest paid players and is simply trying to secure his future. His stock rose so highly last season he’s been advised he can expect £60K a week. Even with those wages he’ll be a cheap easily affordable investment for any PL club. The problem for him is that he was only impressive for 4 months and this season he’s looked limited...so maybe any PL interest is cooled.

I suppose there’s a chance he might end asking to sign his contract offer however I would expect Wilder to reduce the terms as it looks like we’ll be relegated.

I agree with posters that Lunny has possibly been a negative influence on the squad but that’s Wilders call who has consistently played him....so by definition his inclusion can’t be as negative as we think.
(not everyone...)

Rangers would be a good move for him. Decent money, get to work with Steve Gerrard (probably an idol of his) who he can learn a lot from, he'd probably also stand out at that level in a team dominating most weeks. I think it's where he'll end up.

Agree with all that but I doubt Rangers will be able to afford his desired salary. I can see him going to a lower Prem side e.g. Burnley, Brighton, Palace instead

Absolute load of bs. We took him from league one and stood by him when he offered us very little for two seasons. He then has one good season, we offer him a contract to make his pay in line with our very best players and he throws it in our face.

All of the above is fine. However what is not fine is sulking like a little kid and playing within yourself and for yourself and stat padding pass accuracy and other bollocks stats so you can get a better move. The way he has performed this season id be shocked if he got a prem move.

Agree and disagree!

Fully agree Rangers would be a good move, disagree he would stand out in a team which dominates possession.

There's a reason why he was never in contention in our promotion season, hes a very limited player with the ball at his feet. Slows down play, sideways and backwards, can't really take on a man, not the range of passing to split a defense, never really comfortable on the ball.

His purple patch last year came from his excellent engine and ability to get from box to box and into scoring positions - when you have 40% possession and rely on countering etc this was a great asset. When you dominate games this ability is negated.

Absolute load of bs. We took him from league one and stood by him when he offered us very little for two seasons. He then has one good season, we offer him a contract to make his pay in line with our very best players and he throws it in our face.
I doubt very much that the offer puts him in line with our very best players. And I don't understand this demand for loyalty - the club will offload a player if it wants to, drop them from the squad, not offer them a new contract, release them, no one talks about the club throwing anything back in their faces. He was given a contract which the club determined would be of a specific length, their choice to do that, and he has decided to honour that contract and no more, which he is perfectly entitled to do.

All of the above is fine. However what is not fine is sulking like a little kid and playing within yourself and for yourself and stat padding pass accuracy and other bollocks stats so you can get a better move. The way he has performed this season id be shocked if he got a prem move.
But it's only a certain sub-set of fans that have decided he's sulking, based solely on his not signing a new contract. The same with playing within himself - Wilder obviously doesn't believe that and knows a lot more than fans watching 90 minutes of a team that's out-of sorts and failing badly. The "stat padding" is spurious conjecture from a couple of people on here and has suddenly become fact. It's complete nonsense. Any club that wants to sign him can watch almost every match he's played in and won't buy him based on a few meaningless numbers.
He has shown himself to be a player of only limited capabilities, but people are turning that into all sorts of nonsense based only on the fact that he hasn't signed a contract, which seems to have had the effect of a deeply personal affront to some people.

I doubt very much that the offer puts him in line with our very best players. And I don't understand this demand for loyalty - the club will offload a player if it wants to, drop them from the squad, not offer them a new contract, release them, no one talks about the club throwing anything back in their faces. He was given a contract which the club determined would be of a specific length, their choice to do that, and he has decided to honour that contract and no more, which he is perfectly entitled to do.

