Hassan Ayari

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liaminho9

Reaction score
Bit of a crazy one but possibly a chance for some good publicity for us.

A Northern Irish Youth Club have been fined £8,000 for allegedly not registering a player correctly, a fine they can’t afford to pay.

The player in question is Hassan Ayari, who now plays for us, and has apparently trained with the first team on occasion.

Full story here: https://www.skysports.com/football/...irish-youth-club-beg-for-fifa-mercy-over-fine

Should we offer to pay the fine for them?

Bit of a crazy one but possibly a chance for some good publicity for us.

A Northern Irish Youth Club have been fined £8,000 for allegedly not registering a player correctly, a fine they can’t afford to pay.

The player in question is Hassan Ayari, who now plays for us, and has apparently trained with the first team on occasion.

Full story here: https://www.skysports.com/football/...irish-youth-club-beg-for-fifa-mercy-over-fine

Should we offer to pay the fine for them?

A tiny amount of money for us really that would presumably we hope be to a club that could continue to provide young players for us in the future. Seems like a potential plus with no real drawback.

Be nice if United when to bat on there behalf against FIFA however they have a rule that fines under 15,000 Euros can't be appealed.
I'd be happier if United assisted in the disbanding of TW Braga and raising of TW Braga Phoenix rather than cough up the money to FIFA.
(Fuck me FIFA fined the IFA 12 grand for the same case too, greedy fuckers.)

Haven't the Irish club appealed? Surely the disproportionate amount levied on the Irish club seems completely unfair compared to what may have been an admin mistake on their part. I can see that £250-500 might reflect a more accurate penalty, but since when did FIFA not understand that there's a clear division between professional clubs and the likes of the Irish club? It's tantamount to piracy, and you have to ask, who police's the police?

Haven't the Irish club appealed? Surely the disproportionate amount levied on the Irish club seems completely unfair compared to what may have been an admin mistake on their part. I can see that £250-500 might reflect a more accurate penalty, but since when did FIFA not understand that there's a clear division between professional clubs and the likes of the Irish club? It's tantamount to piracy, and you have to ask, who police's the police?
No appeals allowed for fines less than £15000 I believe

Does seem a disproportionate amount and I agree with others that that’s the real issue. But I maintain we shouldn’t pay it. What if rather then £8000 it was £28000 or £128000. It’s simply not our debt to pay.

How about if Rotherham ran into difficulties again , should we slip a couple of hundred thousand their way to help out, for no other reason than “ cus we can afford it “

We have a business to run so where do you draw the line in handouts?

No appeals allowed for fines less than £15000 I believe
You are correct .I think 8000 grand is nothing to a prem club and i think the blades would get more than 8000 grands worth of good publicity and maybe first pick of other up and coming youngsters from that part of the world.Saving a small club for 8000 grand must be worth it surely and it would show the world that not all prem clubs are all money grabbers.IT could be a good investment after all we have got a real good prospect for next to nothing and it is us that are going to benefit from him being here.

A tiny amount of money for us really that would presumably we hope be to a club that could continue to provide young players for us in the future. Seems like a potential plus with no real drawback.
A tiny amount of money you say?

I didn’t pay going on for £500 for them to give it away. Me and about 15 others gave that money to watch United with the intention the money goes to United to benefit United.

I’d be pissed off if they started chucking our money around like that.

I didn’t pay going on for £500 for them to give it away. Me and about 15 others gave that money to watch United with the intention the money goes to United to benefit United.

You also didn’t pay £500 to have a stake in saying how the club is run or how it spends its money...

You also didn’t pay £500 to have a stake in saying how the club is run or how it spends its money...
Nowt stopping me having an opinion on it though.

Which btw is what the OP asked for, our opinion..

By us, I was referring to the club, not you and me say. I appreciate that for an individual it’s not a tiny amount, nor did I mean to suggest so. I’m not going to be annoyed if we don’t help them out, I just think it would be an easy win with no tangible drawbacks if we chose to lend a hand.

Tells you everything you need to know about FIFA its a money grabbing organization with no interests in the Grass roots = Blatter Platini anybody

Sheffield and Halam is no better, some years ago we played a dead rubber last game of the season and by mistake played a guy, one day before his ban had ended. Long story short S& H fined every player of the team even those not there about £50 each [ it may have been more], even though they all did nothing wrong i refused to pay and now banned for life
i just hope Karma gets them in the end

Besides the ethical, moral debate, I'm not in PR and Marketing but I'm not convinced the amount of publicity us paying 8 grand to a Northern Irish youth team for a registration error for a player now in our academy, would bring.

In fact I've a small inkling that most folk would give about as much of a shite about it as I do.

I've always found Hasan's story a little odd. Ever since he started turning up at SUFC Academy U23 games at Stockbridge as impromptu ball boy. Nothing whatsoever against the guy himself. Obvs I've seen him play a good few times. In case you don't recall, Hasan was a 6 year old YouTube viral sensation - dubbed The Little Messi. That was sort of an advertisement for his family's/Dad's football coaching school. (Which was in the US I guess). I think Hasan has then progressed through a series of Private pay to play Football Academies. I'm no expert, but I think TW Braga are just that - a private academy - with a "playing arm". Shirecliffe are/were getting more & more players from these sorts of Academies, rather than what you & me would recognise as "football clubs". No drama. It's the modern way. But, I'm a little bit cautious about - oh dear, poor little football club. Good luck to Hasan in particular - no longer The Little Messi I'm afraid.

Hope that everyone who is against us giving them a measly 8 grand don't complain about lower league clubs going out the business or how the Premier League has ruined football.

A drop in the ocean for us FFS and some of the money has already been raised by crowdfunding.

Hope that everyone who is against us giving them a measly 8 grand don't complain about lower league clubs going out the business or how the Premier League has ruined football.

A drop in the ocean for us FFS and some of the money has already been raised by crowdfunding.
It’s a youth club in Northern Ireland and the £8000 fine, nothing to do with lower League clubs in England and their financial struggles.

The issue surely is why are a governing body fining a youth club the ridiculous amount of £8000?

It’s not up to United to bail out Northern Irish youth clubs.

I've always found Hasan's story a little odd. Ever since he started turning up at SUFC Academy U23 games at Stockbridge as impromptu ball boy. Nothing whatsoever against the guy himself. Obvs I've seen him play a good few times. In case you don't recall, Hasan was a 6 year old YouTube viral sensation - dubbed The Little Messi. That was sort of an advertisement for his family's/Dad's football coaching school. (Which was in the US I guess). I think Hasan has then progressed through a series of Private pay to play Football Academies. I'm no expert, but I think TW Braga are just that - a private academy - with a "playing arm". Shirecliffe are/were getting more & more players from these sorts of Academies, rather than what you & me would recognise as "football clubs". No drama. It's the modern way. But, I'm a little bit cautious about - oh dear, poor little football club. Good luck to Hasan in particular - no longer The Little Messi I'm afraid.
There’s something ‘commercial’ about their set up. I’m not sure if it’s a pay to play or if they make their money from selling on the players to professional clubs’ youth teams, from this website.

Have you donated to this measly 8 grand ?

If we accept the figure of a season in the prem is worth £100m, then £8k represents 0.00008%
Proportionally the same as a guy on £25k a year flicking a £2 coin at a homeless bloke in a doorway

No brainier for me, you couldn’t buy the column space in the press for £8k, get the publicly, good will and inner warmth

Feet on ground, could be the next Mendonca, Sharp, or de Girolamo.

Back
Top Bottom