Jamals fuck up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sitwell

Big member
Reaction score
Is it next week dad ?
Cant understand what this guy has to do to win some over ,usual nobheads on praise and grumble want him replaced ,Deaders only gave him a 7.5 ,is it simply we cant find owt else to mump about ? He is becoming a cult figure for me ,best since Kenny ,a great keeper and a calming figure ,for the players anyway.

Is it next week dad ?
Cant understand what this guy has to do to win some over ,usual nobheads on praise and grumble want him replaced ,Deaders only gave him a 7.5 ,is it simply we cant find owt else to mump about ? He is becoming a cult figure for me ,best since Kenny ,a great keeper and a calming figure ,for the players anyway.
He’s absolutely quality and yesterday you could really see how much faith the back 3 have in him

He doesn’t come for crosses if he doesn’t think he’ll get the ball which I like. He prefers to leave that to the three big centre halves. Nothing wrong with that when all the defence know that

For me he was a 9 yesterday like all the team

Is it next week dad ?
Fully agree. Can see why Chelsea awarded him a 4 year contract

He’s absolutely quality and yesterday you could really see how much faith the back 3 have in him

He doesn’t come for crosses if he doesn’t think he’ll get the ball which I like. He prefers to leave that to the three big centre halves. Nothing wrong with that when all the defence know that

For me he was a 9 yesterday like all the team
The one he punched ,he didn't even come for it ,Im thinking come out Jamal you can get that ,then this massive arm comes from nowhere like Inspector Gadget and just punches it clear. Love him I do.

Is it next week dad ?

Pretty much exactly what me and jr said to each other, listening to P&G in the car on the way home last night.

I wonder why it might be that some players automatically attract the "lazy", "languid", "undisciplined" tag. I could guess, but I'm hungover this morning and don't want a fight ...

Some idiot on radio said he could have saved the goal . No he couldn't it was oconnels error but he's due one Jamal is calming and assured and gets better every game .Moore will understand this situation
Jamal is part of a well drilled defence that trust each other to change it would be irrational

Basham didn't track the far post man (watch his reaction when they score) and both Blackman and O'Connell were wrong footed, O'Connell at least making an attempt at the ball.

I like Jamal really want him to be a success and so far he certainly is

My worry is he is very quiet and even though I think he's a better all round keeper than Moore I fear that when Wrights out the team lacks an organiser

This wasn't the case yesterday so I was worried about nothing

The team and the players in it are growing in a way I've not really seen since the basset days or the jags tongey and monty through the ranks days

im certainly looking at the team in a very analytical way as I'm a critical thinker and I'm always interested how teams will try and combat us

Yesterday reading were out and out hoof but second half (or some of it ) They got the ball down at the back and moved it fast and accurately and played round us

We defended well and held on but it worried me and I couldn't work out if we looked tired or it was tactical but that spell from them was the first time anyone really bettered us on the ball since Brentford
Having said that we created some good chances on the break and could have buried reading out of sight

So all good

Basham didn't track the far post man (watch his reaction when they score) and both Blackman and O'Connell were wrong footed, O'Connell at least making an attempt at the ball.
Jamal had no chance of getting near it oconnels possibly .I personally think blaming oconnels is a bit harsh but Jamal or any keeper in the world could have prevented it from that range

It’s confirmation bias imo.

He looks at ease in goal and people project that as not alert or lazy or something and project that into his play when he hasn’t really put a foot wrong while he’s been here for me.

I’m sure it will be the same people calling for him to come back in if Moore comes in and gets beat at his near post (which he did a couple of times last year)

Great loan signing for me and Moore faces a fight to get back in - especially as it’s only his 2nd season playing proper football

He had nowt to do. A punch or two, the goal he was powerless for, and that’s it. We had so much possession he barely even had to kick it.

I’d mark him 8 just for staying awake.