But it's only a certain sub-set of fans that have decided he's sulking, based solely on his not signing a new contract. The same with playing within himself - Wilder obviously doesn't believe that and knows a lot more than fans watching 90 minutes of a team that's out-of sorts and failing badly. The "stat padding" is spurious conjecture from a couple of people on here and has suddenly become fact. It's complete nonsense. Any club that wants to sign him can watch almost every match he's played in and won't buy him based on a few meaningless numbers.
He has shown himself to be a player of only limited capabilities, but people are turning that into all sorts of nonsense based only on the fact that he hasn't signed a contract, which seems to have had the effect of a deeply personal affront to some people.
chris wilder has only played him because hes got nobody else and thats the managers fault for not bringing a couple of midfielders in before the season started sorry but lundstram has strolled through this season with very limited effort nobody will convince me otherwise

chris wilder has only played him because hes got nobody else and thats the managers fault for not bringing a couple of midfielders in before the season started sorry but lundstram has strolled through this season with very limited effort nobody will convince me otherwise

Wilder could easily have dropped Lundstram at the start of the season and played Berge in his position. Instead he chose to drop Norwood and there have been several examples since where he’s opted to drop Norwood instead of Lundstram.

Wilder could easily have dropped Lundstram at the start of the season and played Berge in his position. Instead he chose to drop Norwood and there have been several examples since where he’s opted to drop Norwood instead of Lundstram.
berge was playing in lundstrams position till he got injured and although norwood has been poor this season would still sooner have him in team than lundstram in 3 years with us hes only had that 3 months purple patch get rid

berge was playing in lundstrams position till he got injured and although norwood has been poor this season would still sooner have him in team than lundstram in 3 years with us hes only had that 3 months purple patch get rid

Not this season he wasn’t. This season Wilder chose to drop Norwood instead of Lundstram. The suggestion that Wilder had no choice but to play him just isn’t true.

It came directly from wilders mouth, the contract offered puts him in line with the highest earners at the club. If he wants to leave that's fine. However he thinks he is better than us when the reality is his performances this season have been beyond woeful.

Fleck who is twice the player Lundstram will ever be had no problem signing a new contract did he. Lundstrams attitude was the start of the rot if you ask me

Almost 4 years!

Not this season he wasn’t. This season Wilder chose to drop Norwood instead of Lundstram. The suggestion that Wilder had no choice but to play him just isn’t true.
yes he was anyway not gonna go on with this you obviously disagree with the majority of united fans who think lundstram hasnt given a toss all season the sooner hes gone the better

There isn’t a hope in hell he’s getting that much and if he thinks so he’s thicker than he looks, which is an achievement in itself

It came directly from wilders mouth, the contract offered puts him in line with the highest earners at the club. If he wants to leave that's fine. However he thinks he is better than us when the reality is his performances this season have been beyond woeful.

Fleck who is twice the player Lundstram will ever be had no problem signing a new contract did he. Lundstrams attitude was the start of the rot if you ask me
Well I'm surprised if the offer really does put him in line with the highest earners, but if that is true, doesn't that just show that Wilder doesn't think in any way that he's sulking and not bothered? If he did, that contract offer would have been pulled a long time ago and he would be on the bench whenever possible.

I don’t blame him at all for wanting to maximise his earnings, GLTTL.
I did the same when I had a better offer than what was on the table with the RAF. However, I put demonstrably put effort in whilst ‘working my notice’. For me, he does nothing of the sort; which is what pisses me off!

While I've never been his biggest fan (I even watched him regularly for OUFC) and really don't think he's suited to RCM, I don't understand why anyone would / could accuse him of not trying. I would like to see the OPTA stats for how much ground he covered yesterday.

I thought it was his best game for us a for a while

Who the fuck does he think is going to offer him a contract?

I’ve kept my powder dry on him but no longer. He can fuck off the big time wanker.

I’ve seen players start and finish a move by scoring but never set one up for the opposition by neshing a tackle on halfway and they by chipping one straight to the opposition.

Even if we got relegated two divisions, I wouldn't want him to sign a new contract. He'd do fine at Rangers, most of the Scottish Premiership sides are about English League 2 standard, so he wouldn't look out of place.

I will repeat. The more he plays, the less likely he is to get high level interest. It’s not lack of effort, he’s just a poor player.

His real problems in the premiership began when he started to believe he was a "player" instead of running his bollocks off and flying into tackles he's decided that passing square and backwards is acceptable. Hes never been a favourite of mine but wow at the moment he looks low end championship at very best, and yes I know some people will say I'm being very generous.

Back
Top Bottom