Ivan toney

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think Grant could be a good shout. Still young, scored a few in the premiership a couple of years ago and got the best part if 20 in a poor Huddersfield team.
problem is he would be £15m and no guarantee better than OMB, different kettle of fish though

On verge of a move to Brentford. Seems odd given they don’t know what division they will be playing in next year yet.

£4m potentially rising to £9m and 25k per week actually seems fairly reasonable in today’s market.

Attachments

• 7B8B0823-A42E-4A36-845B-6C926274C5FF.png
    7B8B0823-A42E-4A36-845B-6C926274C5FF.png
    591.8 KB · Views: 78
Personally, I wouldn't want to take a punt on someone that's unproven above L1 level. That may be due to my risk adverse nature and I may well be proved wrong especially with Brentford being in for him who will have analysed him to death. However, for someone to join Utd with a good level of probability that they'd succeed, I would be looking for them to be proved at at least Champ level (or equivalent). Of course, with that comes an increased price tag but up to £9m fee + £5m salary for Ivan Toney feels very expensive.

FFS he's worth a punt at that price

Yep, that's the key: "at that price". I'm a little bit surprised a Prem team hasn't bought him and loaned him straight out to the Championship at that price. If he got 20 in the Champ his value would increase four or five fold in one year.

Personally, I wouldn't want to take a punt on someone that's unproven above L1 level. That may be due to my risk adverse nature and I may well be proved wrong especially with Brentford being in for him who will have analysed him to death. However, for someone to join Utd with a good level of probability that they'd succeed, I would be looking for them to be proved at at least Champ level (or equivalent). Of course, with that comes an increased price tag but up to £9m fee + £5m salary for Ivan Toney feels very expensive.
CWAK, having had him at Northampton on loan, would have been all over him if they thought he was any good. Can’t say I’ve ever seen one notable rumour of us being in for him.

Deffo worth a punt @ 5 mill ?
If Watkins scored 20 odd for Brentford in a season then how many would Toney score doubt there would be a huge difference

Wonder what this means for Watkins 👀 👀 👀

inb4 "No Bids"

Haha the return of Banana and his disciples preaching (repeatedly) about their business model, £20m asking price and no bids - can't wait! 😬

In a way I hope Utd aren't in for Watkins although I strongly suspect they will be should Brentford miss out on promotion.

Once again it seems I'm just excluding options but both of Toney and Watkins look lesser players to me than (Callum) Robinson, I wouldn't even do a straight trade for either. I know we all want a new striker but there is no point gambling when there is no evidence that either is an improvement on what we already have, as ever we may have to trust the man in charge.

Once again it seems I'm just excluding options but both of Toney and Watkins look lesser players to me than (Callum) Robinson, I wouldn't even do a straight trade for either. I know we all want a new striker but there is no point gambling when there is no evidence that either is an improvement on what we already have, as ever we may have to trust the man in charge.

An interesting view (and one you're of course entitled to) given there's also no evidence that Robinson is able to cut it at Prem level despite being given far more opportunities that others in the squad, most notably Freeman (L).

IMHO an upgrade is definitely required. There would of course be a risk signing Watkins or Toney as neither have proven themselves about their respective current divisions - proven Prem strikers are of course way out of Utd's reach. Watkins would obviously be the lower risk having already performed well at Champ level.

IMHO an upgrade is definitely required.
there's also no evidence that Robinson is able to cut it at Prem level
Agree and agree but another year for Robinson would incur no additional cost to United and with the hope that he (like McBurnie) will be better prepared for the rigours of the EPL having already experienced it. Of course ideally United are looking further afield and at least one upgrade of the striker's we need is out there somewhere.

Agree and agree but another year for Robinson would incur no additional cost to United and with the hope that he (like McBurnie) will be better prepared for the rigours of the EPL having already experienced it. Of course ideally United are looking further afield and at least one upgrade of the striker's we need is out there somewhere.

Fair point but keeping him for another season would be pointless if CWAK have little / no intention of playing him - I'd imagine he'd be a squad player (~5th choice striker) at best. If that is indeed the case, I'd rather they cash-in on him and put the proceeds towards an upgrade, especially if it's the difference between affording who they want and not.

Must be a Prem club in for him then already
Yeah saw an interview with Barry fry saying hed had 8 enquiries and 4 were premier league teams and Ivan wanted to play at the top (dont particularly believe Fry i must admit)

Yeah saw an interview with Barry fry saying hed had 8 enquiries and 4 were premier league teams and Ivan wanted to play at the top (dont particularly believe Fry i must admit)
Whether he's stretching the truth or not, looks like P'Boro are digging their heels in to get max value - fair play to them

I prefer Barry Fry to Darragh MacAnthony though! Wouldn't mind us having a sniff at Toney, but I would imagine he won't be our top forward target.

Yeah he said they want £10m for him and even if he goes as a backup striker he'd be worth £70m in a few years.

Barry 'Del Boy' Fry

Back
Top Bottom