Ideal pre-season match?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ideal pre-season match?

• Total voters

FMBlade1

Reaction score
Inspired by my previous thread, slightly crazy idea, but thought we could do a poll on here of which country we would like us to have a pre-season match this summer, and if there's enough enthusiasm perhaps it could be passed on to the powers that be to look into it.

I've listed several countries in the poll above, if you have any other suggestions just add them below in a comment

UTB!

Most likely to be UK or Malta. The only other obvious option i.e. Middle East will be far too hot.

End of thread (please!)

If they did a pre-season in summer 2022 just after the WC in Qatar a few games in the middle east I for one would be interested, though as you say probably far too hot.

UK is boring, and I've been to Malta so somewhere new would be nice, we'll see what the others say!

We should do a Tour de France. Or Germany. Can't really remember us doing anything like that before.

Ideally playing decent opposition too, maybe second tier. I'd like to see how we measure up against foreign equivalents.

USA and Canada ,Boston ,New York ,Washington and Toronto ,would love it.

Ideally playing decent opposition too, maybe second tier. I'd like to see how we measure up against foreign equivalents.

The teams currently leading the third division table in their respective countries are:

Spain: Leonesa
Italy: Entella/Perugia
France: Quevilly
Germany: Duisburg
Holland: Venlo
Greece: Iraklis/AEK Athens

I think we could hold our own against all those teams, hopefully there'll be some second division sides willing to play us. Once we've chosen a country we can then start picking a club!

The teams currently leading the third division table in their respective countries are:

I think we could hold our own against all those teams, hopefully there'll be some second division sides willing to play us. Once we've chosen a country we can then start picking a club!

I'm sure we're comfortably the best 3rd division team in Europe.

I think the German 2nd division is most similar to the English 2nd division, it would be interesting to see how they compare against each other. No doubt the friendlies would be quite competitive.

It should be easy to pick a country and an area with a number of 2nd/3rd division teams in the region. It would just have to be arranged well in advance.

Would take any of them barring Spain and Holland as I've seen United there. Germany would be class, as would Italy.

A trip north taking in games against Hibs, Stifling and Motherwell. Could see a couple of hundred Blades in attendance.

Needs to be local this year...

Which means, sods law, it'll be a great one overseas somewhere you wouldn't wish to travel with a newborn :)

Hasn't HRH got something to do with Football in his country,?

Hold it !! Hold it !!
Don't they have rules against Alcohol......?

As you were lads, stand down......;)

Reactions: Dkc

I hate to correct you, but the greek third division is regionalised in to four groups and the standard is like northern premier. AEK are in the super league. However, we could hammer them.

Dublin .
Shamrock rovers .
Bohs .
Then St Pats .
Jobs a good un .
Easy to get to , good ale , pleasant people ,
Nice weathsr ..... well 3 out of 4 aint bad .

Clay Cross Town would be a good choice (for me). Couple of pubs within walking distance, if you run.
Sadly the ground is no longer called this ......

002.JPG

One game in Spain then back for a Steel City tournament with clubs we have good relations with. Opposition could be clubs sponsored by Adidas, they might even promote it. Include a club from Scotland. Rangers would pack the ground and the pubs would do great business

Back
Top Bottom