This exactly. He's done nowt wrong but on the other hand he's had nowt to do all season, you can count the number of saves he's had to make on one hand. He hasn't needed to make a "worldy" yet but you can't blame him for that

Well I can forgive one error from Basham it didn't cost us the game .
They only had the ball for 12 minutes out of 90 and we should have scored 2 more when they had it. Not only that but they still failed to threaten a second goal. All the panic was from fans still thinking it's an Adkins team

This is exactly why I haven't listened to local radio since Seth Bennett was in short trousers.

Phone-in shows are a platform where callers get 2 minutes to make an impression. This means putting forward a viewpoint with all the pithyness and lack of nuance as possible in order to make an impact and fabricate points for discussion.

I say this because in actual real life conversation with other supporters, I've been utterly unaware of any criticism of Jamal Blackman at all. But give some people a bit of airtime and the talking of bollocks will ensue.

I haven't listened to Football Heaven or Praise or Grumble for at least 15 years for that very reason.

Is it next week dad ?
I wasn't convinced about him until the Bolton game where his dominance of the area was excellent. He is still a kid as a keeper which shows sometimes but i think he will have a good career. I think Moore is the better all round keeper but it would be very harsh to drop Blackman at the moment

The one he punched ,he didn't even come for it ,Im thinking come out Jamal you can get that ,then this massive arm comes from nowhere like Inspector Gadget and just punches it clear. Love him I do.
That punch was top drawer he’s got real presence in the six yard.
You can also see he’s worked on his distribution 100% improvement

This exactly. He's done nowt wrong but on the other hand he's had nowt to do all season, you can count the number of saves he's had to make on one hand. He hasn't needed to make a "worldy" yet but you can't blame him for that
I don’t know mate, that save he pulled off against Brentford when he had no right to get anywhere near it wasn’t a bad one, the whole ground stood up in appreciation.

Fully agree. Can see why Chelsea awarded him a 4 year contract

Where have you seen this? I can only find reports of him signing a 5 year deal back in 2014.

If he's only got 18 months left in January, it would be good to see if we can get him on a permanent deal.

Not sure of Moore's fitness position, but if he is fit and Blackman is still playing then that tells you all you need to know. If Wilder didn't think Blackman was up to the job then Moore would be back in like a shot.

I don’t know mate, that save he pulled off against Brentford when he had no right to get anywhere near it wasn’t a bad one, the whole ground stood up in appreciation.

Just about to post that - the Brentford game where he saved a one v one in the second half. Looked like the ball had gone past him then, suddenly, it in his hands!

Aye, give you that one. But our defence are the dogs danglies, look at the goals against in the league table. They've got to get past them before they can even test our goalie. Not criticising the guy at all, but the opposition we have faced so far this year have not been able to put him under any sustained pressure. As I said earlier, that's hardly his fault.

Is it next week dad ?

Once it's in people's minds, they won't change opinion.

Won and a great performance, and had to listen to calls slagging off someone, who has scarcely put a foot or glove wrong.

He had nowt to do. A punch or two, the goal he was powerless for, and that’s it. We had so much possession he barely even had to kick it.

I’d mark him 8 just for staying awake.
Sign of a good keeper isn't it? One who stays focussed when he hasn't got much to do.

Where have you seen this? I can only find reports of him signing a 5 year deal back in 2014.

If he's only got 18 months left in January, it would be good to see if we can get him on a permanent deal.
I recall it was announced just before he joined us. The big clubs aren't daft, they know if a loan player does well it attracts interest. I think Spurs did the same with CCV.

Some idiot on radio said he could have saved the goal . No he couldn't it was oconnels error but he's due one Jamal is calming and assured and gets better every game .Moore will understand this situation
Jamal is part of a well drilled defence that trust each other to change it would be irrational

Heard that bloke, he was decent until the Blackman remarks. He had no chance with the goal, it’s the defenders job there to deal with it. Simple.
Blackman is young and learning. He will make errors, and when he does he may dip in form. That’s when Moore comes in. That’s how it should be, he’s got the shirt he has to lose it.

Back
Top Bottom