Has Wilder been found out?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Le Cynique

Team Maximum
Reaction score
Managing in the Sunday league, or in Leagues 1 and 2, is very different to managing in the Championship. Could it be that he simply hasn't got the chops - in either man management or transfer management terms - to manage a club of our size in the second tier?

Did he think it would be as easy as making sure that everyone drinks beer together and that a great bunch of lads with team spirit would be able to hold their own?

Did he imagine that a rigid wage structure would enhance the espirit de corps, encouraging the team to become more than the sum of its parts?

Did he think that people would come to the club for the honour of playing for us?

I suspect that he's a great manager when at the helm of a club where all the players in the league are a similar standard, as he can get the best out of them by engendering an 'all for one' team spirit. However, I fear that at this level he hasn't got a clue about how to successfully manage a team, and I make two predictions: one, that he won't last the season, and two, that we'll finish lower than we did last year.

ff168f1a-49a9-480b-81dd-41143526e20d.jpg

Viva le cynique, long live le cynique
Magnifique le cynique.

And people think I talk bolox.

Wilder has been hung out to dry by the worst boardroom in football since our last boardroom
McCabe deserves League One, he actually deserves League Two, but unfortunately thousands of people would suffer if that happened.

Not a single considered response. Fantastic. I'm not pork, by the way. Maybe I'll return to highlight this thread when my prophesies come to pass. I feel a little like Cassandra...

Managing in the Sunday league, or in Leagues 1 and 2, is very different to managing in the Championship. Could it be that he simply hasn't got the chops - in either man management or transfer management terms - to manage a club of our size in the second tier?

Did he think it would be as easy as making sure that everyone drinks beer together and that a great bunch of lads with team spirit would be able to hold their own?

Did he imagine that a rigid wage structure would enhance the espirit de corps, encouraging the team to become more than the sum of its parts?

Did he think that people would come to the club for the honour of playing for us?

I suspect that he's a great manager when at the helm of a club where all the players in the league are a similar standard, as he can get the best out of them by engendering an 'all for one' team spirit. However, I fear that at this level he hasn't got a clue about how to successfully manage a team, and I make two predictions: one, that he won't last the season, and two, that we'll finish lower than we did last year.
disagree

Not a single considered response. Fantastic. I'm not pork, by the way. Maybe I'll return to highlight this thread when my prophesies come to pass. I feel a little like Cassandra...

No, No, No, Le Cynique
It doesn't work like that.

You must accept insults and criticism without defence, you are not allowed to come back and say you are right, even if you are.
All that does is reinforce the fact that you wanted to be right all along and are therefore a pig

No, No, No, Le Cynique

You must accept insults and criticism without defence, you are not allowed to come back and say you are right, even if you are.
All that does is reinforce the fact that you wanted to be right all along and are therefore a pig
Takes one to know one....

Your first mistake is starting a thread that focuses fully on the blame lying with Wilder and Wilder alone.

Haven't you lot got an embargo to be worrying about?

I'll never understand this "I smell pork" crap. It makes people look like they are incapable of a cogent response.

Who cares who the poster supports? If you have a point, make it. If you don't, ignore it.

"I smell pork" and stuff like that is pathetic.

Your first mistake is starting a thread that focuses fully on the blame lying with Wilder and Wilder alone.

I don't suggest that the blame lies solely with him, but Mr McCabe is a lot more savvy than a lot of people give him credit for, and it's not him who picks the team. There's no way that the owners would willingly deny our managers the chance to gain promotion, as that's where the money is. If Chris Wilder refuses to spend the money that has been given to him, that's his look out...

No, No, No, Le Cynique

he’s breaking the mould this lad ;)

Is Cassandra french for numpty by any chance?

No, No, No, Le Cynique

I couldn’t give a flying fuck who you support.

You post articulately and intelligently when discussing being an IFA but your posts about football are puerile and have the emotional maturity of an 11 year old. You're clearly on here with the sole purpose of winding Blades up, as is le cynique, who couldn’t make one post praising Wilder or the club during the brief period we were actually quite successful.

You’re fucking transparent, pair of you.

Back
Top Bottom