Ivan toney

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Must admit, I really like the lad and think he'd be a good option. Brings something a little different to what we have up front already.
Agreed. Got the physique you went from a striker. Worth a punt.

If we could afford him as a squad player to work on I'd be happy but having seen a fair bit of him I'd be genuinely surprised if we saw him as an answer to being a regular starting contender as this point.

If we could afford him as a squad player to work on I'd be happy but having seen a fair bit of him I'd be genuinely surprised if we saw him as an answer to being a regular starting contender as this point.

This is it, it feels like any team in the PL looking to sign him would be taking a punt, using him mainly as backup, a bit of a wild-card.

We've seen players who score for fun in the Eredivisie, Belgium and other leagues that would be widely considered as a higher standard than league 1, and still struggle in the PL.

I wonder if Newcastle have any kind of buy back clause on him.

I believe he had played for Chris before and we've not really shown any previous interest?

Dont they know that you can't stand in a players way if a club from a higher division comes knocking?

He is definitely good enough. In an ideal world we would sign him and Watkins.

A front 3 of Watkins and Robinson either side of Toney would cause problems.

If we went with a 2, rotate to Mcburnie and Mousset.

Those 5 attackers all offer something different and would allow us to change it up at will.

Sharp and Mcgoldrick as 6th/7th choice to come in as and when needed.

I would have Dembele, not much experience but pace, skill and a great football brain
Admittedly only seen him on u tube but if wilder fancies him as one to develop he is definitely the “type” that we need.

We should Also be looking to poach Peterborough chief scout

I'm not entirely convinced he's ready for the PL.

He's obviously far too good for League 1, but I can't help but feel the jump between there and the PL is insurmountable for just about any player.

I can see him scoring 25/30 goals for brentford next year why wait a year and then be priced out

You’re not kidding! They’d get us relegated for a start!

Kin hell man! Aim a bit higher than that!😲
Think Toney would be a good signing. Don't think he'd be a definite starter though. Would be happy with him as an understudy, but I'd definitely want a top first team striker that would walk in the team.

He's not going to Brentford. In fact, he's not going to ANY championship club. He's said he'll only move if it's to a premier League team.

Ohh though he had practically signed for brentford , id take him for 5/6 million anything more no point

Ohh though he had practically signed for brentford , id take him for 5/6 million anything more no point
No bud, he rejected them due to wanting a premier League club.. I think I'd go to 8m maximum. He's talented, but it's a big jump. Especially for a lad who's quite young. Can't really put him in the same category as Stevens who came from l2 purely as he had experience with his age.

No bud, he rejected them due to wanting a premier League club.. I think I'd go to 8m maximum. He's talented, but it's a big jump. Especially for a lad who's quite young. Can't really put him in the same category as Stevens who came from l2 purely as he had experience with his age.

Ahh thats fair enough , id take a Marquee striker & Toney , Toney looks best prospect outside of prem looks unreal

Darwin Nunez touted as the next Edinson Cavani along with Toney will do
Think I'd rather have a 25-28 year old to compliment Toney.. just think we're missing that mature striker in his prime (not including Billy or MCG) I know this costs an arm and a leg though.

Think I'd rather have a 25-28 year old to compliment Toney.. just think we're missing that mature striker in his prime (not including Billy or MCG) I know this costs an arm and a leg though.

Not bothered by age we just need some quality up top.

Back
Top Bottom