Player Suggestion Jay Rodriguez

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladeinleeds

Reaction score
Apparently available for a cut price £5m this summer. We would deffo be in for a more physical forward this summer imo. And that’s not that much more than you’d expect madine to cost when we end up enquiring how much Cardiff want

That fee would be appealing to many though no doubt....

Jay Rodriguez could leave West Bromwich Albion this summer for just £5 million due to a release clause inserted last year.
Rodriguez is available for the cut-price fee, which will rise to £10m after 12 months, after striking an agreement with the Championship club last summer.

Following West Brom’s relegation from the Premier League, Rodriguez was persuaded to give the club one more year in a bid to help Albion achieve promotion out of the Championship.

Burnley made offers of up to £16m for the England international but West Brom resisted the bids and agreed a compromise with the striker that he could leave this year if the club failed to get promoted.

Does strike me as odd the clause isn’t £5m next year and £10m this.... why on earth would you wait a year to pay more

It's a yes from me all day long... Especially at that price!
I'd imagine we'd have some competition mind for his signature.

That clause could well make him a possibility then.

Wouldn't have been possible otherwise as to us he's not worth the £10m+ they no doubt would've demanded.

Good player but Gayle was better. About 8 of Rodriguez's goals were penalties.

Sounds like the right kind of signing for us. Not sure if the wages and competition for his signature will prevent it though.

He’s on massive wages so we won’t be getting him.

I’m a big fan of this lad. I would have been happy for United to pay double that price. At £5m surely we have to try?! Worth the hefty wages with the low fee. Just insert a similar fee release in case of relegation.

Exactly... if you were willing to pay £10m for a striker it would be the same as picking Rodrigues up for £5m and playing him £50k a week for two years.

Suspect someone else will be in for him and be willing to pay bigger wages because of the low fee?

Still we could only try.

Lost his way at WBA, played within himself when I watched him play. Looks like he needs motivation and a new challenge. Step forward Mr Wilder and get him playing out of his skin. The lad had bags of ability.

Burnley, Bournemouth and Leicester.

Didn't take long.

"We move on" ?

I think Rodriguez is a better all around footballer than Gayle. Could play right up top or drop deeper.

Depends what you're looking for but JR would be a better signing imo

He might be.

My post says Gayle WAS better. As in last season.

He was poor when I saw him last season, which was surprising to me as I'd always thought he had a good all round game. His goal scoring record was also good last season. He seems to have lost motivation or lost that spark as a result of injuries.

Being a club that generally has got back to the PL under the radar and CWAK playing on our anonymity it worries me a little that players might not see us as a “fashionable” choice. That said many of my old colleagues that moved from darnsarf to Yorkshire said it was like earning double wages with a big house in the countryside thrown in.

Every player that's available is linked with Leicester, Watford, Burnley, Brighton.

It's not necessarily fact, just lazy journalism and it's more than likely that these clubs are potential destinations and their agents and just putting the feelers out.

I'd take him, called up to England whilst at Southampton, got a lengthy injury that set him back. Age on his side, Gerrimsigned.

Truth is, we have, by Premiership standards, a fairly limited, and limiting, budget by which to improve the quality of our existing squad. Our USP (for those not familiar - Unique Selling Point) is our manager. Everything that's special about this club emanates from him. I should add, I don't think that Wilder is invincible, incapable of making mistakes, or sometimes has good fortune as an ally, but what he has brought to United is a quality of football that all Blades recognise as easy on the eye and, sometimes, what you might even call excellent.

The current court case couldn't have happened at a worse time for this club, and neither owner has shown themselves to be above the harshest criticism. At times vain, unconcerned about the club's infrastructure (seriously, who would move the club's existing training facility??!!?), and were that to happen, who would pocket the proceeds of said sale? So deep into a loathing, even repugnance, of one another that they appear to have lost sight of what they're meant to do, in other words being capable stewards of this club's fortunes.

I'm no longer interested in the past, what matters is the here and now, and McCabe's gross mistake in bringing the Prince on board is now revealed for what it is - incompetency on a level that few can comprehend. The Prince, by the standards we imagined he would contribute to helping this club to progress, has been revealed as someone I wouldn't buy an insurance policy from, let alone trust to move United forward. As for McCabe, at best verging on the Baronial when it comes to imagining how a club should be run, and at worst, well his decision making is definitely Division 2 standard, and will probably struggle should we have any serious desire to want to remain in the Premiership. Together they couldn't deliver a baby, let alone the provide the hope that we, the long forgotten sup;porters, have a right to expect.

Back
Top Bottom